Favorite WELL KNOWN trophy hunter?

ARH65512

On 1/1/2020 at 6:20 PM, Crispy_Oglop said:

Here are my favourites, I 100% appreciate PowerPyx and definitely use their videos, but I'm including mine based on personality and having a verbal presence on their videos:

• Brian from PS4 Trophies
  • Lucy from LudiXP
  • Staypationt - which is now an inactive site after he got trolled out of YouTube, but some of his early explainers were really cool
  • Maka from Maka's Guides - He is mainly Xbox, but his achievement guides still work on PS versions of the game.
  • Lawless Lama - does trophy profile reviews

I'm really not familiar with any of these.

I've used PowerPyx once or twice on occasions I've got stuck on a location/quest as when I've googled, that website has been the top result.

Maka I also may have used once upon a time in my Xbox 360 days, I have a faint memory of a video opening with a splash screen & someone saying Maka's guides.

I've never heard of Lawless Lama though, I didn't even know profile reviewing was a thing. He/she would probably have a field day with mine & how long it takes me to finish games haha. 

-Edit-

I should probably add that if I'm an looking for help on a game, I generally look for websites that have text & picture guides, not videos. I don't own a PC or laptop so manage with everything on my phone so this is probably why I don't know most of the names in this thread.

Edited by ObsceneSociopath
  • Like 2

Powerpyx has always been my go to guy over the years, easy to follow to the point video and written guides and he's so fast at getting those guides up!

@IBadDriverI another top dude who I'm subbed to and who's guides I use a hell of a lot, he also makes some amazing handy vids when any new sale hits on multiple regions listing any AAA cheap games with plat difficulty, time estimates, easier plats and so on.

@SlimSanta94 this guy is hands down my personal faveourite trophy hunter.  Not only one of the most genuine nicest down to earth guys that you could ever hope to meet but one badass gamer to boot!  Some of the plats and Ultra rare trophies this man has accomplished are seriously impressive and the only conclusion I've come up with is that he's super human.  Keep up the good work ma man ?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ObsceneSociopath said:

I'm really not familiar with any of these.

I've used PowerPyx once or twice on occasions I've got stuck on a location/quest as when I've googled, that website has been the top result.

Maka I also may have used once upon a time in my Xbox 360 days, I have a faint memory of a video opening with a splash screen & someone saying Maka's guides.

I've never heard of Lawless Lama though, I didn't even know profile reviewing was a thing. He/she would probably have a field day with mine & how long it takes me to finish games haha. 

-Edit-

I should probably add that if I'm an looking for help on a game, I generally look for websites that have text & picture guides, not videos. I don't own a PC or laptop so manage with everything on my phone so this is probably why I don't know most of the names in this thread.

@ObsceneSociopath I am always open to looking at your account should you ever wish me to in the future! :) My videos also don't go into roasting territory...unless self-roasting is involved. ?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Lawless_Llama said:

@ObsceneSociopath I am always open to looking at your account should you ever wish me to in the future! :) My videos also don't go into roasting territory...unless self-roasting is involved. 1f602.png

Be my guest, it would be interesting to see what other people thought about what games I play & my completition rate.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lawless_Llama said:

@ObsceneSociopath I am always open to looking at your account should you ever wish me to in the future! :) My videos also don't go into roasting territory...unless self-roasting is involved. 1f602.png

How do you go about selecting profiles to rate? Do you mostly do it at random? 

I'm very curious as to your channel and I'll definitely check it out this weekend when I get a moment. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

How do you go about selecting profiles to rate? Do you mostly do it at random? 

I'm very curious as to your channel and I'll definitely check it out this weekend when I get a moment. 

I'll do a review for anyone that wants them! The people that I review either leave a comment in my videos with their PSN ID, message me on these forums or get in contact with me in some other manner. :) I have a running list of who I am reviewing next that can easily be seen on my community discord; I like to keep my awesome community informed! I appreciate the kind words, my friend, I hope you enjoy the content I have released so far!

• Like 2

Disappointed no one has said me yet, but I guess, like usual, if you want something done right, you have to do it yourself. I nominate stoogebag, I mean iHateTheLastJedi for trophy hunter of the decade.

Also @Lawless_Llama, I had no idea you existed before yesterday and before this thread, I love that as an idea what you do. I mean. I won't lie, I don't have hours to kill right now but I could defo see me having it on in the background podcast style sometime, love me some long length content. I'll give you the script for my one to save you the time. "Guy's shit and seems to take a break decently often", that'll be $27.50.

8 hours ago, VigilantCrow said:

@Spaz is my favorite well known trophy collector. Blunt and realistic goes a long way for me.

Seconded. I like to give him shit here and there as he gives others shit, but most of the time the dude is 100% on the money, and we stan a good shittalker in this house.

• Like 1

PowerPyx & PS4Trophies - These two guys are without question my overall favorites. They have done so much to help us with trophy guides, without them I don't think the trophy hunting hobby would be as well known and popular. Now granted, trophy hunting is still a pretty niche hobby, but if I were to nominate two guys for their efforts and the countless hours they have spent putting together trophy videos, it would be these two without question.

Lawless Llama - My pick for the best guy on YouTube who reviews trophy hunting videos. Isn't overly biased, has a fairly neutral stance, doesn't judge others profiles by numbers or by what games they've completed. One of his slogans is "not a drama llama", and in this day and age where negativity is pretty much everywhere, hearing somebody with good commentary and a calm, natural voice is a breath of fresh air. I've watched a few livestreams of his and he puts himself in a good manner, enjoys interacting with his subscribers and followers. I hope he continues to review other peoples trophy profiles for a long time to come. Maybe he can do an analysis on certain games for trophies, I definitely always like watching those videos.

That's all I can think of for now.

• Like 2

@Super-Fly Spider-Guy I'll make sure to quote the summary that you have given me in the future for your review. ?? For real though man, I really appreciate the support and kind words. :) It's easy to make some pretty sweet content for people like you!

@Spaz Thanks for the shoutout brother! :) Your account is next up on the list to review (will be the first review of "season 2" starting soon). I'm going to attempt to jumpstart a new discussion series tomorrow, and I'll talk a bit about doing game analysis in it as well. 

• Like 3

On 1/3/2020 at 8:37 PM, Lawless_Llama said:

@Spaz Thanks for the shoutout brother! :) Your account is next up on the list to review (will be the first review of "season 2" starting soon). I'm going to attempt to jumpstart a new discussion series tomorrow, and I'll talk a bit about doing game analysis in it as well. 

I look forward to it.

However I definitely want(ed) to get some 'hard' stuff done. Vanquish, Woah Dave!, Capcom Arcade Cabinet and DOOM 2 were just a few games I wanted to finish.