Game crashes constantly - Patch v1.02 (Disc version) - SOLVED

1 hour ago, LunchCannon54 said:

Is anyone else just not able to download the collection at all? It gets to the minimum download point required to boot up the game then I just get an unable to download error. My friend is having the same problem. How could they stuff this up this hard?

Check to see if you have enough space on your PS4 to download. Requires double the amount of space of the game or you'll get an error message.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JiII-Valentine-- said:

Check to see if you have enough space on your PS4 to download. Requires double the amount of space of the game or you'll get an error message.

No that's not it. I download everything new on the external hard drive and I still have about 800GB left on it. For reference when the error happens the data gets listed as corrupt.

EDIT: Seems to have got past that initial hump and is downloading as normal now that I've actually been paying attention to it. Seems to have been an issue with downloading it in rest mode last time.

Edited by LunchCannon54

12 hours ago, LunchCannon54 said:

No that's not it. I download everything new on the external hard drive and I still have about 800GB left on it. For reference when the error happens the data gets listed as corrupt.

EDIT: Seems to have got past that initial hump and is downloading as normal now that I've actually been paying attention to it. Seems to have been an issue with downloading it in rest mode last time.

I've had that corrupt error happen with me but with Dead by Daylight. I had to delete the entire game and download everything again from scratch.

These crashes are the bane of my existence. It’s account related too, I can play on any profile but my own without issue. But I can’t play on my account, it crashes instantly at the exact same spot during the opening scene.. every darn time, the same spot.

Unfortunately this means I can’t play on my PS4 Pro. Because I have two consoles. My original PS4 is set as my home console. So I can’t disconnect my PS4 pro to play.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Try this: before starting the game, turn off the internet connection on your PS4. Then start the game and load your save. Once it has loaded, turn the internet connection on again.

My theory is that the leaderboards arent syncronising propely and are causing the game to crash

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 28/04/2020 at 11:38 PM, yolo_poppas said:

I figured it out, it's boost mode. As soon as I turned boost mode off it stopped crashing for me.

How do I do that?

On 15/07/2020 at 6:37 PM, G_B0mb--8 said:

Try this: before starting the game, turn off the internet connection on your PS4. Then start the game and load your save. Once it has loaded, turn the internet connection on again.

My theory is that the leaderboards arent syncronising propely and are causing the game to crash

I am having a hard time... everytime I browse the game it crashes no matter where I go. hopefully i'll be able to complete it. I wonder if 2nd and 3rd suffer from the same issue. Givin' me creeps.

Edit: GBomb8 tip was a life saver. I just need 1 trophy to 100% it. 

Edited by WerewolfSquall

• 8 months later...
On 15/7/2020 at 11:37 PM, G_B0mb--8 said:

This, exactly. It's the friend stats (leaderboards) which tried to sync and due to some error in the process, the application crashes. I think I put that same fix you mentioned on the first page. ;)

• 5 months later...

Hi Guys, I have been having this issues for days now. I have both PS4 and PS5 (free PSN plus version of the game) same issue however i have read this thread (thanks to those who posted) and can confirm swtiching to offline mode has worked for me. Onto chapter 4 of my brutal playthrough without issue