This game still doable to plat?

Surgical_Assault

4 hours ago, POEman553 said:

I have seen one of the 'tryhard' regulars play for 10 freaking hours (like seriously that dude needs to get a life or play something else).

A trophy hunter of all people telling someone to get a life lmao, you’re joking I assume.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Darkette said:

A trophy hunter of all people telling someone to get a life lmao, you’re joking I assume.

Look around at the site you're on. Again, if you already have the Platinum for Hardware Rivals, the 10,000th hour of it is not going to be any different than the first hour of it. Why continue to play at that point? I mean if they really don't have anything going on with their lives (trust me, I've looked at the people playing regularly that are acting as boosting breakers, they don't), then maybe they need to.

4 hours ago, Sergen said:

I respect someone more for playing the game for fun for 10 freaking hours compared to hearing that an entitled trophy hunter has tried to boost the game for 10 freaking hours. 

Let me explain something to you: Most of the people playing Hardware Rivals "for fun" are preventing people from obtaining the Platinum. No one's entitled to the Platinum, but dealing with people trolling a player base that are just after the Platinum and will likely leave after getting the Platinum makes it more difficult. If you want to go for the Platinum and you have better luck with obtaining it, be my guest. Apparently you also want to act as a 'white knight' for them too.

And may I add that most of the non-trophy hunting regulars for this game ate paint chips in their share time so I'm amazed at the defense force that has started for them. They should be proud.

4 minutes ago, POEman553 said:

Look around at the site you're on. Again, if you already have the Platinum for Hardware Rivals, the 10,000th hour of it is not going to be any different than the first hour of it. Why continue to play at that point? I mean if they really don't have anything going on with their lives (trust me, I've looked at the people playing regularly that are acting as boosting breakers, they don't), then maybe they need to.

is it really that hard to grasp the concept of liking a game outside of trophies? You aren’t anyone to judge them for how they spend their time, if they enjoy it then they have no reason to stop playing. I could understand if you had some good proof of them trying to block trophies for you by spiting you as a teammate or something, then you could have an argument. In this case it’s just a PvP game and they’re playing it how it was intended.

The first hour of boosting some bland ass trophy is also the same as boosting the 10,000th hour of it for another game. The way trophy hunters play games is in no way appealing to most players out there, so seeing you judge how others have fun on a game is certainly interesting to say the least.

• Like 3

If there are people who are actively playing the game because they enjoy it, why should they stop what they're doing to allow trophy hunters to pursue the plat? That sounds really boring. It's like in Dark Souls, where I would invade people who were trading items to get the platinum. I don't care if that's what you're doing; I'm here to play the game. 

9 minutes ago, Darkette said:

is it really that hard to grasp the concept of liking a game outside of trophies? You aren’t anyone to judge them for how they spend their time, if they enjoy it then they have no reason to stop playing

Liking a game outside of trophies is completely understandable.

However, on any game where it then turns into hardcores bash noobs that are not as familiar/leveled up/skilled at the game I’m lost too. The fun should be in playing amongst peers, not overpowering players that are clearly only after the trophies. Why not leave them alone?

Ruining trophy hunting for boosters as a fun activity is a concept that I fail to get behind as well. Especially if they use mods & cheats to do so. To me that’s not “liking a game” but rather “liking to ruin it for underpowered players“. Indefensible, IMO.

• Like 1

It's a slippery slope for me.  On one hand, I don't have any issues with someone playing a game for a ton of hours (and well past the point of the Platinum) as long as they're having fun with the game.  On the other, if there's an intent to troll or mess with new players intentionally to ruin their game, that's a totally different issue.

I'm going to be a new player jumping into Hardware Rivals to try and get as many trophies as I can before the shutdown later this year.  Luckily, my completion percentage is garbage and if I don't get the Platinum, oh well.  I try and be a completionist but with a family and two young girls, I just don't have the time to go out and chase down some of the most challenging trophies for all the games I play.  Sure, I'll find a game I really like and spend years on a single or final trophy (i.e., Battlefront 2015, Uncharted 2 (PS3)), but by and large, I'll do the best I can and move on.  

@POEman553, if you could DM me the list of players to avoid that you collected, that would be very helpful.  Thank you for putting that together for community members like me, appreciate it.

Probably gonna get shot down for this but here it goes. I love MP games and the arguments here that people shouldn’t play a game after a plat (especially a MP one), is stupid. Okay it’s online what do you expect you’re going to get a mixed player pool you’ll come across people that are good and some that are bad. I’m sure If you kept finding bad players you wouldn’t be complaining but it’s the fact you’re against GOOD players which is the issue? Good players = make the plat harder, bad players = making the plat way easier and you’re happy. Simple solution would be to gather however many people boost it as privately as possible and move on let others enjoy their game and you enjoy your next one. 2nd would option would be to play and get better time isn’t on anyone’s side if you want the plat that badly work for it.

Lastly just getting absolutely destroyed by better players isn’t them griefing you, if it was a CO OP game and you were getting team killed, blocked in corners etc fair complaint, but it’s MP let people play how they want we’re a small community too and not everyone can get what they want.

• Like 4