A question about limited edition

El-Sublime-

Is the limited edition content on disc? Or in a code? Because i've saw some unboxings and there's only one code for online pass, but as far i know, there is no more online pass needed for any EA game.

I know there's no DLC or content needed for trophies, but i just want to buy it used because brand new it's too expensive. And if it is on disc, it would be great have some cars in the garage.

I think it's code only, because I found the following info on Wikipedia and it sounds like none of the pre-order bonus content is accessible any more because EA shutdown the DLC redemption servers:

In addition to the Standard edition, a Limited Edition of the game had been announced, which was originally available only through pre-order. The Limited Edition features numerous bonuses over the Standard edition, including exclusive packaging, instant access to three exclusive cars plus an additional 40 career race events. Coinciding with a shutdown of the Need For Speed Network on March 15, 2018, the Limited Edition content can no longer be unlocked on a new game or if a player's save file doesn't already contain the additional content. If a save file already contains the additional content, it will still work. The Limited Edition was removed from Origin and Steam online stores, but some other online stores still have the Limited Edition" EA DVD for sale (only now it won't work).

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shift_2:_Unleashed

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

• 3 months later...

Sometimes i've bought sealed games with expired codes and it still works i.e Gran Turismo 5 XL, Infamous trilogy or God of War Ascension online pass.

Anyway, there's a section where you must put the code (it doesn't work on the ps store) but it doesn't exist anymore. So that's the reason why even a sealed copy will not work.