Digital version unobtainable?

Segimon

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

They should do a cross buy for the ps5 to make up for this whole mess. It’s my mistake for jumping on the purchase back when this was relisted. Little did I know the digital purchase didn’t correlate to the digital trophy list. £16.99 wasted, still mad lol. 

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yea shame, I’m trying to clean up my backlog rn thought I would clean the digital version of this game but it’s unobtainable because the version you buy shares the same trophy list as the disc version for some reason, and the season pass doesnt exist.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

Maybe just an unexplainable coincidence, or something unique to the PSN EU/German store page?

- I had the fully downloaded PS4 DG version of Tales from the Borderlands sitting on an external USB HDD for some years, which either me or my girlfriend received through PS+ in May 2017. Only my girlfriend played this version of the game on her console in the past, then I stored it away on said external USB HDD.
- Decided to play the DG version today and noticed that when I access the EPISODES entry through the DG versions menu and I then access the BUY! entry, I am forwarded to a PS Store page where I could buy the season pass for €19,99 and the game's release date is shown with timestamp 03 December 2014
20221205-115836.jpg
20221205-115808-HDR.jpg

- As far as I get it, the re-release version of Tales from the Borderlands has a release timestamp of 16 February 2021.

--> That should mean, that the PS Store page of the season pass for the PS4 DG version should still be accessible, if you have access to the PS4 DG version of episode 1.

/edit Added the links at the bottom of this comment:

To be honest, since all five episodes of the game are marked as purchased & installed I do not need to buy the season pass 
But since I was still able to buy the Minecraft Story Mode Season 1 Adventure Pass for the PS3 version through the games menu two years ago AFTER said game was already delisted, I really think that there are still ways to get the other episodes from the PS4 DG version of Tales from the Borderlands.

Edited by Geridian
Added link to a comment
  • Like 2

• 4 months later...
On 5.12.2022 at 0:39 PM, Geridian said:

Maybe just an unexplainable coincidence, or something unique to the PSN EU/German store page?

- I had the fully downloaded PS4 DG version of Tales from the Borderlands sitting on an external USB HDD for some years, which either me or my girlfriend received through PS+ in May 2017. Only my girlfriend played this version of the game on her console in the past, then I stored it away on said external USB HDD.
- Decided to play the DG version today and noticed that when I access the EPISODES entry through the DG versions menu and I then access the BUY! entry, I am forwarded to a PS Store page where I could buy the season pass for €19,99 and the game's release date is shown with timestamp 03 December 2014
20221205-115836.jpg
20221205-115808-HDR.jpg

- As far as I get it, the re-release version of Tales from the Borderlands has a release timestamp of 16 February 2021.

--> That should mean, that the PS Store page of the season pass for the PS4 DG version should still be accessible, if you have access to the PS4 DG version of episode 1.

To be honest, since all five episodes of the game are marked as purchased & installed I do not need to buy the season pass 
But since I was still able to buy the Minecraft Story Mode Season 1 Adventure Pass for the PS3 version through the games menu two years ago AFTER said game was already delisted, I really think that there are still ways to get the other episodes from the PS4 DG version of Tales from the Borderlands.

Just a thought of mine:

Let´s say I have a girlfriend who has Episode 1 of the DG available and I have not.

If we decide to move to one place and if she creates her account on my PS5, download epsidode 1 and I start it to buy the season pass on my account ... would that work?

And would that be ok since I buy the whole pass and only use the "shared account" to get access to the item in the store?

• 3 weeks later...
On 24/4/2023 at 11:03 AM, Jay1987DE said:

Just a thought of mine:

Let´s say I have a girlfriend who has Episode 1 of the DG available and I have not.

If we decide to move to one place and if she creates her account on my PS5, download epsidode 1 and I start it to buy the season pass on my account ... would that work?

And would that be ok since I buy the whole pass and only use the "shared account" to get access to the item in the store?

That should work. Would it be ok to do that? Absolutely, the game is not multiplayer, you are in no way editing the game files to cheat and you are even going to give money to PlayStation and Gearbox by buying the Season Pass. No one should complain about it, go for it. Good luck hunter.

• 1 month later...
On 24.4.2023 at 11:03 AM, Jay1987DE said:

Just a thought of mine:

Sorry for my late response. ?

Let's keep it simple:

Account A is the main user of the console.

Account B is the secondary account and you would like to play the game from this account.

I would advice that account B buys the season pass, if possible. Because this way licenses for EP1 and the other episodes are on the same account. Then download and install all the other episodes while account B is logged in.

After downloading and installing is done, close the game, activate "Console sharing and offline play" for account B and afterwards "Restore licences".

When this is done, log out account B, log in account A and check.

Can only provide the links from my German PSN account for the old DG version. Links for other regions should be different. No guarantee, that they help anyone at all.

EP1: https://store.playstation.com/de-de/concept/204836

EP2: https://store.playstation.com/de-de/product/EP2026-CUSA00860_00-TFTBL0000000DLC2

EP3: https://store.playstation.com/de-de/product/EP2026-CUSA00860_00-TFTBL0000000DLC3

EP4: https://store.playstation.com/de-de/product/EP2026-CUSA00860_00-TFTBL0000000DLC4

EP5: https://store.playstation.com/de-de/product/EP2026-CUSA00860_00-TFTBL0000000DLC5

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Didn't read the whole thread but I was just about to make a new PSA post about how the code in a box version of this game that comes with the deluxe version of New Tales from the Borderlands isn't the same version as the previously delisted game... Oh well, I'm stuck with the 28% in the free demo episode 1 version forever.

Great game though, really slow beginning with bad jokes and poor humor, but it really grows on you by the end of the first episode, and keeps getting better.

Wow - lucky I actually earned the Platinum for the DG version back when I got it on PS+ years ago, otherwise my essentially 100% account would be ruined...

This is disgusting practice in my opinion.

Guess I'll boycott its sequel until people get this resolved.

This is the kind of stuff I despise!

Hope you all can find a doner of sorts to share the DG with you all that's suffering from this nonsense - not something I would do though as it's against ToS.

Definitely complain to the devs if you can and vote with your wallet - don't support practices like this by not buying their other games.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, J-S_93 said:

Wow - lucky I actually earned the Platinum for the DG version back when I got it on PS+ years ago, otherwise my essentially 100% account would be ruined...

Hope you all can find a doner of sorts to share the DG with you all that's suffering from this nonsense - not something I would do though as it's against ToS.

Definitely complain to the devs if you can and vote with your wallet - don't support practices like this by not buying their other games.

Based on a few short opinions I’ve come across about the NEW! Tales From The Borderlands, it’s probably best to ignore it entirely regardless of the 2014-2018 TFTB PS4 digital version’s trophy list.

However one day I intend on getting the PS5 version of this and never touching it again post platinum so I can agree in first-person with how mediocre it is.

Edited by Dry
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/20/2024 at 8:20 AM, J-S_93 said:

I’ve already emailed various people about this, everyone seemed to pass the blame and make excuses. Something about the rights of the game belonged to another company but I replied saying then why relist in the store when it’s not actually correlated to the digital version.. then I got more excuses. 

it’s a shame because I paid full price for the game and it was the same trophy list as the disc. I love telltale for the stories and easy trophies, I wouldn’t want to boycott them but I’m so mad about this and have been for years since it got relisted in the PlayStation store. 

• Like 2