Perfect Explorer Trophy

FebuKev

Hi,

I am on my way trying to get the Perfect Explorer trophy (collecting 100% of the explorer notes) from the DLC 2.

I learnt that this trophy now requires the Genesis Season Pass as it brings 3 Helena notes on the Island. Without the Genesis Season Pass, I cannot get the 3 last notes and so the trophy.

As I have a physical version of the game, do you think that if I uninstall all the updates and patches from the game, it would allow me to get the trophy? Without the updates, the 3 extra notes do not appear in the game so the explorer notes of the base game would represent 100% of the explorer notes.

Do you think it would work? Has someone here already tried?

Thank you,

Edited by FebuKev

One thing to consider if you uninstall the game, you may not be able to use your savefile, as some content in your file is tied to updates, and you may have to start a new file to do this.

Also, since it's a trophy from DLC 2 (which added the notes and the Genesis content), I don't think it's possible unles you can do some sort of version downgrading.

The new notes were added directly to the game, and they are present in the game regardless if you have the season pass or not.  However, the issue comes with translating them as it requires HLNA which was one of the season pass pre-order items.

Try putting this command in and seeing if it works:

cheat gfi MiniHLNA 1 0 0

If it does then it will just require you to equip it onto a shield and having it equipped on your character when you go for the notes.  It may have been patched though preventing you from using the code as a lot of people were getting them for free, I know the admins of the server cluster I played on managed to add the HLNA skins to the fishing loot so near enough everyone on the unofficial server had one, lol.

You may actually be lucky with uninstalling all the updates and trying out the physical disc with no updates installed just on the basis that when Ark originally got released on PS4 in December 2016, it was still in BETA and those DLCs didn't exist, the DLC with the explorer notes was added in June 2017 when the game came out of BETA and officially released. 

I may be mistaken but I believe that only digital versions of the game were available whilst it was still in BETA, and physical versions got released in June 2017 so there is a good chance that the disc includes the explorer note DLC trophy data.  Would be worth a try for sure, just remember to back up any saves you want to keep prior to doing it.

Overall though, it's not a surprise to me that they keep messing up trophies with new updates...this definitely isn't a first :facepalm:

Edited by Mesopithecus

Thanks guys for the explanations. The HLNA command do not work.

I think I will give a try uninstalling the game. If my save file do not work, I will collect everything again. It is worth it as the Genesis season pass is way too expensive.

Unlocking a trophy by paying is a terrible decision...

I will let you know what is the result.

Hi, 

Little update to whoever it may interest.

So, I tried without the updates. Of course you do not keep your save (my previous saves are back up), and you start from the very beginning.

I went to the explorer notes locations, it went well until the 5th Helena's note, that I could not find (the crate were not there). It was the same for other explorers, the few first notes were there but not after.

I tried going to the 30th Helena's note and it brought me... nowhere. This 30th note is at the same location that the Overseer. So I thing this location cannot be reached without the update. And if we cannot reach it, then no Helena's 30th note and no Overseer dossier. So, no trophy.

I hope this will help some people. It definitely seems that only the Genesis season pass can provide this trophy. It is a pity. Let's hope for a patch fixing this like they fixed the Ultimate survivor trophy (I got the trophy despite the update, whereas I do not have the Aberration DLC), because 35 euros for that season pass is way too much.

Thank you again for all your help

• 1 month later...
On 1/10/2020 at 1:55 PM, FebuKev said:

Hi, 

Little update to whoever it may interest.

So, I tried without the updates. Of course you do not keep your save (my previous saves are back up), and you start from the very beginning.

I went to the explorer notes locations, it went well until the 5th Helena's note, that I could not find (the crate were not there). It was the same for other explorers, the few first notes were there but not after.

I tried going to the 30th Helena's note and it brought me... nowhere. This 30th note is at the same location that the Overseer. So I thing this location cannot be reached without the update. And if we cannot reach it, then no Helena's 30th note and no Overseer dossier. So, no trophy.

I hope this will help some people. It definitely seems that only the Genesis season pass can provide this trophy. It is a pity. Let's hope for a patch fixing this like they fixed the Ultimate survivor trophy (I got the trophy despite the update, whereas I do not have the Aberration DLC), because 35 euros for that season pass is way too much.

Thank you again for all your help

I'm not sure if you ever got this resolved, but if not there is something that can help you and everyone else attempting the trophy.

Recently came across this command:

Cheat GiveAllExplorerNotes

I don't recommend using it if you haven't already collected most of the notes as it has the potential to lock up and crash the game.  There is also another command:

cheat GiveExplorerNote 1

Obviously change up the number value, and it will give you specific explorer notes.  Like for example 17 is Carno, I've not gone through them though to be able to identify the Genesis numbered ones but if someone wants to experiment with that, then great.

Edited by Mesopithecus

On 9.1.2020 at 11:16 AM, FebuKev said:

Hi,

I am on my way trying to get the Perfect Explorer trophy (collecting 100% of the explorer notes) from the DLC 2.

I learnt that this trophy now requires the Genesis Season Pass as it brings 3 Helena notes on the Island. Without the Genesis Season Pass, I cannot get the 3 last notes and so the trophy.

As I have a physical version of the game, do you think that if I uninstall all the updates and patches from the game, it would allow me to get the trophy? Without the updates, the 3 extra notes do not appear in the game so the explorer notes of the base game would represent 100% of the explorer notes.

Do you think it would work? Has someone here already tried?

Thank you,

this wont work i've already tried it, collected all notes without any updates and i didnt get the perfect explorer trophy so dont even bother trying it

definitely gonna try WaddyWDS method! 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, G2F4U said:

this wont work i've already tried it, collected all notes without any updates and i didnt get the perfect explorer trophy so dont even bother trying it

definitely gonna try WaddyWDS method! 

Several friends tried this method (before making the video) and checked that it works for that trophy.

• 3 years later...

On 10/3/2020 at 5:30 PM, WaddysWDS said:

Several friends tried this method (before making the video) and checked that it works for that trophy.

And how exactly did you get the trophy after downgrading the game?

Using "giveexplorernote xxx" for every single note or is there a faster way?

• 2 weeks later...

On 27/07/2023 at 0:13 PM, Gagan_30 said:

I have typed in the command giveexplorernote xxx  from 0 to 999  3 times in 3 different private games and then use giveallexplorernotes and i still havnt got the trophy yet

Am i doing anything wrong?

How did you achieve it? I’ve done it 3 times. I can’t even get the veteran palaeontologist either. About ready to give up on the platinum. 

Edited by xAGENT93