Looking for tips

visighost

I’m not clear why this “game” has trophies, but I’m a little lost as to how to obtain them.

@Neocarleen, I see you completed it... Tips would be welcome!

I’d also like to know:

-What triggers the changes to different areas.

-If it’s possible to “chapter select” and how.

-What changes in “exhibition mode”.

Of the two I got:

-One is obtained by “flying” (holding the left stick forward for a while will make you fly. Don’t release it.)

-You’ll see a building in ruins at the beginning of the desert. Go through the door and all the subsequent ones.

I’ll add to this if I find more...

(To be clear: I’m really enjoying my experience - there are too few experimental games on the PS4, but feel like trophies take some/most of my focus away. I wonder if their inclusion was part of the experiment...)

Edited by visighost
  • Like 1

Oh boy, this game... "Experimental" is the only way to describe it, because it's like being in a drug induced dream.

It's been like a year since I've played this, but I'll try to describe it as best as I can remember. I can't give exact directions, just general areas. 100% of this game is just wandering around until you find something.

Enlightenment: Ok, you start off being lowered into the world, then you have to wander around for a while. After an amount of time (I think it's like 10 minutes), the night will end and you'll start over. I think you can force a reset by going too far out of bounds as well. After a few cycles of this (like 4 or 5), the game will "end" and you'll get this trophy.

Awareness: I can't remember the details of how I got this trophy. I think when you go into a building like the desert ruins or the cabin in the woods, you're in a white space and you have to keep going forwards, or something like that. Whatever you do to trigger it, if you find yourself in a pure white or black space where there's nothing for you to do but go forwards, just do nothing for a minute until the trophy pops.

Water of Life: From the start, behind you is a beach. Go into the water and just stay underwater for 5 minutes.

Wings of Desire: In order to fly, you have to swing the camera around at an angle and you'll be lifted off the ground. Or Visi got it by just holding forward for awhile. Again, this game is weird and I have no idea what was happening most of the time.

An Ocean Without a Shore: As you descend at the beginning, look to your right. Along the beach, there's a trailer. If you don't see it at first, just go in that direction and the bright white of it's door and windows should stand out. Go inside the trailer to get this trophy.

The Guest House: To the left there's a forest. Somewhere in the middle of there is a cabin, like the ruins in the desert. Go through the doors.

Withdrawal Into the Self: To the right-ish is a mountain range. There's a building in there you have to find and enter.

Pilgrim's Progress: I don't know. I just wandered around the desert until this trophy popped. There's a bunch of statue's somewhere in the desert area that look like the trophy image. You just have to find them somewhere for the trophy.

Awakening: As you begin, there's a a canyon maze in front of you, before the desert. Somewhere in the maze is a bright white man walking around. Find and approach him.

Eye of Power: From the start, behind you is a beach. Go into the water and look around for the shark. It should be distinct from it's white colour. Wander around the bottom of the ocean until you find it and approach it. (It won't hurt you)

Spirits Fly: Wander around inside the forest area. Somewhere there's large birds flying around. The best I can say is that they were close to the river?

Cerberus: On the mountain is a path leading up. Stay on the path and keep following it until you find the black dog.

• Like 3

On 2020-01-08 at 2:39 PM, visighost said:

Thanks so much for taking the time to do this! Would triple-like if I could! :)

Congratulations on 100%ing this weird game! If you wouldn’t mind, could you any details to my little trophy guide that may be missing, or too vague? Or any if you’d want to add for future trophy hunters for this game?

Your guide was actually pretty accurate! I'm impressed, especially given the time that passed since you played it!

I would add:

-For the underwater and flying trophies, times seem to be cumulative. No need to do it all in one go.

-It took me forever to locate the pilgrims: they're in the desert, but very close to the forest, away from the starting point. They seemed to appear when I got closer (i.e. you can't really stand on the mountain and see them). Not sure if they actually move...

-The vultures (for Spirits Fly) also kind of popped up when I got close. From the start, go to the river, cross it, and follow it on the right. Keep your eyes up...

-The various doors you need to get into don't appear until you "reflect" (press x).

I have to say I enjoyed the "game" but if you're someone who complained about the pace of Everyone's Going to the Rapture, definitely stay away! :D

Edited by visighost
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...

Long shot but I've been trying to unlock Wings of Desire (my last trophy) for quite some time now. I've tried both tips mentioned in the thread (holding the left stick & flicking the right joystick) and pretty much anything else I could think of. I CAN NOT figure out how to fly and it's driving me nuts. I've tried to reach out to the latest achiever without any luck. ANyone know how I can finish this atrocious game ??

Messaged a few other achievers and nobody bothered replying. Ended up finding the email for the devs and emailing them directly. Their support was amazingly fast and detailed. Huge props to Tim for restoring my sanity !

For posterity, here was his reply:

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out, and for your commitment to the game! There's no doubt that the WoD trophy can be a little tricky; but with a couple of tips, you should be able to master flying in short order.

Tip 1: Make sure and max out 'reflecting' till you can 'fly'. You can get this by fully reflecting -which is reflecting at a location until you can't reflect any more (usually about 45 seconds or so)- at at least two locations. It can be any locations; it can even be partial reflections at several locations. It just has to all be on the same day. After that, you should be able to hold the left stick all the way forward to 'move quickly' and you'll start to fly a little bit off the ground as you move forward. Once you're in that state, move on to tip 2...

Tip 2: Now that you can fly, you'll need to stay aloft for at least two minutes straight in order to unlock the Wings of Desire trophy. You can do this from a lot of places, but to fly at a high altitude and easily avoid running into things, I suggest climbing to the flat part of the mountain that's a little forward and to your right when you start a game -the mountain plateau where you can see the lightning strikes. Once there, run towards the cliff edge. If you've given yourself enough running room, you'll start to fly a little before you get to the edge of the plateau. Once you're flying and have cleared the plateau, you can keep flying at that same altitude as long as you keep the controller stick forward.

Keep flying for 2 minutes, and you should unlock the WoD trophy.

Let me know if you have any questions, and good luck!

All the best,

Tim at The Night Journey Team

• Like 3