Lord of Murder Trophy

thekingsman123

I've completed all other achievements by following Skroq's BG1 guide. I even used a similar character build (half orc barbarian with two weapon wield) and then imported him 6x times in to my LOB playthrough.

Problem is, I'm getting completed smashed at the final battle as Sarevok's mages are ripping me apart. I noticed I can't retreat outside as well. I've managed to kill off Tazok but the 2 mages are driving me insane. I can't isolate them, even after using arrows of dispelling on their defences.

To get this trophy, is it better to just raise up an entire custom party in an easy playthrough and then import in to a LOB game? How did you guys get this trophy?

Edited by thekingsman123

I had the same problem with my fighter imported 6x times but i reloaded an earlier save and recruited 2 mages Edwin and Baeloth to summon creatures for me using wands or spells which helped me alot with the fight.

You can also cheese the fight by putting 5 people right at the entrance then use invisiblity spell on your mage along with haste and move him up and use a fireball or summon creatures from a distance and then quickly select whole team and retreat outside save/sleep rinse and repeat.

Edited by Game_Knot
  • Like 1

I got this one done as a pure fighter., using a pretty cheesy method.

There are 2 items you'll want in your inventroy at the end of your first run, invisibility ring (found in shop in Urgoth's Beard as I recall), and Kiel's Goblet (6 uses, fully heals the drinkers, makes them fail morale at the slightest bit of trouble, Kiel's Helmet counter acts this, both are found in Durlag's Tower). Use the goblet spareingly throughout the run, ou'll need a lot of uses of it (you'll have 36 uses in total)

You aren't actually going to fight Sarevok, so nothing else is really needed, although a necklace of Fireballs, or one of the potions that does similar is helpful to trigger the fight.

Make everyone go invisible at the start, move 1 character up, chuck a fireball at Sarevok, then go invisible again as soon as possible. 

There's a permenant trap on the skull symbol in the middle of the room, lure Sarevok near this, Keep walking back and forth over the trap, healing as needed with the goblet. 

The damage from the trap will eventually kill Sarevok.

One of the wizards will sometimes follow you down as well, I did the same process to get rid of them as well.

Not the prettiest of methods, but it works.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Game_Knot said:

I had the same problem with my fighter imported 6x times but i reloaded an earlier save and recruited 2 mages Edwin and Baeloth to summon creatures for me using wands or spells which helped me alot with the fight.

You can also cheese the fight by putting 5 people right at the entrance then use invisiblity spell on your mage along with haste and move him up and use a fireball or summon creatures from a distance and then quickly select whole team and retreat outside save/sleep rinse and repeat.

I tried the second strategy but it wasn't working out as Sarevok was resisting most of the damage.

However, what happened with me was that I got both Edwin and Baeloth and cast a stinking cloud, web and used 2x wands of monster summoning. From there, Angelo and Semaj went nuts and I think of one them confused the other because they all started attacking each other. Even Tazok got involved and I just sat there quietly at the bottom of the screen, viewing my log until it said that both mages died. From there, I left, saved, rested and reentered. I then isolated Tazok with web and summons and picked him off from a distance. Then I left and finished off Sarevok the same way.

Thanks for your help.  

Edited by thekingsman123
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Another strategy for those having trouble:

I was able to defeat Sarevok without fighting his henchmen. 

I did skroq's six barbarian strategy with all the recommended gear.  I could only get Semaj to injured status.  I rushed Sarevok with all six out of frustration on one attempt and almost killed him.  My main character died before I could land the killing blow.  Sarevok probably had less than 10% health.    

On my next attempt, I had everyone drink an invisibility potion before entering the temple.  I put my main character in the bottom left of the temple.  I had the five other barbarians rush Sarevok after the dialogue.  I had the five barbarians activate barbarian rage when Semaj appeared and dispelled.  I followed with invulnerability potions then magic blocking potions.  I spammed Sarevok until dead.

In hindsight, it probably would have been better to do the magic blocking potions first or second.   

Edited by aln15

• 2 months later...
On 01/04/2020 at 1:04 AM, weggelopen said:

i'm having trouble getting lover's redemtion i'm doing exact the things you say in your guide and still tamoko attacks me i dont know what to do

Wrong thread but from Skroq's guide, you probably didn't meet her in front of the Flaming Fist HQ? Or agree to kill Cythandria?

• 3 months later...

I tried to run into the final battle with a full team of fighter berserkers. I took the time to set up the perfect character. I had most of Drizzt's gear. Set up max HP per level. Bought all the best scrolls, potions, etc. Even took the time to get my hands on the best helm and cloak (Balduran). I then imported the same character 6 times into the game starting a new run at max difficulty. I even took the time to max all my stats to 25. I figured this would be a huge help in the final boss fight. When I got there and ran into the room for the fight. I had my ass handed to me. I tried several times and no matter what I did, I still lost. It was not even close. I would be dead and the boss would be barely hurt.

10 hours ago, StressEater said:

I tried to run into the final battle with a full team of fighter berserkers. I took the time to set up the perfect character. I had most of Drizzt's gear. Set up max HP per level. Bought all the best scrolls, potions, etc. Even took the time to get my hands on the best helm and cloak (Balduran). I then imported the same character 6 times into the game starting a new run at max difficulty. I even took the time to max all my stats to 25. I figured this would be a huge help in the final boss fight. When I got there and ran into the room for the fight. I had my ass handed to me. I tried several times and no matter what I did, I still lost. It was not even close. I would be dead and the boss would be barely hurt.

