This game still doable to plat?

Surgical_Assault

15 hours ago, aranek87 said:

Its doable but the number of players is very low, on weekends and in the evenings there are moments that the game will collects up to 6 people.So the trophy for 1k frags will take a while ;)

Appreciate that, I migt just leave this game alone or one day start a boosting server, who knows lol

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 3/15/2020 at 8:12 PM, SuchRemorse said:

I got the platinum for this game about 3 years ago while the player count was low! I can't imagine many people playing this now. This game was sooooooo annoying! It was a big grind and I didn't enjoy any of it. I would probably stay away from this one. 

Sadly I played the tutorial and have this game on my list and my ocd needs to complete it. :(

Edited by Stevieboy

• 3 months later...

The Platinum is doable, but I must warn you that the 'regulars' for this game are complete assholes. Some of them are on this site and I feel they should get called out (if you're on this site and actively preventing people from obtaining a Platinum in a multiplayer game, you should get called out on it). I have started compiling a list of those people and I will share it if you ask me privately. What's worse is many of them have the Platinum for this game.

So getting the Platinum will be much tougher due to people choosing to be assholes.

Edited by POEman553
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, DerelictSoul said:

It was a fun and easy legit plat.....I'd mess with boosters too xD

Maybe it is fun when you opponents are on the same level, but I kept finiding someone earlier that 3 of us would shoot and and yet they would still be full health after killing us. Not fun at all when that happens.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, POEman553 said:

The Platinum is doable, but I must warn you that the 'regulars' for this game are complete assholes. Some of them are on this site and I feel they should get called out (if you're on this site and actively preventing people from obtaining a Platinum in a multiplayer game, you should get called out on it). I have started compiling a list of those people and I will share it. What's worse is many of them have the Platinum for this game.

So getting the Platinum will be much tougher due to people choosing to be assholes.

18 minutes ago, POEman553 said:

You and I would have words if you did that. I'm not going to say what I would say here if you did that.

It's a MP game my guy... If someone is playing the game properly and for fun, why hate them for that? Only time I have a real issue is if both parties are boosting and one decides to ruin it for the other to increase their own kill count or stats or whatever it may be.

If you're wanting trophies in an active game where there's others in your lobby, then just do it legitimately (how you're supposed to). Trophies were meant to be an achievement, not a participation medal that everyone deserves. If you can't do it, then wait for the game to be dead and boost then, or just play a ratalaika.

Anyway, good luck with the 100%  

Edited by Riiszk
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, Riiszk said:

It's a MP game my guy... If someone is playing the game properly and for fun, why hate them for that? Only time I have a real issue is if both parties are boosting and one decides to ruin it for the other to increase their own kill count or stats or whatever it may be.

If you're wanting trophies in an active game where there's others in your lobby, then just do it legitimately (how you're supposed to). Trophies were meant to be an achievement, not a participation medal that everyone deserves. If you can't do it, then wait for the game to be dead and boost then, or just play a ratalaika.

Anyway, good luck with the 100%  

Your definition of 'playing it properly' and my definition of 'playing it properly' are two different things. Some of us don't have time, energy, or space to be spending endless hours on a dead multiplayer game and want to maximize our time and obtain the Platinum quickly.

The thing is the game isn't very active. As jpwbjpwb mentioned, it's not fun playing against people that you barely damage and basically one shots you in a match - tell me how is that 'do it legitimately'?

Insulting me and saying I should play a Ratalaika game is proving my point.

Edited by POEman553

1 hour ago, SpaceIsDandy said:

Did you not read? Or are you saying a game that has less than 10 players at a time (some of which are trophy hunters who already have the plat) isnt dead? Lol

A lobby of 10 is enough for a game, no? Even if its only 2 or 3, you can earn trophies against them.

And are trophy hunters not meant to play a game after getting 100% or plat? 

59 minutes ago, SpaceIsDandy said:

They might be angry that people can pay like 5 dollars and have as many plats as they do :(

Definitely not angry about others getting easy plats. Just don't understand the entitled mentality. Either boost, or if you can't boost, then earn it legitimately. Or just continue complaining like some do which won't change anything 

1 hour ago, POEman553 said:

Your definition of 'playing it properly' and my definition of 'playing it properly' are two different things. Some of us don't have time, energy, or space to be spending endless hours on a dead multiplayer game and want to maximize our time and obtain the Platinum quickly.

