readyplayer793

These Chalice Dungeons are kicking my ass!

17 posts in this topic

I'm not one to complain about game difficulty really, but I gotta vent about these dungeons!

They are so hard!

I breezed through most of the game and went into the dungeons half cocked, thinking they would just be like the rest of the game but clearly my own arrogance got the better of me.

Currently on Ailing Loran Chalice (4th dungeon - following the guide about which ones to make) and the Abhorrent Beast has beaten me 4 times. Took a break from it yesterday to play another game and calm myself down but HOLY HELL!

I can only imagine what comes next. Doubt I'll ever get to the Queen.

Rant over lol

I'd recommend looking for a partner if you're into that sort of thing. I had someone to help me through the dungeons and it was a much easier time. The password system and level scaling make it pretty easy to team up with someone.

You can do it Hunter!

I have complete faith in the fact that you will make this community proud by 'gitting gud'.

I didn't find the queen particularly difficult, actually one of the easier fights. The beast was a pain, as well as Amy. I actually had a lot of problems with a dude with the sickles lolol. A partner will help. Good luck good hunter.

21 minutes ago, ferginator88 said:

I'd recommend looking for a partner if you're into that sort of thing. I had someone to help me through the dungeons and it was a much easier time. The password system and level scaling make it pretty easy to team up with someone.

You can do it Hunter!

I really want to do it solo and if I cant get there, I'll look for a partner. Thanks though for encouragement.

3 minutes ago, linkdevivo said:

I have complete faith in the fact that you will make this community proud by 'gitting gud'.

Wow original. never read that one before. I will 'git gud' and do you proud. thanks for the input 😏

Amy was the hardest one in my opinion, especially since you are at half health.

33 minutes ago, readyplayer793 said:

I'm not one to complain about game difficulty really, but I gotta vent about these dungeons!

They are so hard!

I breezed through most of the game and went into the dungeons half cocked, thinking they would just be like the rest of the game but clearly my own arrogance got the better of me.

Currently on Ailing Loran Chalice (4th dungeon - following the guide about which ones to make) and the Abhorrent Beast has beaten me 4 times. Took a break from it yesterday to play another game and calm myself down but HOLY HELL!

I can only imagine what comes next. Doubt I'll ever get to the Queen.

Rant over lol

Fortunately you can skip the hardest one which is the 5th one by using a false depth dungeon for the queen, which you can find here 

https://www.bloodborne-wiki.com/2017/11/save-editing-chalice-dungeons.html

Posted (edited)

14 minutes ago, Squirlruler said:

I didn't find the queen particularly difficult, actually one of the easier fights. The beast was a pain, as well as Amy. I actually had a lot of problems with a dude with the sickles lolol. A partner will help. Good luck good hunter.

10 minutes ago, Void said:

Amy was the hardest one in my opinion, especially since you are at half health.

8 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

Fortunately you can skip the hardest one which is the 5th one by using a false depth dungeon for the queen, which you can find here 

https://www.bloodborne-wiki.com/2017/11/save-editing-chalice-dungeons.html

I take it Amy is Amygdala? I read that she was the hardest to beat.

Half health?? Oh hell!

I honestly dont have a clue what the post in that link is talking about @SnowxSakura but I thought that save editing was against the rules? I wouldn't know where to begin with save editing.

Edited by readyplayer793

I found Pthumerian Descendant to be the hardest of all the dungeons. Dude is an unrelenting asshole. Watchdogs of old lords were tough too

4 minutes ago, readyplayer793 said:

Half health?? Oh hell!

I honestly dont have a clue what the post in that link is talking about @SnowxSakura but I thought that save editing was against the rules? I wouldn't know where to begin with save editing.

You're not save editing, you enter the glyph codes that are posted on there in game at the chalice graves, and it loads the false depth dungeons

1 minute ago, entonces55 said:

I found Pthumerian Descendant to be the hardest of all the dungeons. Dude is an unrelenting asshole. Watchdogs of old lords were tough too

I really struggled with the descendant, he's a big jerk

2 minutes ago, readyplayer793 said:

Half health?? Oh hell!

you are correct, in the Defiled dungeon you are at 50% health. It took me a day and a half to beat Amy. I had a friend help a few times and we still did not beat it. I got lucky the following day and managed a win but do not remember how. The rest is a lot easier than that thing, but still challenging.

Ah hello there fellow Chalice hunters!

For Cursed and Defiled Amygdala, all you have to do really is bait her slam attack, OR go to her lowermost left arm. Attack once or twice and run away. While she is vicious she is not really that awful with the proper patience(not saying that she's easy though!). When in doubt, pop a Beast Blood Pellet for that absurd amount of damage. Amygdala is a battle of attrition mostly.

Honestly what you should worry about is the Pthumerian Descendant in the next chalice Ihyll and the Headless Beast that comes next, those assholes can really demolish your health. Especially the Descendant with the goddamn Sickle throws.

For Abhorrent Beast however...you really have to learn that goddamn pattern. He is really a Beast to fight, but that's nothing compared to what's in Lower Loran, should you attempt it. Even co-op it's still quite a challenge to fight there.

Its quite interesting to hear that so many people struggle with Amygdala. For me, this one was one of the easiest bosses in the dungeons.
Instead of Amygdala, the boss that destroyed me more than I wanted to count was the Bloodletting Beast. The dude crushed me with his fist punch in one hit and I absolutely couldn't get the timing right to dodge, or avoid it in any other way.

I guess in the end it's just perseverance and luck 😤

Man, I did it alone and it was real hell, this one with half health took me about 8 plus hours to beat, have split it into two days. When you finally get to the queen, believe me, if you do it alone, there is nothing that ever will stop you:). Bloodletting Beast also took nearly the same amount of countless tries. The general advice is to really practice, in other words git gut and also, I'm not a fan of using buffs and magic, but phantasm shell all the way or Ludwig's holy blade, gave up on my own rules there.

The way I keep hearing about the defiled chalice with how difficult it is makes me glad i skipped it

Everything is fine up until Amygdala.

She'll truly test your patience and composure more than anything else.

Then after defiled chalice I thought, "my health is back to full, I'm invincible!!"....I was wrong!

Pthumerian Descendent was just too quick, and took me a long ass time to learn his patterns. That's a true 1 v 1 battle - and was the final boss for me.

Good luck, Hunter! If you cruised through the main game, you did better than me. So stick at it!

On 1/6/2020 at 0:28 PM, neko-chan251191 said:

Its quite interesting to hear that so many people struggle with Amygdala. For me, this one was one of the easiest bosses in the dungeons.
Instead of Amygdala, the boss that destroyed me more than I wanted to count was the Bloodletting Beast. The dude crushed me with his fist punch in one hit and I absolutely couldn't get the timing right to dodge, or avoid it in any other way.

I guess in the end it's just perseverance and luck 1f624.png

So cool. For me it was the other way around. I spent almost a day with Amygdala and beat the beast on my first attempt.
It took me a few atempts 4 or 5 to beat Ptumerian Descendent. I actually love these very fast fights that require really good timing and agression.
Amygdala was just a cheap pain. I was always 1 hit away from death as almost everything one shots me. I find that very cheap.