Digital version unobtainable?

Segimon

• 4 weeks later...
11 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

Yes but unless you're the one who owns the game, no trophies will pop on your account. Unless you're referring to the illegal activity of Account Sharing? In which case you can but Sony will ban you for it when they find out.

oh cause I would shareplay with a fellow hunter by the legal means to help.

I have a digital copy of telltale guardians on xbox, I couldn't access the chapters to download from a booted game or game management options in the console menu. the game didn't show up in store either. I had to sign into Microsoft account on my pc and go to my purchased transaction, go to receipt and tell them which xbox I wanted it to download too. What a pain delisting is?

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I already own all of the digital copy of all the Tales from the Borderlands as I bought, downloaded and kept it on my hard drive. When I upgraded to a PS4 Pro I transferred it to a external HDD where it has sat all this time. I actually own a physical copy for the PS4 too.?

However the reasoning for me adding to this thread is that the digital version of TFTB is returning to storefronts very soon, the 17th February in fact. Was announced by the social media accounts of Borderlands about 3hrs ago. Here’s a link to the Twitter post for confirmation - Tales from the Borderlands Returning Twitter Announcement

• Like 4

16 hours ago, OverHypedG said:

Nope. I bought it, downloaded it and it said I had platinum. So it shares a list with my physical copy. What a sad day :/ still at 1%

Wow. I was hoping the digital version trophy list would be accessible, but I guess I was wrong. I will not be buying this digitally. I'll definitely pick up a pre-owned physical copy if I can find one, though.

• Like 2

I can’t say I’m surprised there’s no new list, but why Gearbox? WHY did you associate this re-release with the PS3/PS4 retail trophy stack? I get Telltale was first to fuck with these stacks unlike their other titles released across different Sony consoles but come on! Having all available copies for a single title on PS share the same trophies was not the original plan.

It appears now I’ll be saving 30 AUD for this version. Back in late 2019 I bought the disc version pre-owned at a soon-to-close EB Games store for much less than how much is listed here. With no new trophies to achieve, why play this again?!

What’s also a damn shame is that, from word of mouth, Borderlands 3 fucks with the Telltale series’ top-tier narrative and I’ve yet to play that as it’s currently sitting on my shelf ($10 brand new, again from EB Games).

EDIT: Turns out NEW! Tales From The Borderlands didn’t correctly follow the narrative of the first TFTB either. Well played, 2K/Gearbox! /s

Edited by Dry
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, ShotgunSquirrel said:

So... When I platted this game in 2015, O bought each epsiode digitally and have the 'DG' trophy list.

If I now buy this again from the PS Store, Will it be the PS3/PS4 list so I could plat it again? Or will it just show that I've already attained the plat?

It will be the ps3/ps4 list. The re-listed version shares the same serial as the disc and therefore is the same trophy list. Digital list is in the form of episodes and season pass. This re-list is a complete game similar to the disc. 

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 29/05/2021 at 9:15 AM, Kim_Kimm said:

oh man. I also wasted my money as I thought digital version have different trophy list as physical. Can I get refund for this or there is no hope

If you downloaded it, you're screwed because Sony doesn't issue refunds if you change your mind after downloading something.

Edited by HuntingFever
Fixed typo.

1 minute ago, HuntingFever said:

If you downloaded it, you're screwed because Sony doesn't issue refunds if change your mind after downloading something.

Oh man. because after download that's how I know whether it is stack or not. if not download how can I know. why the developer so stupid to make relisted digital same as physical. wasted my money man

I'm a bit of an obsessive when it comes with trying to keep a 100% list (don't judge me ?). I have a digital version of the game that I think I got for free with PSN+ 

I know there was a bunch of drama when everything was delisted, but if I download and play the PSN+ version is that complete and will I be able to 100% the game?

21 hours ago, iamthedotcom said:

I'm a bit of an obsessive when it comes with trying to keep a 100% list (don't judge me 1f643.png). I have a digital version of the game that I think I got for free with PSN+ 

I know there was a bunch of drama when everything was delisted, but if I download and play the PSN+ version is that complete and will I be able to 100% the game?

Weird flex but yes you should be able to platinum the game.

On 6/5/2021 at 9:34 AM, iamthedotcom said:

Thanks! Definitely wasn't trying to flex. There isn't even really a way for me to flex, just an unhealthy compulsion with wanting a list to be 100%.

Thanks again. 

So I just checked and you have to manually download and install the remaining episodes for it to work. As for episode 1 that is gone unless you downloaded when it was free on plus. Thankfully, the other episodes are still available for download.

Edit: Just installed my episodes.

Edited by Roronora_Zoro666