Can I Get Flagged For This? (PS3 Freezing As Trophies Auto-Pop)

Dry

Please take a good look at my trophy timestamps for MotorStorm RC (PS3 version) in addition to reading this topic!

Recently I unlocked all trophies for the Vita release of MotorStorm RC. I then decided to go onto the PS3 version to auto-pop the trophies for a second stack. I started the game, playing through the beginning tutorial for the second time as trophies were unlocking one after the other (save file syncing with the server), but then my PS3 freezes during the first event (the one you're forced to play through as a part of the tutorial. I started the game again afterwards knowing the first five of my trophies' timestamps won't be close with the rest, but as I load up the game it takes me back to the event (game saves tutorial progression) and more trophies unlocked, but the game skipped a few trophies (this got me worried about the legitimacy of my timestamps as the trophies are suppose to auto-pop from up-down XMB order).

After taking a 3-4 hour break for me to sort myself out, I started the game again after having deleted the game's two save files from my console. The game loads, syncs Vita cloud save just fine, unlocking all those trophies I was missing (all are bronze and silver) followed by the platinum trophy.

Is my situation something to be concerned about?

I'm personally against the idea of hiding trophies as it will completely change the way I look at my profile should I hide specific games from my collection. PSNProfiles adjusts profiles based on hidden trophies, something that PlayStation doesn't do when viewing profiles on their platforms. No one else can see the games I've hidden but I still can (unless Sony can come up with a system for deleting trophies) and that's is all that matters, but if this is what I'm going to do to get back on to the leaderboards (strike one) should I be removed then so be it.

Edited by Dry

• 4 years later...

I know that this thread is old, but want to chime in with my experience as this might help someone in the future.

I had my PS3 freeze up halfway through auto-popping the trophies when loading the game after completing the Vita version.

The music was playing but the game was unresponsive, after a minute or so I decided to attempt to force close the game and held the PS-button on my Dualshock controller, when the XMB appeared the rest of the trophies started popping. So if the game freezes, it might be worth a try to "agitate" the PS3 by bringing up the XMB.

• Like 1