Flare gun?

JFL_Leon

this is guns response to me for flare gun bug report on asia version

Thanks for reaching out to us! We'll be happy to check into things about the flare gun, for issues connecting it may be expected.

Our dedicated servers are region based to prevent issues with lag and latency, however players can play on player hosted matches instead of dedicated servers. There may be times a player will be sent to a nearby region, but the game does not have a way to manually select your server. 

If you join in a party with friends are you able to join with players from other regions or do you see any error messages? 

18 hours ago, ckleckner78 said:

this is guns response to me for flare gun bug report on asia version

Thanks for reaching out to us! We'll be happy to check into things about the flare gun, for issues connecting it may be expected.

Our dedicated servers are region based to prevent issues with lag and latency, however players can play on player hosted matches instead of dedicated servers. There may be times a player will be sent to a nearby region, but the game does not have a way to manually select your server. 

If you join in a party with friends are you able to join with players from other regions or do you see any error messages? 

Hmmm they don't seem to have a clue...if you try to join a server that someone has started in a different region of the game (ie NA/EU) it just refers you to the PlayStation store to buy that particular version of the game.  So while I'm glad you actually got a response (I still haven't), this particular response helps no one...

are you playing the uk or usa version? i have the us version and its easy to find they are all over the place. if for some reason if they arent in the uk version and people are getting the trophy it may be because if you platinum the american version you can buy the uk version and auto pop most of the trophies.

unless a new patch came out the past few days i dont know about or something

edit i just realized this is a new asian release (japan?). im not sure if i could even pull you into my game if its broke on one end. it may be 2 different game versions. so wht im guessing is even if i pull you in and connect, the object (flare) might not be there on your end possibly?

Edited by DaivRules

4 hours ago, melodicmizery said:

are you playing the uk or usa version? i have the us version and its easy to find they are all over the place. if for some reason if they arent in the uk version and people are getting the trophy it may be because if you platinum the american version you can buy the uk version and auto pop most of the trophies. if you really need it that bad i can boot up a private match and add you so you can get it. unless a new patch came out the past few days i dont know about or something

psn MelodicMizery

edit i just realized this is a new asian release (japan?). im not sure if i could even pull you into my game if its broke on one end. it may be 2 different game versions. so wht im guessing is even if i pull you in and connect, the object (flare) might not be there on your end possibly?

When I am playing on the Asia version and try to accept an invite from my alt on the US version it takes my main to the PlayStation store to buy the US version.  Same if my alt is on the UK version.  For some reason it isn't possible to connect between US/UK and the Asian version.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/7/2020 at 4:18 PM, stupid0089 said:

When I am playing on the Asia version and try to accept an invite from my alt on the US version it takes my main to the PlayStation store to buy the US version.  Same if my alt is on the UK version.  For some reason it isn't possible to connect between US/UK and the Asian version.

just wondering when this happens to you, do you have more then one region installed?

the reason im asking is i have usa and uk installed. when i tried playing with friends on my uk, their invite closed my uk version and opened my american version. i didnt understand what happened until my trophy didnt pop. what i had to do was delete my american version which i already finish and then i could accept invites on my uk version to play. 

not sure if thatll work on the asia version though. but worth a try if you have more then one copy downloaded. 

• Like 1

On 2/5/2020 at 7:15 PM, Helyx said:

@stupid0089 I see you got your trophy for the Flare Gun in the AS version. I'm assuming this is all fixed and proper now? Were you able to set up game lobbies with people playing other region versions, or did they all need to be AS?

um yea it was fixed a few weeks ago I only played one match to get the last trophy so I don't know if other regions are matched or not. as far as I can tell when I last played it was still only as region players only

Edited by ckleckner78
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

The Flare Gun is readily available in the Asian version, as @ckleckner78 pointed out (just wanted to confirm). I can also confirm that EU and NA regions can play with the AS version without any trouble.

Edit: If you have more than one version installed at the same time (ie: EU and AS), the PS4 will get confused and can't figure out which version to launch. This happens with all region stacks with multiplayer components. Just delete the other version(s) and it'll work fine.

Edited by Helyx

On 4/16/2020 at 7:42 PM, Helyx said:

The Flare Gun is readily available in the Asian version, as @ckleckner78 pointed out (just wanted to confirm). I can also confirm that EU and NA regions can play with the AS version without any trouble.

Edit: If you have more than one version installed at the same time (ie: EU and AS), the PS4 will get confused and can't figure out which version to launch. This happens with all region stacks with multiplayer components. Just delete the other version(s) and it'll work fine.

nice when the as version first launched you couldn't n made it so much harder to get matches

• 1 month later...
On 4/16/2020 at 7:42 PM, Helyx said:

hey helyx do you know if the asian version has the kill glitch in it to kill 8 people. and if not what if i downgraded it to 1.0 would it have it? finding 8 people is a nightmare and playing in a normal match takes forever to become jason

edit on the downgrade, i would be offline  on 1.0 so i wouldnt be able to connect online so that aspect wont work damn

Edited by melodicmizery

8 hours ago, melodicmizery said:

do you know if the asian version has the kill glitch in it to kill 8 people.

I'm not sure, but if it's present in the other two versions, I would assume it's in this version as well.