S-rank or all missions tasks? what first?

S-ranking or all missions tasks first?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. S-ranking or all missions tasks first?

• S-ranking
    • All Missions Tasks
    • Combination of both
    • Other

So i haven't played this game in over 2 years and I felt like coming back to plat it. My 2 most daunting trophies are the ones for getting all missions S-rank And the trophy for completing all missions tasks. What would your opinion be on what is the best strategy? I can vaguely remember there also being some kind of suit for S-ranking everything i believe. So what do you guys say is the most useful way to approach this?

• Like 1

Personally I went for S-Ranks first, and the reward you get for all S-Ranks makes a few of the trickier mission tasks a little easier, but is by no means necessary. S-Ranks in general are way easier to get than the mission tasks, as you can cheese an incredible amount of the missions (like the cigarette trick with the Eliminate all tanks mission). You can also use the "cheat" items (rank-restricting items, like the all S-Ranks reward) for the mission tasks, so that was another reason I left them for last, as a lot of the mission tasks involve tedious things like listening to conversations or tailing people which is made way easier with that suit. Everyone has their own approach though, but that worked for me.

• Like 1

It's easier and faster to get the S-ranks first. I went for remaining mission tasks after developing the stealth camo and the infinite bandana. You can work on some tasks when you play missions for the first time though, however most of them are easier to complete after developing the stealth camo and the infinite bandana.

Regarding S-ranks, if you throw a smoke grenade in the back of a jeep, when you drive it the enemy won't spot you so you can easily get from one place to another real quick without worrying about alerts. You will need to have at least rank 4 smoke grenades for the smoke to last enough time though. This tactic is really helpful when going for S-ranks.

Regarding Lingua Franca task about listening to all interrogations, you must also listen to the brief conversation between the CFA soldier and the translator at the beginning of the mission for the task to be completed.

You'll also need the best Brehnan sniper rifle you can get to quickly eliminate the armored skulls and the sniper ones as well.

Use the Sneaking Suit for all missions except Metallic Archaea, and Sehalantropus, and specially for their Extreme Versions, for the latter missions use Battle Suit or Parasite Suit with Armor parasites.  Use Quiet with Sinful Butterfly (brehnan) for both Metallic Archaea missions.

For completing the A Quiet Exit mission tasks regarding extracting all tanks and armored vehicles, use parasite suit with armor parasites, it will protect you really well.

Edited by Deceptrox
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, gamesfourever said:

So i haven't played this game in over 2 years and I felt like coming back to plat it. My 2 most daunting trophies are the ones for getting all missions S-rank And the trophy for completing all missions tasks. What would your opinion be on what is the best strategy? I can vaguely remember there also being some kind of suit for S-ranking everything i believe. So what do you guys say is the most useful way to approach this?

S-ranking missions is much easier than doing mission tasks. The most difficult part in S-ranking might be the EXTREME-labelled missions, but they are still relatively doable with video guides. 

Remember, video guides help a lot both for S-ranking and doing Mission Tasks. :D

Don't do a combination of both, it can be too stressful in some missions (or you will even get S-Rank and all tasks completed even if you weren't planning to do it in that mission lol). 

Go to S-Rank first absolutely, as reward you'll unlock Raiden Suit and you'll be able to run like the wind 

S-Ranking first, then the mission tasks. I used Powerpyx's video guides and highly recommend them.

As for the suit, I believe the Parasite Suit (?) actually lowers your rank to A if you wear it. However, it doesn't stop you from completing tasks so go ahead and use it when you're done S-ranking everything.

Edited by AFRising

If you need any other advices or tips about MGS V, just ask me (I've sent you a friend request on PSN). 

I have 176 total hours of playing time on my savefile while actually only 80-90 hours are needed. 

This year I'm going for the second platinum stack on PS3. 

I loved this game so much and it's still a huge emotional missing in my heart after 4 years ? huge as the emotional loneliness caused by completing 1)Bloodborne, 2)Horizon Zero Dawn, 3)Death Stranding, 4)God Of War and 5)Uncharted 4 (my top 5 of PS exclusives in order of appreciation) 

3 minutes ago, AFRising said:

As for the suit, I believe the Parasite Suit (?) actually lowers your rank to A if you wear it. However, it doesn't stop you from completing tasks so go ahead and use it when you're done S-ranking everything.

Yes, using any kind of Suit with perks like Parasite, Lowes down your rank to A. 