You're gonna need to recruit 2 mages and then let loose with a Greater Malison + Chaos combo to confuse one (or more) of Sarevok's henchmen so that they start attacking each other.

Also have some monster summoning wands and spells to spam out as Sarevok will still be a bitch to take down even when he's isolated.

25 minutes ago, thekingsman123 said:

You're gonna need to recruit 2 mages and then let loose with a Greater Malison + Chaos combo to confuse one (or more) of Sarevok's henchmen so that they start attacking each other.

Also have some monster summoning wands and spells to spam out as Sarevok will still be a bitch to take down even when he's isolated.

I ended up ditching one of my characters and picked up a mage. I had the whole party except my main stand to the left of the room. All the fighters kept shooting bows. One with dispelling arrows, another with biting arrows, and the last two had acid and frost I believe. I then had the caster sit there and spam monster summoning with a bunch of wands. I took my main and used one of those protection from magic scrolls to try and keep the agro to avoid anyone from attacking the group. I barely made it through it. But, its done. I just need to do it again for the BG2: EE ?

8 hours ago, StressEater said:

I just need to do it again for the BG2: EE 1f631.png

BG2:EE will be straight forward. It's literally Summon Planetar, open doors for him and let him go to work.

Even against the final boss, so long as you have more than one person with that spell and you stay far away at one end of the battleground, your planetar will once again do all the work. 

IWD:EE is the real bitch to platinum.

Edited by thekingsman123

2 hours ago, thekingsman123 said:

BG2:EE will be straight forward. It's literally Summon Planetar, open doors for him and let him go to work.

Even against the final boss, so long as you have more than one person with that spell and you stay far away at one end of the battleground, your planetar will once again do all the work. 

IWD:EE is the real bitch to platinum.

Thank you for the information. I can't wait to get to BG2 after SoD. I am thinking about doing IWD after it is all done. But we will see. 

• 1 month later...

Another tactic:

The guy speedruns the entire game as a level 1 Shadowdancer in about an hour.  Basically, never fights anyone, hides in shadows for pretty much the entire game, defeats Mulahey, Davaeorn, Slythe, and Drasus (the enemy with the Cheetah boots) by charming them with Algernon's cloak and running them into enemies, uses Algernon's cloak and the Nymph cloak in Ducal Palace to charm NPCs to defeat the Dopplegangers (which seems to be the trickiest part), and then kills Sarevok at the end with the trap in the center of the room.  It's what I'm going to try to do now that I finished the regular game.  Seems to be on PC but hopefully it can be adapted without too much hassle.  

Edited by Cherrywood

Doppleganger fight was definitely the trickiest part; couldn't get it to work like it does for him.  What I did was I charmed Jiia and put her on the stairs like he did, protect her with stoneskin and invulnerability spells, charmed every Flaming Fist in there before the fight, and then focused attacks for all of them and spells from Jiia on the dopplegangers attacking Belt one at a time while charming, I think, one downstairs, one upstairs, and then one downstairs again; got one at the beginning, and then focused on keeping Jiia safe and then Belt..  Trickiest part was keeping Jiia and Belt from turning hostile...which they will if the charmed dopplegangers attack them....which they will if you don't give them a new target the "instant" you charm them.  When I finally did it, I had 3 charmed dopplegangers by the end, saved and killed them one by one, talked to Belt and then fought Sarevok with everyone..  Took a long, long time but I finally got it.  Keep an eye on your character indicator to see when your turn trying to charm someone is done, seemed to be about a 20 or so percent success rate.  The fight with Sarevok was a little tricky but I finally got it, was buffed just like he was and the trap in the center of the room is really the way to go, just make sure you're invisible once he gets down there with you, wasn't incredibly clear from the video what he was doing.  On the fight, with the controller the best way to do it is to just constantly pause the instant you go over the trap, select the other spot, unpause and then pause, and just repeat until he's dead.

The rest of the game though, it goes about as quickly as it does for him, which was amazing after playing through it on my normal playthrough and playing it years ago, lol.

Also, if you're not married to the idea of having done the whole thing solo, in retrospect it would have been easier to take Imoen with me at the beginning, run over to Durlag's tower to buy a thief potion, or wherever you can pick one up, boost her pickpocket to get Algernon's Cloak, and then gone on alone from there.  The extra points to pour into hide in shadows would have been useful. 

Edited by Cherrywood

• 2 years later...

I also needed some other aproach for doppelgangers.

I went back to Nashkel and recruited Edwin, both a summoning monster wand and gave him the invisibility potion. Then I charmed Jiia, put her on top of the stairs, summoned a few batches of monsters with Edwin, used invisibility potion on him and blocked part of the way to Jiia. Then my main character talked to Belt, drank invisibility potion and fully blocked the path to Jiia. Three doppelgangers tried to get to her but because the path was blocked they were standing under the stairs. I was lucky enough that Belt, my summons and Flaming Fist managed to deal with other three doppelngangers with relative ease. Then they all wanted to kill others. It took some time, and I had to stop Jiia from getting to the fight with her dagger like a ten or so times, but in the end I won in the first try. After like 6 hours of trying to do it the way it was shown in the video.

The rest of the game was easy. Done the same way as in the video. A lot of reloads though. 

So don't give up guys. Hope this would help somebody.