I'm throwing in the towel....

AJ_Radio

40 minutes ago, Spaz said:

This collection is way too fucking hard to 100 percent....

Mad fucking respect for all the hardcore talented gamers out there who managed to 100 percent Capcom Arcade Cabinet....

Being only 4 trophies short is pretty much past the hardcore threshold here. Things don't always have to be absolute.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Swithop said:

Being only 4 trophies short is pretty much past the hardcore threshold here. Things don't always have to be absolute.

Out of only 85 thousand game owners (accounts) that have this game tracked on this website, only 115 of those have done all the trophies for Capcom Arcade Cabinet.

That pretty much speaks for itself.

14 minutes ago, panikooooos said:

Don't fully give up, just take a break, I do this with Pain, take year long breaks then come back to it. 

I spent over eight hours on Gunsmoke tonight, if you quit out you have to start over from the very beginning. Anybody who has played this game knows how brutally difficult it is.

It is completely unfair on top of bullshit mechanics, and it's an extremely old game from the 1980s. Absolutely brutal.

• Like 4

Dude, almost ten years ago Trash Panic, a fun game but with awful trophies, it made me rage but then I decided that I just didn't need 100% trophy lists in my life.

Massive respect to you for getting just that many trophies. Just do what I do and give yourself some realistic goals.

Mine are to try and get

- over 90% trophies per game

- over 90% completion rate overall

- keep unearned trophies below 500

Seriously give yourself some better goals in my life, you'll feel much better.

Put it like this, if you got 100% what have you achieved? You'll likely brag about it on here for a few posts and then play something else. I've sometimes got 100% on a very tough game to only forget about it practically next day, once the challenge is gone, in a way so has the achievement.

Also have you looked at the elephant in the room?

Arcade Legend
Clear a game without using any Continues.

Which game are you going to complete without using a continue?! :)

That might be the trophy that keeps you from 100%

Play something else, and have fun in life. You only live once.

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, BB-BakkerJ said:

You make one of these threads for every game you struggle with 1f602.png. You’ll do it eventually.

yeah, deja vu for sure based on all of the Super Meat Boy posts.  Comes across as a cry for attention.  I am sure he will get it at some point!

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Spaz said:

...and I got it.

One of the hardest things I ever had to do in a video game in nearly 30 years of gaming. Hardest achievement I have gotten.

It's the Gunsmoke trophy. Haven't done Commando or Son Son yet.

Hardest part done. Good luck with son son.

14 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Any tips can help...

Try to build up your extra lives as much as possible of course in the early stages especially.

When you get to the areas where the game stops and guys are shooting you try to avoid damage at all costs. You don't need to kill them all and the game will proceed after a certain amount of time, so don't get too reckless trying to kill them all. 

Other than that there's not much more I can think of. It's not easy, and gets quite tense near the end. Thankfully the last two sections or so have hardly any enemies, so really once you get down to about 5 you are nearly done.

• Like 2

• 10 months later...

I did it... but at what cost? my ps3 was on for 3 days straight because of the gunsmoke. that game made me rethink what I'm doing with my life, caused me stress that I had never suffered with any other game, and wonder why I worked so hard for an simple videogame achievement. absolute madman

5 hours ago, DreadNic said:

I did it... but at what cost? my ps3 was on for 3 days straight because of the gunsmoke. that game made me rethink what I'm doing with my life, caused me stress that I had never suffered with any other game, and wonder why I worked so hard for an simple videogame achievement. absolute madman

You could be doing much worse things.

13 hours ago, DreadNic said:

It took me 10 hours straight to get the gold trophy in Gunsmoke.

I only have Commando and Son Son left for 100 percent, but I haven't had the energy and courage to go after them.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Spaz said:

It took me 10 hours straight to get the gold trophy in Gunsmoke.

I only have Commando and Son Son left for 100 percent, but I haven't had the energy and courage to go after them.

sonson and commando i did several times. I did it for myself and on a friend's account as a favor lol. if you beat gunsmoke, you can get those too. in fact 10 hours is a very good time, you were lucky, I would say. what strategy did you use for the wingate family?

13 hours ago, DreadNic said:

sonson and commando i did several times. I did it for myself and on a friend's account as a favor lol. if you beat gunsmoke, you can get those too. in fact 10 hours is a very good time, you were lucky, I would say. what strategy did you use for the wingate family?

That's good news then. Having no continues is what kills me, I got to the last level (8th level) in Commando before I lost all my lives and decided to put it on hiatus. Son Son has bad input delay, but people told me it's easier.

I basically stuck to the bottom right corner where the water is, I tried the upper left corner but I always got shot by a lone bullet. This video is probably the best way to defeat the Wingate Family, for anyone stuck on this, this might help:

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 1

On 13/11/2020 at 1:57 AM, Spaz said:

That's good news then. Having no continues is what kills me, I got to the last level (8th level) in Commando before I lost all my lives and decided to put it on hiatus. Son Son has bad input delay, but people told me it's easier.

I basically stuck to the bottom right corner where the water is, I tried the upper left corner but I always got shot by a lone bullet. This video is probably the best way to defeat the Wingate Family, for anyone stuck on this, this might help:

Didn’t I send you this ?