Patch 1.07 mystery

Although patch 1.07 was released a year ago, and I might be starting Wolfenstein II (once purchased) in I am Death Incarnate difficulty right off the bat, then Mein leben, once I completed the former; I'm still trying to disambiguate with the patch notes, in regards to "updated difficulty balancing" part. What does it mean for all of the difficulties in the game, as a whole? Will it, at least, include Mein leben as well?

Edited by BadRep24
  • Like 2

I think it just adjusts everything below I Am Death Incarnate since when the game first came out even on Normal it had difficulty issues where even with full armor you would just drop dead as if BJ was made of wet paper. I played it again to get the rest of the collectibles some time after the patch dropped and I tried it out on Normal again just to see and it didn't really feel all that much different. I guess I could say I didn't die as fast but compared to the first game it still felt like you can't take much damage. So I can't imagine I Am Death Incarnate and Mein Leben are really that much different.

• 3 weeks later...
On 09/01/2020 at 3:40 AM, BadRep24 said:

Although patch 1.07 was released a year ago, and I might be starting Wolfenstein II (once purchased) in I am Death Incarnate difficulty right off the bat, then Mein leben, once I completed the former; I'm still trying to disambiguate with the patch notes, in regards to "updated difficulty balancing" part. What does it mean for all of the difficulties in the game, as a whole? Will it, at least, include Mein leben as well?

Mein Leben is basically I am Death Incarnate difficulty, but with no saves and a permadeth mode. So you'll still drop pretty quick if you don't manage reaction times and keep topped up with armor and health (and even then you can die quickly)

The best starting advice I can give you if you are going for Mein Leben - treat your I am Death Incarnate playthrough as your practice mode. Play it through once to get a feel for the whole game, then start practicing segments over and over again to build up a strategy for each one. Also - get really really really good at leaning and cover shooting ;)

My personal strategy was to play on Death Incarnate 'pretending' it was Mein Leben. Then whenever i got to a point where i died, i'd make that a segment. So i'd practice that till i didn't die frequently / if at all. Then i'd go back to pretending it was Mein Leben until I died again later, then make that the next practice segment.

Eventually your greatest enemy will be some of the unskippable story stuff - the full opening is largely unskippable and will eventually become the thing that will make you want to quit because of the amount of attempts and practice you'll be doing. I actually think that i would be able to recite the opening dialogue word for word even now ?

Edited by Crispy_Oglop
  • Like 2