Nervous about missables

Darth_Tokey

I would just do a normal playthrough while making sure to go for Blight-Queller and Traveler at the very least but you can also save and reload for story based choices like ones where you side with certain factions. You can also try and save and reload for the romance trophies too but you will have to do at least part of a second playthrough to romance the male characters as a female. There is one male character you can romance as either sex though, so you can try and either get them done as soon as possible or just wait for your second playthrough.

For Traveler you will have to make sure you visit every area in the game, one of which is a missable area in a quest. I forget the quest and how to get it exactly but it involves going into a mages home. I think it had something to do with finding scrolls in another area. I'm having a hard time finding it for some reason but maybe the trophy guide on here mentions it. The trophy also won't unlock until you are past the point of no return since you will also need to visit the areas in the final battle. I think it unlocks once you get to the final boss.

Blight-Queller is also an odd trophy because I'm pretty sure it used to track your Darkspawn kills across all playthroughs but I guess it got patched out after some time. The best place to get it is during the final battle where there are plenty of Darkspawn to kill, so don't really worry about it until you get to that battle. When you get there, just save and reload after killing a bunch of Darkspawn and you should get it eventually. I'm also pretty sure only your character kills count so try to set your companions back if you can.

The point of no return is when you are supposed to go to an event called the Landsmeet. So when your objective is to go to the Landsmeet that's when you make your save and make sure you get everything you can get. This is also the point where you can get the different endings based on your choices at the Landsmeet.

You might also have to do a couple semi-playthroughs for getting the classes to level 20. Although since you have the Ultimate Edition I think you can get around that by starting the Awakening DLC with a new character that I think just starts out at level 20.

That's about all I can really think of. It's been years since I played the game so I don't remember fully how I did everything other than I know I tied some trophies in with different playthroughs (such as the Intimidation trophies where I tied that in with the Dwarf Origin story and just played as an aggressive Dwarf Warrior that I also think I got to level 20) but I don't think you have to jump through as many hoops since you have the Ultimate Edition.

• Like 2

I was going to give some advice but @Redgrave summed it up beautifully. The Awakening DLC has a couple of missables but if you make a save at the right point you can get one, then reload and get the other. I copy+pasted the following from the wiki:

Vigil's Keep

After the quests The Righteous Path, Last of the Legion and Shadows of the Blackmarsh have been completed, speak to Varel to initiate a confrontation with the nobles in throne room. There will be a messenger reporting an attack on the City of Amaranthine. The Warden-Commander will have to select up to three companions to march with them to Amaranthine (or protect the keep)

So basically you need to make a decision on whether to save the city or your keep. Again, I haven't played this in a while but my guess is to make a save (or two, just in case) before speaking to Varel, finish one route, reload and do the other. Hope this helped. Feel free to yell at me if you need more clarification.

• Like 2

question: what is your play style?...are you looking to get as many trophies per playthrough as possible or just enjoy the game?...if the latter, I would recommend a first playthrough as a female noble...that way you can romance every character other than morrigan...you meet her very early on in a 2nd playthrough...if you have all the dlc including gifts the romances become quite simple...gotta be careful who you talk to and when though...

the PST.org site has an excellent 100% trophy guide if you plan to go that route...i found the one here lacking a bit in detail and I don't like that the dlc is separate guides...

if interested:

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/dragon-age-origins/28419-dragon-age-origins-trophy-guide-road-map.html