Moxxi's Underdome DLC Question

Schmitt_Wylde

Hello!

I managed to complete the lesser challenge while doing that exploit to make the enemies easier. I used a second controller with a low level character to be the host, and used my main character to actually play the game. IDK if it makes any difference, but since it's the PS3, both characters were "signed up" with the same account (mine), but my Character had my PSN ID and the other character, the User's ID

Anyway

Completing 300 waves is very boring and time comsuming. Even if my character can pretty much kill most enemies with little to no effort, is it possible to complete each arena in separate sessions? It would be the same two accounts doind the same thing, but divided in 3 separate times. Or do I have the chance for the trophies not pop or glitch on me?
I really don't want to spend 9 hours+ on this trophy for nothing! lol

thanks in advance!

1 hour ago, KANERKB said:

I think just getting to beat only the lesser ones is good enough I mean why waste your time on the boring dlc, it is only good for storing your gear.

Not even that, since it's the last trophies for my 100%, once I finish, I won't play again (on PS3, at least)
But it's a curse... I had given up on the game until last month and now, I got the platinum and I'm 4 trophies away from the 100%... I'm so close I feel I can't give up again now hahaha

But I do agree that this DLCs was indeed, a waste of time! Most boring DLC I've ever played!

17 minutes ago, Schmitt_Wylde said:

Not even that, since it's the last trophies for my 100%, once I finish, I won't play again (on PS3, at least)
But it's a curse... I had given up on the game until last month and now, I got the platinum and I'm 4 trophies away from the 100%... I'm so close I feel I can't give up again now hahaha

But I do agree that this DLCs was indeed, a waste of time! Most boring DLC I've ever played!

I gave up on it two times, I try once when I first had borderlands 1 then when I heard about 2 I went back to try it but gave up again and as for the remaster of 1 I just skipped it and called it a day. I mean it is not hard just boring and to me when a game or dlc becomes boring there is no point in doing it. it is how the old saying goes. bad you can make fun of and say it is bad, boring is worse as there is nothing you can say other than it is boring.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I don't mind the difficulty of this DLC, but the repetitiveness is a killer. It is sooo booring, and it will be the last thing for me to do. Good I have that bugged(?) two bilion shield, thanks to which I am invincible, so I can go through this pointless DLC without any problems. I really don't care if it's cheating. I like to complete things, and I like to be 100%, so I will use even this shield to be done with it.

Gearbox must understand, that their games aren't the only games in the world. I'm not gonna spend eternity for one game only.

Edited by DoluckyStar

I mean.... It wasn't thaaaaat bad.
But people need to keep in mind that it will take around 1-2 hours per arena, playing split screen to make things easier.

I did 1 arena per day so it took me 3 days (duh) and maybe that's the way to go... Good luck for those who decide to make all in one go. May God have mercy on your sanity!

You have to do each arena in 1 sitting, so 3 different sittings.HOWEVER, from what I heard about the PS3 version, it has a high chance of crashing around the 2ish hour mark, making you have to start over. I don't know if it's confirmed or not but this is in the PS4 version (happened to me twice) & I heard it was an unpatched bug from the PS3 version (Never played the Underdome DLC on PS3).

Good luck bro. I never want to even SEE this DLC again, let alone 100% it again. One of the worst DLCs I have played to date.

Edit: Just realized you already did it. Congrats!

Edited by ObsiEez
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, ObsiEez said:

You have to do each arena in 1 sitting, so 3 different sittings.HOWEVER, from what I heard about the PS3 version, it has a high chance of crashing around the 2ish hour mark, making you have to start over. I don't know if it's confirmed or not but this is in the PS4 version (happened to me twice) & I heard it was an unpatched bug from the PS3 version (Never played the Underdome DLC on PS3).

Good luck bro. I never want to even SEE this DLC again, let alone 100% it again. One of the worst DLCs I have played to date.

Never had any crashing problems on the PS3 but I've read many posts that it's the PS4 version that is prone to crashing doing these.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ObsiEez said:

The Underdome stability problem is a PS4 exclusive bug that doesn't exist on any other platform but what was inherited from the PS3 release, are the Big Tournament trophy glitch and some other minor annoyance. The Underdome is stable as a rock on the PS3 and I've never had it crash in the 4 or 5 times I've finished it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Martain2 said:

Never had any crashing problems on the PS3 but I've read many posts that it's the PS4 version that is prone to crashing doing these.

7 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

The Underdome is stable as a rock on the PS3 and I've never had it crash in the 4 or 5 times I've finished it.

Ok good to know, I heard that it was an unpatched thing from the PS3, guess I heard wrong. Not exactly sure how they could have messed it up then if the older version runs more stable than the updated version & then just never fix it

• 1 year later...
5 hours ago, ViralSyN said:

Dumb question. In order to do split screen with lower level character as host, do you need to create a separate profile on your ps4 and then level that character or can you just do it with a guest account?

You need to create another user account, else all of the other account's progress will be wiped and you'll have to start over from scratch every time.

• Like 1