Tips from Time Attack

Dzwienkoswit

Time Attack is the hardest thing in this game for amateurs like me. I found some helpful tips. Maybe they'll be useful to someone.

- Gear max for acceleration
- Auto braking off (on some tracks, however, is useful)
- You can leave the route when the tracks are open. There is a time penalty, but if we drive a larger distance off the track they may not give it to us. In the case of the timme attack Kawasaki special it helped me a lot. Use rewind to check where in the game the route will not add penalty. You can save precious seconds.

In Macau Honda time attack, you can't leave the track and shorten the route. But I recommend such settings:
- SUSPENSION - FRONT and REAR +10
- GEAR - FINAL RATIO +10
- CONTROLS CALIBRATION - BRAKE: AGGRESSIVE and GAS: FAST
- Auto braking ON is very helpful in this case.

In Time Attack modes with DLC, the most important is choosing the right bike. You have to test which one works best to upgrade it as much as possible. Sometimes the strongest is not the best.

I had a major problem with the Macau time attack on the Honda volume and asked for help on this site, eventually beating it by over a second (very good for me!). I didn't change any of the mechanical settings but I did reduce the Traction Control to virtually not on. This enables the bike to 'kick out'  the rear wheel (power slide) on corners whilst still holding speed,therefore giving a faster time. Worked for me, maybe it'll work for you. I wouldn't recommend  auto brakes on though.