The thing is the game isn't very active. As jpwbjpwb mentioned, it's not fun playing against people that you barely damage and basically one shots you in a match - tell me how is that 'do it legitimately'?

Insulting me and saying I should play a Ratalaika game is proving my point.

If you don't have time for a game, how's that anyone else's issue? I won't change how I play and sacrifice my fun and free time just because you want to boost and manage your time different. Whoever you played against obviously put the time into the game because they enjoy it, and therefore still play it for fun. 

Ratalaika was a suggestion ? you even said you don't have the energy or time for a MP. I gave the recommendation of playing when others aren't on in off peak hours or suck it up and play properly as they aren't likely ever going to let you boost. Can't do much else and complaining sure as hell won't solve anything. 

Again, goodluck with it. 

Edited by Riiszk

3 hours ago, POEman553 said:

The Platinum is doable, but I must warn you that the 'regulars' for this game are complete assholes. Some of them are on this site and I feel they should get called out (if you're on this site and actively preventing people from obtaining a Platinum in a multiplayer game, you should get called out on it). I have started compiling a list of those people and I will share it if you ask me privately. What's worse is many of them have the Platinum for this game.

I’m sorry, but this idea that someone shouldn’t play a multiplayer game after getting all the trophies for it is completely idiotic. I agree with Riiszk, take the L and wait for the game to die down, or go play easier games. 

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, HoorayForTyler said:

I’m sorry, but this idea that someone shouldn’t play a multiplayer game after getting all the trophies for it is completely idiotic. I agree with Riiszk, take the L and wait for the game to die down, or go play easier games. 

There are 100s of other games they could be playing - even if I got the Platinum legitimately, I would move on and play something else. I wouldn't go back to the game and prevent other people trying to obtain the Platinum from doing so out of spite.

5 hours ago, POEman553 said:

Same was with Twisted Metal(PS3)

6 hours ago, POEman553 said:

Can you send me the IDs on private? Would love to know who to avoid when I start boosting this game.

Also, my definition of "dead multiplayer" is any game where the playerbase is not enough to provide full matches at ANY time you search. Moreover it also needs to have a healthy playerbase, which means cycling between mixed skills lobbies every match. In this sense, games like Battlefield Bad Company are completely DEAD even though there's always 1 lobby running and sometimes it's close to being full.

I don't understand why no-lifers who master a game keep playing the same thing over and over again just trying to hunt noobs and trophy hunters to feel better than they are. If you're a pro in Battlefield, you should move to more active games like BF4, BF1 or BFV (BF2042 in some months) and compete with another good players there. Playing a dead multiplayer is a somewhat compulsive behaviour and I've seen so many players who aren't mentally healthy at all playing those 12+ year old games. It only bothers me when there's no private matches for boosting.

Just my 2 cents from my experience, which I totally expect to find in Hardware Rivals in some weeks.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, willmill97 said:

I started this tonight and got rinsed every few seconds. When's the best time to play for more noobs like me?

The randoms are quite common at all times of day really, but mornings UK time there were less. At this point some of the poeple who are destroying you will probably be trophy hunters getting kills tbh. 

The big thing with this game I found was that practise really helped. At the beginning I thought the lifers were unbeatable wizards, by the end I was playing close to their level.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/10/2021 at 8:05 PM, willmill97 said:

I started this tonight and got rinsed every few seconds. When's the best time to play for more noobs like me?

There isn't a best time really. It's not like other multiplayer games I've seen where the game is dead and you know what time whatever regulars won't be available. I have seen one of the 'tryhard' regulars play for 10 freaking hours (like seriously that dude needs to get a life or play something else).

25 minutes ago, POEman553 said:

There isn't a best time really. It's not like other multiplayer games I've seen where the game is dead and you know what time whatever regulars won't be available. I have seen one of the 'tryhard' regulars play for 10 freaking hours (like seriously that dude needs to get a life or play something else).

I respect someone more for playing the game for fun for 10 freaking hours compared to hearing that an entitled trophy hunter has tried to boost the game for 10 freaking hours. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, POEman553 said:

I have the 100% now, but I'd recommend always going for heavy and light missiles over anything else. Learning the spawns of pickups is most important