RUMOR PS5 Backwards Compatible Back to PS1?

ExHaseo

On 1/20/2020 at 9:31 PM, UltraFire121 said:

Oh yes. I can tell PS5 will have all previous consoles compatible in it.

On 1/21/2020 at 3:00 PM, UltraFire121 said:

This is a hint. But I can't tell you that just yet.

Well damn...I'm totally convinced. 

I hope it is BC with all PS games. I might sound like an entitled dick, but it seems a pretty small thing to do which would please immensely a (pretty small) part of the fanbase. And as a part of that fanbase, I would be pleased immensely.

Being BC with PS4, however, is probably enough to get me on board early on, and possible day 1. God - I haven't bought a console on day one since the SNES.

Edited by starcrunch061

36 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

it seems a pretty small thing to do

It does seem pretty small. And with PS1/PS2 it actually is. But PS3 (Cell) backward compatibility is anything but pretty small. If they somehow manage to do it, it's going to be an incredible breakthrough in computing that will be mind-boggling to those who understand the complexities. 

1 minute ago, DaivRules said:

It does seem pretty small. And with PS1/PS2 it actually is. But PS3 (Cell) backward compatibility is anything but pretty small. If they somehow manage to do it, it's going to be an incredible breakthrough in computing that will be mind-boggling to those who understand the complexities. 

Yeah. I'm no computer expert, but I've always heard that the PS3 was an oddball in regards to the difficulty of software development. 

4 hours ago, DaivRules said:

Well, but Sony brought up a patent that was about bringing trophies to older games.

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2013/03/sonys_latest_patent_could_bring_trophies_to_older_games

So, there is hope. :)

• Like 1