Favorite WELL KNOWN trophy hunter?

ARH65512

On 1/2/2020 at 4:30 PM, Ashbo said:

Seraphim17 - Being a fellow northerner (UK) I can relate to his lingo, but his dialogue and communication is excellent, yet witty and he tackles games on all difficulties which helps me alot if I decide to take on games at the hardest levels (which is hardly ever! Haha).

Chris is awesome. It's too bad his work is underappreciated..In my book he's a remnant from the golden age of YT with his style of post commentary and insightful strategies. Back in the day most creators would've just gave up and left, but he kept it going. Tuning into his walkthroughs is like revisiting a blast from the past

Edited by demonoutcast
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Spaz said:

I look forward to it.

However I definitely want(ed) to get some 'hard' stuff done. Vanquish, Woah Dave!, Capcom Arcade Cabinet and DOOM 2 were just a few games I wanted to finish.

@Spaz I can wait on your review if you would rather have those done beforehand :)

Edited by Lawless_Llama

On 4.1.2020 at 7:46 AM, SnakePitJohnson said:

BTW I don’t think PowerPyx is a person per say..it’s a group of people I think that make the content and play on one account.  Feel free to correct me if I’m mistaken 

Here to correct you, just as you wished. :D

PowerPyx is a person - I met him once :o  Everybody in PowerPyx team plays on their own account. We are a group of 10 people by now as you can see on the PowerPyx website. Each guide has a name of writer added into it.

Edited by SnowNinjaRaccoon
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, Desmuria said:

@Stay-Pationt

I was absolutely devastated when Stay-Pationt decided to quit YouTube. I'm still subscribed to his channel, hoping he'll change his mind.

I love watching guides with commentaries, so his guides were perfect for me.

He has a really soothing voice and he explains things in a very coherent, simple and yet articulate manner.

I really miss your uploads and I hope you're doing okay!

<3

He quit back in April 2017.

I pretty much remain convinced that a certain trophy hunter/YouTuber helped drive him off. I was on his livestream the day this guy ripped apart Stay-Pationt, and it was one of the most unprofessional things I've ever seen from someone.

To put this story short, this guy who more or less drove off Stay-Pationt did a series of videos, basically Top 10 Hardest PS3 Games, Top 10 Hardest PS4 Games, Why 100 Platinums Isn't Always Impressive, etc etc etc. I subscribed to him back in late 2015 - early 2016, I felt he was a pretty good YouTuber who had an interesting analysis on trophy hunting.

Fast forward to early 2017. He did these Trophy Iluminati videos which were basically interviews with trophy hunters who posted videos on YouTube. Stay-Pationt was one of the trophy hunters being interviewed in the videos, but afterwards is when the shit started.

This guy that I've been subscribed to for over a year at that point starts talking shit to Stay-Pationt, and decides to drive away other trophy hunters. In around April of 2017, I catch one of his livestreams where he's playing Star Wars Battlefront 1. I knew Stay-Pationt ran a trophy service, but this guy decided to bash him on that and his Patreon. He watches the video of Stay-Pationt leaving YouTube, and here is where shit got heated. This guy makes a lot of claims against Stay-Pationt, saying he is sick, saying he stays at home, yadda yadda yadda. A bunch of crap goes on in the chat, and this guy was pretty pissed off. Unfortunately Stay-Pationt did in fact leave YouTube. The man who drove him away managed to stick around for a year and a half, until sometime in early 2019 when he deleted/hidden his YouTube channel. I haven't found him doing any videos since, so I guess he is gone from YouTube as well.

Stay-Pationt is three years behind. So if he does come back he has a lot of catching up to do. His guides on Deponia, Clockwork Tales of Glass & Ink, The Little Acre, Albedo: Eyes From Outer Space, The Bunker and Dead Synchronicity are still really good. The videos are very well presented and everything is laid out nicely so they're easy to follow along. It's really too bad he couldn't continue that format.

He also reviewed other peoples trophy accounts very well. I would of paid some money and donated to him if it meant getting a one - two hour video of him reviewing and looking over my trophy hunting account.

On 3.1.2020 at 9:01 AM, Sky_RykerXD said:

Another shout out to Adam McDermott

His Platinum Journey videos are fun to watch. It is his journey to getting the platinum, including all the frustrating bits. He posted a video recently about having more content this year compared to last. I'm excited.

