AFK method for XP via macro

if you're like me, your time is too valuable to spend capping flags for 8-10h. People like us would rather effortlessly leave our console on for a couple days; even if it's unhealthy for the consoles, who cares? Time is money, and those 8-10h we save is worth several new consoles ^_^

Requirements

• 2p (solo doesn't award XP)
  • macro capability

Setup

• Mode: Siege
  • Map: Gauntlet
  • Time: 1 min

1. Loop a macro that presses Start (starts match), and then Circle a few seconds later (to return to lobby after match)

FIN

You'll get 115xp per cycle, which takes just under 3 mins (incl. loading) =   ~38/min  =  ~2,300/hour

:popcorn:

Edited by Trope Hore
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, melodicmizery said:

prob should explain more about wtf a macro is lol

If you're trying to do any automated AFK trophy hunting, you should be familiar with macros already.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, melodicmizery said:

i have no clue, care to share or is it top secret?

It's an easy Google search away. You can either buy a programmable controller which allows macros(buttons pressing automatically by programming them, that's basically what macros are, programmable buttons for a console at least) or you can remote play on your PC and find a macro editor and there are plenty of guides on YouTube on how to make your own on pc. It basically presses buttons on the controller for you as well and you can just leave it running. I perfer the remote play method so I can watch tv and keep an eye on things with my laptop. I use it quite a bit with online games. 

2 minutes ago, Helyx said:

So much for top secret.

Hey, I explained it :P

The google search is going to help with programming stuff.  You will need external programs or that controller I mentioned. But I think the controller is like 90$.

20 minutes ago, RoxasOnFire said:

(buttons pressing automatically by programming them, that's basically what macros are, programmable buttons for a console at least)

Edited by RoxasOnFire

i've made a crucial discovery, and have updated the OP

turns out there are hidden objectives that also contribute to XP. Long story short, the new best map is Gauntlet because it has 7 instead of 5 objectives

Previously, you'd get 85xp per cycle, which takes just under 3 mins =   ~28/min  =  ~1,700/hour

Now, you'll get 115xp per cycle, which takes just under 3 mins (incl. loading) =   ~38/min  =  ~2,300/hour

Edited by Trope Hore
  • Like 2

• 3 years later...
On 3/1/2020 at 4:33 PM, hore said:

Loop a macro that presses Start (starts match), and then Circle a few seconds later (to return to lobby after match)

I take it this is only for ps4? Not the ps3. Unless you can remote play a ps premium streamed game, which as far as I know it's not possible.

27 minutes ago, tony_snake_24 said:

I take it this is only for ps4? Not the ps3. Unless you can remote play a ps premium streamed game, which as far as I know it's not possible.

There are adapters like Cronus (which I used) that you can use to record macros (and write scripts)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 9/29/2023 at 1:28 PM, xJnoOoN said:

can you share us with the script file please

It wasn't a script, just a simple MAX Rec macro I recorded of the inputs I mentioned in the OP.

A GPC script equivalent would look something like this:

main {
  set_val(2, 100);
  wait(200);
  set_val(2, 0);

wait(4000);

set_val(18, 100);
  wait(200);
  set_val(18, 0);
}