Deicide question

Joe Dubz

1 hour ago, ROFL-WAFFLES said:

Shrine of the mountain during loop 2 (stages 5-8) is your best bet. They can appear earlier or later too but you may be underpowered.

Ah okay, I tried the shrine on the very first stage, thinking that would work. Which it didn't lol! But okay, I will be giving this a shot then. Monsoon difficulty does get quite brutal, but I should be able to manage! Thanks for the suggestion!

1 hour ago, integra_93GS-R said:

Ah okay, I tried the shrine on the very first stage, thinking that would work. Which it didn't lol! But okay, I will be giving this a shot then. Monsoon difficulty does get quite brutal, but I should be able to manage! Thanks for the suggestion!

I reccomend farming 10-15 lunar coins and uploading your save to the cloud so you don't have to keep farming them if you fail. Try to grab early Shaped glasses 2-4 of them should make it much easier.

2 Shrines of the mountain on the same level guarantees an elite boss. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, iGGTheEnd said:

I reccomend farming 10-15 lunar coins and uploading your save to the cloud so you don't have to keep farming them if you fail. Try to grab early Shaped glasses 2-4 of them should make it much easier.

2 Shrines of the mountain on the same level guarantees an elite boss. 

Okay sweet! I very much appreciate the tips, you rawk ?

Right, I do remember you mentioning this on the other post, about the Shaped Glass + Topaz Brooch for the overshield. I had at least 1 glass and quite a few of those on my 20+ run, so I'll definitely be aiming to do the same for this one. So in theory, it sounds like I could even try to farm for 2 shrines on the 1st level? I almost feel like I might be too underpowered for that, unless I'd get really lucky with the drops.

@iGGTheEnd I see you have the plat already, I'm just curious as to which class or classes you preferred to use? I've had the most luck with Huntress, so I've been sticking with her for the most part. 

1 hour ago, integra_93GS-R said:

Okay sweet! I very much appreciate the tips, you rawk 1f601.png

Right, I do remember you mentioning this on the other post, about the Shaped Glass + Topaz Brooch for the overshield. I had at least 1 glass and quite a few of those on my 20+ run, so I'll definitely be aiming to do the same for this one. So in theory, it sounds like I could even try to farm for 2 shrines on the 1st level? I almost feel like I might be too underpowered for that, unless I'd get really lucky with the drops.

@iGGTheEnd I see you have the plat already, I'm just curious as to which class or classes you preferred to use? I've had the most luck with Huntress, so I've been sticking with her for the most part. 

I used Engineer to get the Deicide trophy because his turrets are like having 3 characters and make early bosses go by much quicker. 

Huntress was what I used for my first 20+ level run.

But I think on PS4s current patch Mercenary is the strongest character.

If you decide to wait a patch Rex is the strongest character. I have been playing on PC with my friends and Rex feels really strong next patch.

When I got the elite boss it was the final level 2nd loop.

Also another tip try and do the first couple levels as quick as possible open 3-4 chests if they are close and head to the next level. Trying to get to the snow level and open the timed chest is a good way to make the next few bosses much easier.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, iGGTheEnd said:

I used Engineer to get the Deicide trophy because his turrets are like having 3 characters and make early bosses go by much quicker. 

Huntress was what I used for my first 20+ level run.

But I think on PS4s current patch Mercenary is the strongest character.

If you decide to wait a patch Rex is the strongest character. I have been playing on PC with my friends and Rex feels really strong next patch.

When I got the elite boss it was the final level 2nd loop.

Also another tip try and do the first couple levels as quick as possible open 3-4 chests if they are close and head to the next level. Trying to get to the snow level and open the timed chest is a good way to make the next few bosses much easier.

Good stuff buddy! This all sounds like solid advice. I very much appreciate your input! Cheers mate. 

• Like 1

To even have a chance at getting this trophy the stars need to align, it seems. All it takes is a small mistake and a 1-2 hour run is wasted. There is nothing quite like being fatally bitch slapped by a Glacial Stone Titan when you've taken off 2/3 of its HP. 

Shrines of the Mountain are important unless you get lucky like I did (though I wouldn't count on it). Supposedly, it's possible to get an elite boss to spawn on the first stage with three shrines active. However, I've never seen more than two shrines in one level. I can only imagine how incredibly low the odds are of this happening. Sometimes you won't see any shrines at all; when I got the trophy I made it to stage 12 without ever finding one.

I mostly used the same strategy for this as I did for the long run: Huntress, a lot of Topaz, one Shaped Glass, Gesture of the Drowned, Missiles, and as many Fuel Cells as I could find. If you're lucky enough to encounter one, the Soulbound Catalyst helps immensely. I should also note that I learned all this thanks to the responses I got in a different thread.

Edited by Ariadne

• 1 month later...
On 1/7/2020 at 3:00 AM, SwordVsDagger said:

For note. I got the decide trophy from killing a ice beetle queen on stage 2 first loop with two shrine of the mountains active.

Was that solo or you played with a group , cuz i know the spawn rate is much higher in multiplayer. But its hard to run with randoms on monsoon lol

Edit: Got it solo stage 4 , just dont rush the stages to much , try and pick up everything and wen you finally are at a stage with 2 mountain shrines clean everything activate all drones and lvl if you need to , then hit the teleporter and kill the boss. Rushing on monsoon for this trophy is not the way to go. I know ppl say to rush because time is very valuable on monsoon but i had way better luck not rushing and getting all upgrades on each lvl.

Edited by MaT-_420_-
Added info

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...