How To Recover My PSN Account

Gemini-Genesis

So I haven't logged into my PSN account in over a year and I can't seem to remember the email for my PSN account. My PSN ID is Gemini-Genesis. I contacted PSN customer service and they require me to provide the original console serial number and credit card number used by my account. The problem is that I don't have access to the original console serial number, and neither do I have access to the credit card number used by my account. Is there another way to recover my account without knowing these details? Thank You.

• Like 1

Do you have a system that is currently logged into the account?

Your best bet is to give playstation support everything you know - games purchased, address on the account, password, systems the account was accessed on, etc. - and hope that's enough for them to assist you. 

32 minutes ago, Gemini-Genesis said:

So I haven't logged into my PSN account in over a year and I can't seem to remember the email for my PSN account. My PSN ID is Gemini-Genesis. I contacted PSN customer service and they require me to provide the original console serial number and credit card number used by my account. The problem is that I don't have access to the original console serial number, and neither do I have access to the credit card number used by my account. Is there another way to recover my account without knowing these details? Thank You.

They shouldn't require your cc number, as that'd be a breach of privacy and security... Like the other user said, try telling them what games you had bought, the birthdate and city details on the account

There are other infos they will use to recover your account but that is up to you and support to discuss. Give them a call is best. Good luck.

It says you were requested to be removed from the site so I can't check your games. But do you know if you had any third party services connected to it. Like twitch, epic games, ubisoft club, EA, or the like. If you did and if you can remember the email used for those sites you might be able to see it in the connected account pages of the services.

• Like 1

If its only the email you cant remember can you try all the email addresses you have used in the past? I would assume you wouldn't have that many possible email addresses. Unless you used a made up one?

https://id.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/id/reset_password/?request_locale=en_GB#/reset_password/change?entry=%2Freset_password

If you also dont know the password can try use that. One of your email addresses is bound to work. Hopefully you still have access to whichever email account was used.

If not last case is to do as above posters have said and sort it out over phone. Dont waste your time contacting them via email.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Gibbo_0113 said:

Dont waste your time contacting them via email.

I did once, not recovering PSN account, I'd say that is a waste of time, but for a refund. I got it. :P Game had broken trophies. I had even downloaded it to my PS4, but I deleted it once I saw a trophy was unobtainable. Cost like 3USD or something. Girl who replied to me seemed to be Norwegian, so might be they're not as busy here.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1