New to game, what should I expect

wackt1

The parkour is great fun. There are tricks you can find on you tube that will help with speed runs. Mainly the side jump speed boost. You will find out soon enough that the combat is the weakest part of the game, especially the gun play. Reason why it was removed from the sequel.

If going for plat be prepared for many many retries. Very satisfying when you beat though

• Like 2

Pain... you can expect a lot of pain... ?

It’s a different game. It might look a bit poor nowadays but back in the day it was one of those games that made the difference.

Trophy wise it was very painful to me tbh. I started playing it a little after PS3 was released and way before I was even concerned about trophies. I took it back a few months ago and I could tell the difference in game play proficiency, but it still was a massive pain. I only managed to get the platinum by buying the ridiculously expensive DLC.

All that being said, good luck!

• Like 2

Most importantly, have fun! This is such a great game.

The time-based trophies take time and persistence but you'll probably be having so much fun with the gameplay it won't even be an issue. I recommend enjoying the story first and getting used to the controls, then give all the miscellaneous trophies a go, then the time-based ones. If you fail at a timed level later on, try a different one and come back to it later - there's a lot of great content here to play and it feels great to earn a trophy in this game :P 

• Like 2

Especially, in addition to the other answers, if you go for the plat try to focus on this game until the end or you risk to loose the hang of the game. I began this game in december and after many tries i got all the stars related trophies. Came back after 15 days of non-playing and i have to start all over for the speedruns cause i forgot all the levels.

As the others said, is a total different game: first person parkour and some (poor) fighting scenes. It is a great game if you take your time to enjoy the main story( the story and graphic are not so good in my opinion, but it's very nice to play it), and almost a nightmare when you come up to speedruns and stars (levels of the story and sections to be completed withing a certain time). Luckily there are youtube videos wich shows shortcuts and strategies, but you will probably need lots of tries anyway.

P.S.

If you go for 100% there is a dlc part wich adds 40 stars and some other easy trophies. If you managed to complete the speedruns and the first 50 stars you should have no big problems with this. Enjoy