Worth getting in 2020

There is 1 major glitch left in the game but it won't happen if you don't have the Lair of the Lost Lord DLC installed: https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/ni-no-kuni-ii-revenant-kingdom/333441-dlc-prevents-tyran-being-recruited-work-around-even-after-finishing-game.html

There were some stability and trophy glitches early on but the devs nuked them all within days of them being reported, thus the above issue is the sole remaining major issue of note.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

what are you talking about?

the game have no glithes at all even at launch, people only complain about it been too easy which is been fixed ages ago with the new difficulties Hard and Expert.

i love this game so much i put 358 Hours in to it on my old save file that i lost when my ps4 got a corrupted data issue on the hard drive.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I loved the first one on PS3, then I got the sequel, good game, but as some others have said the first one was better, not that this game isn’t good, because it was, I also haven’t had any issues, 75 hours in, so can’t say there have ever been a glitch for me, then I got back to the remaster for Ps4 and played the first one again, still an amazing game

This is the one im talking about .. Any issues from people? Like to know if this is happen still? Due to a glitch with the "Lair of the Lost Lord" DLC, Side Quest 031: "Bandit's at the Border" is bugged and won't spawn correctly. Due to this, the No Downside trophy_silver.png trophy is now glitched and harder to obtain than it should be.

I think if you can get this game at a discounted price, it is very much worth it.  Its biggest flaw is the relatively easy difficulty overall.  Also, the game is essentially an interactive cartoon, but the voice acting is far sparser than it should've been.  Moreover, the enemy variety is too low for a triple A release.

On the other hand, the controls are tight, there are almost no glitches, and the art direction is absolutely gorgeous.  The sound design is excellent and the music great.  The characters are all wonderfully designed as well.  Each of the major nations are visually distinctive and packed with character.  The major story dungeons are also all unique and distinctive and none of them overstay their welcome.

The game was clearly a labor of love on the part of the developers and I have no regrets getting the collector's edition of the game.  I do think that with a few tweaks, the game could've been an unforgettable classic, however and for that I feel like it's a damn shame it fell short.  As it is, though, I think it is a very good game and if you can get it at a discount, it's definitely worth buying.

Edited by LordBilbanes
  • Like 2

• 9 months later...

I actually encountered a huge DLC bug somehow. So, I bought the Prince Edition for region 3 digital version. It came with a bonus weapon and Season Pass. When they were all done and installed, none of the DLC were open. From the PSN store, it already said "Purchased" and "Installed", but inside the game, nothing. It was still said I haven't bought the DLCs, even the free Adventure Pack.

I tried to uninstall and reinstall, Restoring License, even bought a region 3 physical version of the game, but none of them were working.....Anybody know why?

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/11/2020 at 0:47 AM, big_brother4ever said:

I actually encountered a huge DLC bug somehow. So, I bought the Prince Edition for region 3 digital version. It came with a bonus weapon and Season Pass. When they were all done and installed, none of the DLC were open. From the PSN store, it already said "Purchased" and "Installed", but inside the game, nothing. It was still said I haven't bought the DLCs, even the free Adventure Pack.

I tried to uninstall and reinstall, Restoring License, even bought a region 3 physical version of the game, but none of them were working.....Anybody know why?

Try to open a new thread or to contact the customer care by email (I don't know if they have one).