This is a genuinely decent game

Holy shit that took forever to read.

A really thorough review.

I would have to agree and disagree with you.

As it had a AAA price tag then I expected a AAA game but it was far from it. 

Like you said the price was to high. If it was a third of the price then I wouldn't have whinged about it and accepted it's flaws.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, reiner- said:

Holy shit that took forever to read.

A really thorough review.

I would have to agree and disagree with you.

As it had a AAA price tag then I expected a AAA game but it was far from it. 

Like you said the price was to high. If it was a third of the price then I wouldn't have whinged about it and accepted it's flaws.

Oh boi trust me, that's my quickie take, thorough would be a good 20 times that. Well not 20, but at least a good 2 or 3 times. 

But yeah. I think the price is the biggest problem for me. If this was a digital only game and dropped at 30/40 odd bucks (ie 25 or so USD) when Dark Fate came out, I'd have been all over it. Even as it was, it was 100 digital and I had no interest, I thought it was digital only and I was content to wait on a sale, but then I bought it on disc the second I found out about the physical release, because I figured if it was as shit as people said, I could at least return it.

Well, I'm still going to return it, because $100 is too much and the Christmas gift return thing ends in a few days, but had the game been a decent price, I'd have proudly kept it in my stack. 100 bucks for any game is too damn much, but it's especially too much for a single player game of 10 hours or so that has no real replay value and nothing after the credits.

• Like 2

Longtime Terminator fan here too (actually even wearing a skynet shirt while writing these lines). Was always hoping for a game to the series that keeps it's legacy's worth. One day in the nearby future, when the price has dropped down to 20 bucks, I'll be there. Liked your review. So long. No fate. 

• Like 1

Some review

On 04/01/2020 at 3:10 AM, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

I can’t be fucked doing a full on review of it right now, maybe I’ll ramble later,

LMAO! You sure did ????

I started this last night and being a fan of Terminator (mainly 1 & 2) I was expecting this game (not by much) to be decent. Salvation was shite imo and that’s the last one I played.

Erm, for me honestly, it’s not great based on my first 1-2hrs I played. It should be better, because well imo it’s Terminator and i’m pretty sure one day hopefully we get a really good one, but Salvation from years back was baaaaad (this is better though)! It is a low budget game, so yeh it’s to be expected, despite me expecting more lol.

It reminds me a little of last years Metro Exodus, just not as good (mainly the derelict environments and dialogue). The texturing and graphic dropouts are that of a PS3 game which are noticeable and at times I just laugh at. You can do side missions, upgrade your character, craft weapons etc so you could prolong the game (if you really want to) but the guns are pretty op which makes the crafting etc a little pointless and you can just brute force through everything.

Fortunately I borrowed it off a mate for 1). An easy platinum.png and 2). I genuinely wanted to try it out as I just fancied some mindless cyborg killing.

I wouldn’t pay over £40 which is it’s retail price in the shops over here (UK) and I think it’s even more on the store and they charge you like a wounded rhino. If you have a receipt for this game, don’t lose it! rofl.gif

14 minutes ago, Solercide said:

Thanks for the review i will be buying it now, last Terminator game i played was 3 on the PS2 and that was a ton of fun.

Anybody in the UK here Argos have it for £27.99

That’s still expensive imo. £15 or less would be a better price for people to hope for.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/25/2020 at 2:36 PM, Nightstream88 said:

Thought about getting it sometime, but Physical copies seem to be pretty expensive for some reason and game is only a month old may have to go digital with this one if I do get it.
Still looks like it would be better than terminator salvation easily at least.

It’s better than salvation sure, but even at the recent price drop to 40 bucks digital, it still feels too expensive. I’m playing it because I like the franchise, but as a game, if you don’t love terminator, I wouldn’t pay more than 20-30 dollars at most

10 minutes ago, Warmachine0341 said:

It’s better than salvation sure, but even at the recent price drop to 40 bucks digital, it still feels too expensive. I’m playing it because I like the franchise, but as a game, if you don’t love terminator, I wouldn’t pay more than 20-30 dollars at most

Yep. I’m holding off for a bigger price drop as well. 

• Like 1

I can only confirm that this game is actually decent, it's one of these "middle-shelf-games" Jim Sterling sometimes talks about. 

My advice would be to rent it from a video / game store for one day or get it when on sale. 

For many people there's no replay value, but the game sure enough entertains you sufficiently to finish it in one long session. 

I guess different strokes for every folks but this game is absolute garbage and deserves to be found in a bargain bin. I don't know if the OP has played any games on the PS4 if he thinks these graphics are outstanding, they look like they were ripped straight from the PS2 or early PS3 days. 

Moreover, the game itself is boring as shit. I stopped doing side quests because all they were was a bunch of fetch quests like Getting the kids chalk to medical supplies left in a city. It's very very repetitive and uninspired. The levels are bland and there isn't a lot to do in each level. There a a few side objectives (see previous point) and then what? Locked doors? Hackable lasers? A bunch of terminators to kill? Struggling to see all the things to do in the levels. And put your cons on top of that, it's just crappy.

But hey, at least it only crashed on me twice.

Wait for a sale guys, not worth it right now.

• Like 1