But you can use it for the tasks

Edited by tjoe1bkhjtqxm

For Metallic Archaea EXTREME S-Rank

Spoiler

If you have already sent Quiet away, don't worry, or you go with CQC only with the Skulls:

Or you max up the research on Serval Sniper Rifle or Brennan, two real monsters. One of the two is faster reloading after every bullet you shot, the other one is a bit slower but has more pierce damage to break their armor faster (its bullets can even pass through small walls and anyway hit the Skull if he's not too far). 

So it's up to you. 

For the S-Rank on "A quiet Exit" that I think it's even on Extreme, charge yourself with a lot adrenaline and just make rain against enemies and tanks all the lead in the whole world: in this mission (and in all the other, it doesn't matter how many times you ask weapons and supplies ammo drops, it doesn't affect your gain of S-Rank, even if you ask 10 magazines refill, you won't be lowed to A Rank. 

It only matters the time you take, how many times they hit you, the number of Continue and something else I don't remember. 

An annoying mission for all tasks completed is the one where you have to rescue all prisoners when you also have to deal with enemies tanks and ATVs, destroying them before it's too late because they will run away... And at the same time you also have to take care of escaped prisoners and be careful they won't die while you're destroying enemy targets. 

And, yes, it's a bit glitchy mission:it can happen prisoners don't spawn at the exact same place the video guides show you (probably because time is passed and prisoners tend to go away from their primary location, trying to go safe on their own so it will be a pain in the ass finding them in your own. Result= restart the mission. 

I remember it's the only one which gave me issues. 

Speaking of other missions, standard and Extreme, S-rank and all tasks it's all a great joke and they're so fun and entertaining! 

If it has multiple stacks on PS4 like FF XV or The Witcher 3, I will definitely go for all of them, completely ignoring all the upcoming 2020 games LOL

Hope my post has been helpful

1 hour ago, Deceptrox said:

You'll also need the best Brehnan sniper rifle you can get to quickly eliminate the armored skulls and the sniper ones as well.

Serval Sniper Rifle may be better for Metallic Archaea on Extreme, has a bit slower realoding time after every bullet but has more piercing damage (can even pass through small walls and anyway hit the Skull) 

It easier and faster to do ALL tasks first....hear me out

There is a way to spam the 'lil Chick Hat' which grants near God Mode, and with this on you can complete ALL task with NO problems at all FIRST TIME other than gear and awkward mechanics.

With the Lil Chick Hat, no need for stealth so can literally sprint from 1 objective to the next fast and simple.

S rank on the other hand is voided by Chick Hat, but all S ranks require avoiding almost all tasks so you loose loads of challenge unlocks, fultons, etc etc because you re not hanging around.

Also S ranks are MUCH easier with later equipment such as those stealth suits you can get, the armour suit helps as well for some missions just like the mist one.

It all depends on you, if you dont mind, then spam the Lil Chick Hat by turning off game and changing clock 48hours and load back up. Do ALL tasks without having to worry about speed and deaths/alerts etc, then come back and do  S ranks when you have better gear.

Of course, if we're talking about the absolute optimal way, you would do some mission ALL tasks first, some S rank first, and some do both tasks and S ranks at once. It depends on missions really, but guess for a rough outline without a guide, Lil Chick Hat all tasks is good to go with first as you learn the missions easily with no trouble

51 minutes ago, tjoe1bkhjtqxm said:

Yes, using any kind of Suit with perks like Parasite, Lowes down your rank to A. 

Not true, where did you read this??

I can say for 100% SURE that Mist and Armor dont void S rank! Cant remember Camo suit but those 2 dont as I have used them myself

1 hour ago, tjoe1bkhjtqxm said:

Only Stealth Parasite ammo lowers your rank. Mist and Armor ammo doesn't void S-ranks.

Edited by Deceptrox
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Deceptrox said:

Only Stealth Parasite ammo lowers your rank. Mist and Armor ammo doesn't void S-ranks.

And they are still pretty awesome arent they.

Mist almost provides full camo, and with armor, you can almost just run straight into fire without worry.

I remember one of the final mission, where you have all the tanks and enemies coming and you musts destroy, you can literally S rank and do ALL tasks at once on that one with armor suit

10 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

And they are still pretty awesome arent they.

Mist almost provides full camo, and with armor, you can almost just run straight into fire without worry.

I remember one of the final mission, where you have all the tanks and enemies coming and you musts destroy, you can literally S rank and do ALL tasks at once on that one with armor suit

When I went for the mission task that requires you to extract all tanks and armored vehicles in "A Quiet Exit" mission, I used the parasite suit with Mist ammo. I don't remember how I pulled it off, as I think I didn't kill enemies,maybe I even S-ranked the mission, most likely after several retries.

