Pro or slim

RockySanchez666

i have both systems and i dont see much of a difference really. i have a 75 inch tv 4k. and honestly the games look just as good upstairs on my 10 year old 1080 50 inch samsung. and ive had my original ps4 since launch with no issues. 

my pro came with 1 more tb (2tb). and my regular had only 1 tb. 2tb is def way better but if you got the money just swap it out for max storage so you dont have to keep deleting stuff.

even if you buy VR later it only goes to 1080 so the pro does nothing for it. i notice a little detail change in some games but other then that it really dont matter imo. even loading and startup times you only save like seconds.

whatever one you can afford get. if you got money to spare then buy the pro because you might get a 4k tv in the future. the pro is alot heavier though 

ive also had ps3s since release day and the ps4 imo is built to last alot better then ps3. ps3 had a legal issue during manufacturing where they couldnt use a good sodder on the motherboard chips thats why so many died. they resolved that issue since then with the ps4

Edited by melodicmizery

6 minutes ago, melodicmizery said:

i have both systems and i dont see much of a difference really. i have a 75 inch tv 4k. and honestly the games look just as good upstairs on my 10 year old 1080 50 inch samsung. and ive had my original ps4 since launch with no issues. 

my pro came with 1 more tb (2tb). and my regular had only 1 tb. 2tb is def way better but if you got the money just swap it out for max storage so you dont have to keep deleting stuff.

even if you buy VR later it only goes to 1080 so the pro does nothing for it. i notice a little detail change in some games but other then that it really dont matter imo. even loading and startup times you only save like seconds.

whatever one you can afford get. if you got money to spare then buy the pro because you might get a 4k tv in the future. the pro is alot heavier though 

ive also had ps3s since release day and the ps4 imo is built to last alot better then ps3. ps3 had a legal issue during manufacturing where they couldnt use a good sodder on the motherboard chips thats why so many died. they resolved that issue since then with the ps4

Thanx alot for reply :), money is not a problem as I can "borrow" some if needed, I have a 4k tv but I'm using ps4 on normal hdtv as its downstairs and I dont have much space for the tv 

As mentioned on this forum only the Pro model has a SATA 3 connection
Which equates to
SATA II (revision 2.x) interface, formally known as SATA 3Gb/s, is a second generation SATA interface running at 3.0 Gb/s. The bandwidth throughput, which is supported by the interface, is up to 300MB/s.

SATA III (revision 3.x) interface, formally known as SATA 6Gb/s, is a third generation SATA interface running at 6.0Gb/s. The bandwidth throughput, which is supported by the interface, is up to 600MB/s. This interface is backwards compatible with SATA 3 Gb/s interface.

https://www.ifixit.com/Answers/View/345864/SATA+revision+2.0+or+3.0

The Pro also has a faster CPU 2.1Ghz vs the slims 1.6

Pro Also boasts a extra USB 3.1 (nice to have for external HDDs) 

https://www.trustedreviews.com/news/ps4-pro-vs-ps4-2941086
I have all 3 the one I use most is a Gen 1 but she's a chugging along lately and the Pro has gotten a lot more use 

Edited by mackenzie129
added more info

Pointless getting a slim when a Pro is not much more now, a Pro is only around £220, maybe less in January sales. And don't listen to anyone who says there isn't a difference between PS4 and PS4 Pro because there is a huge difference on a lot of games. Like Rage 2, 30fps on PS4, 60 on Pro. Also i wonder if in a few years the Pro will get games that are on PS5 where the standard PS4 won't due to not enough power. 

Edited by GUDGER666

If you care about performance, some games do indeed run and/or look better on the pro, a few are even 60 fps. While the Pro was not the upgrade many hoped for (some still like to believe it is a beast compared to the slim, and act as if they own a high end pc), it is certainly the better console out of the two, so if money is not that much of an issue, get that one. There is also the noise, if u care about that, you can find tests on youtube about how each compares. And as And98s said, I also recommend Digital Foundry, in case there is a game that interests you and you want to see what  the difference in performance is between this two.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...