Paarthurnax

Burgins

I played Skyrim just a month ago and willingly killed Paarthurnax. I never really listened to what all the NPCs say, but this playthrough I did listen.

Spoiler

What Odahviing says after the ending on top of the mountain made me kill Paarthurnax.

"But I doubt many will wish to exchange Alduin's lordship for the tyranny of Paarthurnax's "Way of the Voice". "

Doesn't sound like a good thing to me, more like a second, different version af Alduin, so I killed him. The Blades just benefit from it, that's all. :D

Edited by neko-chan251191
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, neko-chan251191 said:

Hide contents

What Odahviing says after the ending on top of the mountain made me kill Paarthurnax.

"But I doubt many will wish to exchange Alduin's lordship for the tyranny of Paarthurnax's "Way of the Voice". "

Way of the Voice is just like the peaceful voice stuff that the Greybeards believe in

I used to like the Blades in Oblivion. After Skyrim, there just a bunch of ***holes with a cool armor. 

On 5/1/2020 at 1:44 PM, Copanele said:

This question is at the same level of  "Imperials vs Stormcloaks" xD 

And about that.... Skyrim belongs to the Nords!!!! ! ;) hahaha

• Like 2

Not promoting anything here, but thats the beauty of mods, you can opt to finish the silly blades questilne without killing him by pulling im teh DRAGONBORNE you idiots, lol.

There is also a mod for becoming a thane without joining the stormcloaks, earning you their house (forgot their city's name). 

However, even without mods, i never killed him, the blades can go eff their selves, for all i care!.

I always let him live, he chose to help instead of setting you on fire.

3 minutes ago, Dark Prince said:

If you want to complete that quest you must kill him. But if you don’t care about your quest log being clean, you can just choose to never complete it.

On pc there is a mod The Paarthurnax Dilemma it lets you chose how to complete it. Kill Paarthurnax or spare him and confront the Blades with the fact they serve you.

1 hour ago, PoohBearQuixote said:

And about that.... Skyrim belongs to the Nords!!!! ! ;) hahaha

Hot damn would we argue in another topic xDxDxDxD check the "Spoiler" section for more goodies.

Spoiler

There's 2 instances of this:

slgrnrkieic11.jpg

and the reverse

5equje4x14uz.png

8 minutes ago, ferginator88 said:

Can you spare him while still getting all the trophies required for Platinum?

Yes. Paarthurnax is linked to an optional quest that doesn't influence the platinum.

Edited by Copanele
  • Like 2

Just now, Copanele said:

Hot damn would we argue in another topic xDxDxDxD check the "Spoiler" section for more goodies.

Reveal hidden contents

There's 2 instances of this:

slgrnrkieic11.jpg

and the reverse

5equje4x14uz.png

Yes. Paarthurnax is linked to an optional quest that doesn't influence the platinum.

Oh good. I was worried I would have to sacrifice him for a Trophy...