Game broken? (SOLVED!)

dcdfan

Does anyone else have problems with this VN? Bought this on the sale on the US store because A VR VN made me curious. But I can't start it correctly. As soon as I get past the main title, every menu including the controller setting is flickering wildly and is unreadable. Through trial and error I was able to somehow start the game, but the screen stays black for minutes.

Comparing to a youtube playthrough, there seems to be a lot amiss, I should be able to see objects in the blue cloud main menu screen but they are missing, no flickering of menus of course, and in the game the sound is delayed for minutes while the screen stays black.

Anyone eles have problems with this? I'm playing on an european PS4 Pro, second version of the VR headset. I've already switched off boost mode and changed TV settings, to no avail. Any suggestions are appreciated...

Edited by dcdfan
Resolved

Solution: change the language settings of your PS4 to English (US), then start the game.

Found the error myself, apparently the game has problems with non-English locale settings. My system is set to German and the game looks like in this reddit post: 

Once I switch my system language to en-us, it works, back to german, it's broken again. If somebody comes across the same error, give this a try...

Edited by dcdfan
Clarification