This is a genuinely decent game

• 5 weeks later...

This game had two AMAZING moments, for a Terminator fan. The 1st time when you start it up, the theme starts playing, the sound of the menus... Honestly, I've listened to the theme looping 5 times before I've started playing. And the last mission, which really makes you feel like you're in a terminator movie. Artistically speaking I mean. Easter eggs and fun little touches are great, like that one scene with Connor looking through the binoculars left and right, which reminds you of that one moment in T2 when you saw John's scarred face, methodically, for a lack of a better word, looking over the battlefield. But the game as a game... Yeah, not that great. Pretty boring actually. Just a basic shooter with an obviously small budget. 

The atmosphere at times though, like in the last mission... I kinda want to see a fully open world survival game set in that reality. With a bigger budget, bigger studio, a voice acting that isn't so incredibly forced, and more than 10 polygons on the dog's chest, you know. Really, look at the dog at the entrance to the base in later parts of the game ?Anyway, I'm sick of open worlds actually but in this case it fits. Give me Days Gone in this universe and I'm sold. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 22/04/2021 at 0:53 AM, the1andonly654 said:

This game had two AMAZING moments, for a Terminator fan. The 1st time when you start it up, the theme starts playing, the sound of the menus... Honestly, I've listened to the theme looping 5 times before I've started playing. And the last mission, which really makes you feel like you're in a terminator movie. Artistically speaking I mean. Easter eggs and fun little touches are great, like that one scene with Connor looking through the binoculars left and right, which reminds you of that one moment in T2 when you saw John's scarred face, methodically, for a lack of a better word, looking over the battlefield. But the game as a game... Yeah, not that great. Pretty boring actually. Just a basic shooter with an obviously small budget. 

The atmosphere at times though, like in the last mission... I kinda want to see a fully open world survival game set in that reality. With a bigger budget, bigger studio, a voice acting that isn't so incredibly forced, and more than 10 polygons on the dog's chest, you know. Really, look at the dog at the entrance to the base in later parts of the game ?Anyway, I'm sick of open worlds actually but in this case it fits. Give me Days Gone in this universe and I'm sold. 

Couldn't agree more. After jumping back in and finishing the game the other night. The last mission left me wanting more.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

It's a really fun game especially if you are a fan of the Terminator movies.

In my opinion the PS5 version is better. You have the infiltrator mode which is a great add-on and they released a DLC expansion pack for it too which is fantastic.

If you enjoy FPS games or the Terminator lore then definitely play it.