Thanks, I didnt remebered his name. I watched him in 2017, when I started trophy hunting myself. Seemed like a good guy to me.

13 hours ago, Spaz said:

He quit back in April 2017.

I pretty much remain convinced that a certain trophy hunter/YouTuber helped drive him off. I was on his livestream the day this guy ripped apart Stay-Pationt, and it was one of the most unprofessional things I've ever seen from someone.

To put this story short, this guy who more or less drove off Stay-Pationt did a series of videos, basically Top 10 Hardest PS3 Games, Top 10 Hardest PS4 Games, Why 100 Platinums Isn't Always Impressive, etc etc etc. I subscribed to him back in late 2015 - early 2016, I felt he was a pretty good YouTuber who had an interesting analysis on trophy hunting.

Fast forward to early 2017. He did these Trophy Iluminati videos which were basically interviews with trophy hunters who posted videos on YouTube. Stay-Pationt was one of the trophy hunters being interviewed in the videos, but afterwards is when the shit started.

This guy that I've been subscribed to for over a year at that point starts talking shit to Stay-Pationt, and decides to drive away other trophy hunters. In around April of 2017, I catch one of his livestreams where he's playing Star Wars Battlefront 1. I knew Stay-Pationt ran a trophy service, but this guy decided to bash him on that and his Patreon. He watches the video of Stay-Pationt leaving YouTube, and here is where shit got heated. This guy makes a lot of claims against Stay-Pationt, saying he is sick, saying he stays at home, yadda yadda yadda. A bunch of crap goes on in the chat, and this guy was pretty pissed off. Unfortunately Stay-Pationt did in fact leave YouTube. The man who drove him away managed to stick around for a year and a half, until sometime in early 2019 when he deleted/hidden his YouTube channel. I haven't found him doing any videos since, so I guess he is gone from YouTube as well.

Stay-Pationt is three years behind. So if he does come back he has a lot of catching up to do. His guides on Deponia, Clockwork Tales of Glass & Ink, The Little Acre, Albedo: Eyes From Outer Space, The Bunker and Dead Synchronicity are still really good. The videos are very well presented and everything is laid out nicely so they're easy to follow along. It's really too bad he couldn't continue that format.

He also reviewed other peoples trophy accounts very well. I would of paid some money and donated to him if it meant getting a one - two hour video of him reviewing and looking over my trophy hunting account.

Hi Spaz! Carlos (PSN CMH777) is now mainly a Twitch streamer. His Twitch channel is called CARLOHAZ. He is still quite a toxic individual often mocking other trophy hunting Youtubers like Hakoom, KingSuperOne and Brian from PS4trophies.
He has slagged you off in the past on some of his streams as well I’m afraid when he has been reading through PSNP forum posts on his streams.

Edited by CultOfHakoom
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CultOfHakoom said:

Hi Spaz! Carlos (PSN CMH777) is now mainly a Twitch streamer. His Twitch channel is called CARLOHAZ. He is still quite a toxic individual often mocking other trophy hunting Youtubers like Hakoom, KingSuperOne and Brian from PS4trophies.
He has slagged you off in the past on some of his streams as well I’m afraid when he has been reading through PSNP forum posts on his streams.

His YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCe-T1zarVf8o7U6TSuiks1g

I thought this was a funny video: 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CultOfHakoom said:

I know who he is. He did a series of trophy hunting videos around 2015 - 2017 that were pretty interesting.

I don't completely hate the guy, because I agreed with a lot of his views on trophies in the past a few years ago. But the shit that he started with Stay-Pationt in early 2017 led to other issues.

I still recall one of his livestreams sometime back in July 2017 being titled along the lines of 'Drama in the Trophy Hunting Community'. If that wasn't a better way to attract hate and bad attention, I don't know what is.

His trophy roasts were a little comical, but this guy can't take too many jokes without being overly rude. I respect Carlos (CMH777) for his long term dedication to trophies, his knowledge of trophies, the games he recommends, etc etc etc. As a matter of fact I actually bought some games because I happened to see them in a video Carlos made that I thought were going to be intriguing. So that's one really good thing I'll give him credit for.

Looking back, I appreciate that Carlos has some sense of humor and he tries to be a little different in his live shows. But he kept going back and forth on making YouTube videos. Some videos would be up for a few months only to suddenly disappear. Then in early 2019 he closes his YouTube channel.