I tried the same strategy a few weeks ago on the PS4 version without luck, I retried it for more than an hour, then I used Armor ammo the next time I played the game and the mission was almost a joke, the Armor ammo and the upgraded Parasite Suit (more ammo duration) are so overpowered. I was more worried on trying to extract the vehicles before they were destroyed by Quiet.

Edited by Deceptrox

1 minute ago, Deceptrox said:

When I went for the mission task that requires you to extract all tanks and armored vehicles in "A Quiet Exit" mission, I used the parasite suit with Mist ammo. I don't remember how I pulled it off, as I think I didn't kill enemies,maybe I even S-ranked the mission, most likely after several retries. I tried that strategy a few weeks ago on the PS4 version without luck, I retried it for more than an hour, then I used Armor ammo the next time I played the game and the mission was almost a joke, the Armor ammo and the upgraded Parasite Suit (more ammo duration) are so overpowered. I was more worried on trying to extract the vehicles before they were destroyed by Quiet.

Oh yea, that was it buddy, yea. The armor suit goes pretty underused for most of the missions doesnt it, but in that one it REALLY shines

Dont think any guides advise on armor for that one, in fact, I think they all say to do tasks and s rank separately, but the armor suit destroys everything on that one

Its funny that alot of people are not aware of the parasite suits effectiveness, cause mist and armor, especially mist trivilise a LOT of missions

12 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Oh yea, that was it buddy, yea. The armor suit goes pretty underused for most of the missions doesnt it, but in that one it REALLY shines

Dont think any guides advise on armor for that one, in fact, I think they all say to do tasks and s rank separately, but the armor suit destroys everything on that one

Its funny that alot of people are not aware of the parasite suits effectiveness, cause mist and armor, especially mist trivilise a LOT of missions

For some missions I used the tactic where you throw a smoke grenade in the back of a jeep to become "invisible" to the enemy.

16 minutes ago, Deceptrox said:

For some missions I used the tactic where you throw a smoke grenade in the back of a jeep to become "invisible" to the enemy.

Oh and that one lol, you know them all bud.

I remember that trick is really good on the skullface mission, think thats the one.

You know the trick for the Quiet mission as well, iirc, the supply drop wont hit, but if you shoot her when the supply drop is 20m above her, then she pauses for a second and it hits her lol.

Trying to think of others......that skull face mission, thats good for farming post patches. Cant remember exactly how it works, but if you load the mission from the mobile computer, fulton all containers, then abort, you are back at the start with all the containers fultoned and respawned ready to go again.

Do you know the trick to spam 'Lil Chick Hat', change your clock forward or back 48 hours, then load game back up and you can use it again xD

4 hours ago, Optinooby said:

Oh and that one lol, you know them all bud.

I remember that trick is really good on the skullface mission, think thats the one.

You know the trick for the Quiet mission as well, iirc, the supply drop wont hit, but if you shoot her when the supply drop is 20m above her, then she pauses for a second and it hits her lol.

Trying to think of others......that skull face mission, thats good for farming post patches. Cant remember exactly how it works, but if you load the mission from the mobile computer, fulton all containers, then abort, you are back at the start with all the containers fultoned and respawned ready to go again.

Do you know the trick to spam 'Lil Chick Hat', change your clock forward or back 48 hours, then load game back up and you can use it again xD

For "Extreme Quiet" mission I equipped a shield and peeked a little by drawing a handgun, if you time it, she will be shooting when the supply drops. It took me a lot of retries on my PS4 run though.

For resources farming, I replayed missions that had red containers in them, or went to those locations on free roam completing all available side ops in the area.

I have never used the Chicken Hat or any trick that featured it.

2 hours ago, Deceptrox said:

For "Extreme Quiet" mission I equipped a shield and peeked a little by drawing a handgun, if you time it, she will be shooting when the supply drops. It took me a lot of retries on my PS4 run though.

For resources farming, I replayed missions that had red containers in them, or went to those locations on free roam completing all available side ops in the area.

I have never used the Chicken Hat or any trick that featured it.

There are 2 types, the Chicken Hat and the Lil Chick Hat.

The Chicken Hat isnt very good and can be used whenever.

And the Lil Chick Hat is basically God Mode, I shit you not! The downside is that it can be used approx once every 36 hours realtime, but that is a way to cheat that using system clock.

You should give it a go sometime, Lil Chick Hat can be quite fun and for those loonnnngggggg missions, it REALLY helps with doing ALL tasks at once!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...