Games That Made You Rage Quit

Nope. I think the God of War challenges was one of the only ones that made me rant like a child as I failed for the billionth time. But the frustration would be worse if I gave up, so I just took a small break and came back and it was incredibly easier. Then I felt silly for my past behavior.

I have before, but once I remembered that earning trophies wasn't a competition but rather something I do for fun then it was business as usual. The only trophy that really made me rage was the first batman game's combat challenges. But failing over and over made me evolve my combat strategy making me the 100% pure ass kicking machine that the games controls allow you to be. The other trophy, not hard by any means but rather nerve racking. Was Dead Space 2's Hardcore trophy, luckily I played the gave enough I knew the spawn points and when I did die I knew it was my fault and knew better next time.

• Like 1

^That's my main enjoyment of trophies. It forces me to learn to play in other ways I wouldn't have tried and develop better strategies. Getting the Catherine platinum made my mind work so fast during those tower of Babel modes. Plus I had to learn to teach my partner to see what I saw and move at the right pace, etc. A very fun team building trophy.

I have, as recent as last week. I got pissed of at a trophy and deleted the game from my ps3 :P A few months ago I wouldn't have done that, I've kinda been starting to stray away from trophy hunting lately, hence the fact that I haven't been hanging out here as much lately.

Only 1...

Supplier from Dragon Age II. I've simply spent too much time with that game to go through it again for one trophy. I shot for it specifically for two run-throughs in a row, and I just can't bring myself to do it again until I just want to play the game for fun again, but even then the path you must take through all the permutations is so specific, I doubt I could really enjoy it, constantly having to worry about if my decisions are shorting my something somewhere over the three years in Kirkwall. It's a shame, really, as it's the only one I lack for the plat.

33L3361d7.png

Edited by siuilarun

• 3 weeks later...

I didn't really rage quit because of the trophies, but the last two trophies I need in Final Fantasy 13 are unlikely to happen any time soon. I still need the one for holding every item, and killing a long-gui. The reason I am not going back, is I lost my save file when my PS3 got the YLOD. I would have to grind through the whole story, back up to max level, and then farm for items all over again. So I guess you could say I rage quit, but that was because of my PS3, not the game.

I didn't really rage quit because of the trophies, but the last two trophies I need in Final Fantasy 13 are unlikely to happen any time soon. I still need the one for holding every item, and killing a long-gui. The reason I am not going back, is I lost my save file when my PS3 got the YLOD. I would have to grind through the whole story, back up to max level, and then farm for items all over again. So I guess you could say I rage quit, but that was because of my PS3, not the game.

Its a shame you lost your save file cause i know of an easy way to take out Long Gui. as for Treasure Hunter... i had to restart the game from scratch to do that one but it worked out for the best as i took some time out to build a spreadsheet with all items and calculations for upgrade and then everytime i had 3 tp i just took out an Adamantourtoise to get the Trapanzium or Gold Ingot. that made the 3rd tire weapons and the money to build them alot eaiser. i would surgest doing it this way to anyone wanting this plat.

I myself have never turned off my comp and left a game i was trying to plat but i have come close to breaking my controler on a few. Batman AA Shock & Awe Extreme and Rayman Origins Nitro! to name a couple.

Nope. I play games for fun and very rarely go out of my way for trophies so I've never "raged" from trophies.

Parker

That sums it up for me as well.

IMHO, if you are rage quitting because of a trophy, you have lost the enjoyment of gaming for the sake of a trophy.