The Witcher

BigPete7978

I thought it was decent on it's own. It's definitely more enjoyable if you have little or no prior knowledge of the source material.

In my case, I read the first book and half of the second, so to see an attempt to almost retell the short stories was a "spot the difference" sort of fun. 

Would have definitely enjoyed it more if I went in blind. The polish fans definitely know what I'm talking about judging by how "memed" this show was. ?

Final thought! It's not comparable to GOT like some outlets would have you believe, it's not comparable to the games, and that coin song sounded too Disney for my taste, but it's a very enjoyable show. Give it a go if you haven't. 

PS: I'm still upset that they didn't squeeze in the "go fuck yourself joke" in the genie episode. 

Really loved it, was devastated when it was over because the wait for the next season is gonna suck soooooooooo much. Ah well, gives me time to read the rest of the books and actually play the 2nd and 3rd games! I tried to play the very first one on my PC but the gameplay was just dire for me, I'm going to watch the cutscenes on YouTube