Adding a review section for games

Sarsky

I was thinking that it would be cool if people could give a star rating and review towards games on the site and share opinions on games.

so that if people want to boost/play a game they could see what other people have been saying. 

I know we have game score, metacritic etc but im talking about a rating and review system for trophies and difficulty and a way to advertise and encourage more boosters into playing a game or to avoid a game. 

Its a simple idea and probably not going to be popular but i thought it would be interesting if we could have a section dedicated to rating games and maybe a review section for player feedbac, that isnt paid to endorse. 

• Like 2

i had a similar idea but each to his own on his profile

in each game on the gamers profile you can add the difficulty and game rating so as you click someones page you can just see each games difficulty and rating from that users profile..

its a fast method not in depth

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Hakoom said:

in each game on the gamers profile you can add the difficulty and game rating so as you click someones page you can just see each games difficulty and rating from that users profile..

Agree with this.  People who have actually finished the game and there are some players I enjoy reading their reviews, so being on their page would be a definite plus!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Should the rating and review be in the Guide section then since it would be about the trophies for the game?

Maybe but instead of people doing a guide it would be a review and a star rating could be shown on the games page abd show what people rated it. 

It could be seperated into a star rating and a review or be mandatory for both and rating be shown on the games page. 

2 hours ago, Hakoom said:

Am I misunderstanding you. A person who platinumed or 100% a game can then review a game away from a public score and place it on their own profile? So then what's stopping someone from artificially increasing difficulties and giving 10/10's for Mayo stacks.

As for the initial post. Don't we already kind of have this already. Every time a new trophy lists comes out someone isn't far behind with a "trophy thoughts" thread. Here is where people review the trophy lists and then when it comes out usually gives how hard or time consuming it is. It already works too because this thread has people who are thinking about buying the game, already bought the game, or have already plat'd/100% the game. And its already on a game by game basis.

11 minutes ago, BestUsername---- said:

Am I misunderstanding you. A person who platinumed or 100% a game can then review a game away from a public score and place it on their own profile? So then what's stopping someone from artificially increasing difficulties and giving 10/10's for Mayo stacks.

As for the initial post. Don't we already kind of have this already. Every time a new trophy lists comes out someone isn't far behind with a "trophy thoughts" thread. Here is where people review the trophy lists and then when it comes out usually gives how hard or time consuming it is. It already works too because this thread has people who are thinking about buying the game, already bought the game, or have already plat'd/100% the game. And its already on a game by game basis.

i didn't say 100% i said anyone can review and score the games on a star system, whether or not they like the game and can review it. not only the game whether they like it or not but can also do a trophy review talking about how hard the trophy is, whether its worth the effort or not and if the community on this site like the game and the trophies.

it would be like a trophy thoughts after the game is released but instead it shows a score rating system on whether or not people liked the games and the trophies on the game or thought it was buggy, tedious and etc and can be easier to find and see when viewing a game on the site.

so if you were to search up uncharted 4, people could rate the game and the trophies whether they liked it or not and you will see a star rating on the games banner and you can see how popular that game is to play among the community and whether it is worth going after or to skip, people can then write reviews which you could check in a review section to see what people think about the trophies and difficulty and how fun the game was and instead of it being a massive thread its a organized review board for people to select and choose from different score ratings and see what people said was bad about it and what people liked about it.

similar to a amazon set up i was thinking.

13 hours ago, Sarsky said:

I was thinking that it would be cool if people could give a star rating and review towards games on the site and share opinions on games.

so that if people want to boost/play a game they could see what other people have been saying. 

I know we have game score, metacritic etc but im talking about a rating and review system for trophies and difficulty and a way to advertise and encourage more boosters into playing a game or to avoid a game. 

Its a simple idea and probably not going to be popular but i thought it would be interesting if we could have a section dedicated to rating games and maybe a review section for player feedbac, that isnt paid to endorse. 

I wouldn't oppose such an idea, but people that want to express their opinion on a game already do that by maintaining a Trophy Checklist, and people that care about what others think read those reviews ?

I would still use this feature if it became available, but in addition to my checklist. 

• Like 2