I've watched a couple liveshows afterwards, but I didn't find too much worthwhile other than the shitting and pissing from reading random forum posts on PSNProfiles. It's fine if you don't like some people, I will admit there are a few people I don't like here on PSNP and PST.org. But does showing that crap on livestream for others to see and point out 'Oh look Spaz is an asshole and a cynic' really necessary?

He's criticized a lot of others. There was another YouTuber who reviewed trophy accounts that Carlos for some reason couldn't stand at all. I just didn't see the logic.

Some of his stories are funny and good. But meh, he can be doing a LOT better.

On 1/3/2020 at 11:57 AM, I need more BIOSHOCK said:

Powerpyx has always been my go to guy over the years, easy to follow to the point video and written guides and he's so fast at getting those guides up!

@IBadDriverI another top dude who I'm subbed to and who's guides I use a hell of a lot, he also makes some amazing handy vids when any new sale hits on multiple regions listing any AAA cheap games with plat difficulty, time estimates, easier plats and so on.

@SlimSanta94 this guy is hands down my personal faveourite trophy hunter.  Not only one of the most genuine nicest down to earth guys that you could ever hope to meet but one badass gamer to boot!  Some of the plats and Ultra rare trophies this man has accomplished are seriously impressive and the only conclusion I've come up with is that he's super human.  Keep up the good work ma man 1f44d.png

Thank you for the shoutout my dude, really appreciate the kind words :)

• Like 1

PS4 trophies Brian (soothing voice, great for talking/walking through exactly, also does challenge videos)

staypatoint (really wish he kept making vids he was my absolute favourite)

Mystic (I love how he has a smaller list but he 100% did the games he wanted just because he was a fan of them)

Honourable mentions for their amazing guides/walkthroughs lBadDriverl and Maka

On 2020-01-06 at 3:02 AM, Spaz said:

I’ve long heard these rumours as well that Stay-Pationt’s exit from YouTube was the direct result of certain individuals launching nasty attacks against him and his character. I don’t doubt it either, because this community (as much as I love it) can be incredibly toxic at times and the YouTube community in particular is about 100x worse.

It’s a godamn shame though. He was unable to work apparently and so his YouTube channel (and trophy services) was how he supported himself. And he earned every single dollar, because his content was top notch, his presentation in every video was very professional, and had an incredible amount of effort put into everything he made.

I especially loved the unique topics he covered in detail (ie. “How to be a Trophy Hunter” series) - tips and tricks like using blank accounts to help maintain a high completion percentage or accessing different regions of the PS Store, to in depth explanations on how the trophy points system works or analysis of the psychology behind trophy hunting.

He was really something special and a breath of fresh air amongst all the garbage and low effort content on YouTube. It would be nice to see him return some day.

==

Back to the topic at hand, many people have mentioned Mystic in this thread and I agree and can’t recommend his YouTube channel enough!

Although he is a trophy hunter, I never really thought of him as such because trophy content is not the focus of his channel and only makes up a tiny percentage of the videos he does.

But if you’re looking for very interesting and thoroughly researched documentaries regarding Sony, the history of PlayStation, major events or dramas that have occurred over the years (ie. the Sony hackings), the generational feud between the gaming industry titans and constant battle to be #1 etc, then Mystic is the guy to watch. His content is amazing!

He also does a lot of random videos that are quite interesting... Like ordering mystery boxes/assortments of random PlayStation games off EBay and unboxing them, going back to visit the servers on lots of 10+ year old PS3 games to see what the online community is like, in depth reviews of Somy services like PS Now. I always enjoy his stuff. ?

Edited by dieselmanchild
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, KaKrackle said:

Probably @lilpain97 because she is the greatest openly transgender trophy hunter  on the planet, and the second best Trials player I know...after myself.

Why thank you very much... But... Who is beating you on all tracks and is top 700 ;) 

Yes. Im trans. Or whatever you want me to be.

I don't know why people like PowerPyx; I hate the fact he makes multiple videos for different collectibles from the same game, in fact I pretty much never use those.

Harry94 is way more helpful also for some tough games; if I see he made a vid for what I'm looking for I usually use that.

For colletibles I use sometimes the vids from 360GameTV, all collectibles in 1 video and very well done.

BUT! without any doubt my most favourite of all time is papidadi, the only LGC in the entire universe; all the rest are just useless CFC.