Will you be buying the PS5 day one?

Venocide

According to my wishlist, I have about 60 or so games left to buy, and in my library at the present time I have about 25 more, with a mix of them being one and done 30 minute platinum games, and about 50+ of them being games that are going to probably take a week to platinum. So if I take it easy, it is going to take me probably a year or two to platinum all the games I want to, and that will be perfect as there will likely be a price drop and/or a pro version which I would pick up. 

Patient gamers rise up! 

• Like 1

On 13/02/2020 at 9:00 PM, Quink666 said:

Will it be compatible with both Disc and Digital PS4 games? And are there any confirmation from Sony or another credible source stating that it is FULLY backwards compatible with PS4?

Don't believe anything till the show us the ps5

I am not reading anything till i watch the presentation

• Like 1

Well of course. The Slim released almost a year after release right? The Pro released 3 years after the original. So I'm not waiting for that nor even if they release a 'Pro' model I'm not waiting for that either, I'll upgrade them as they come out.

I believe the PS5 will release with some amazing exclusives off the bat.

For those that are saying are going to buy some games before they even get the console, what sense does that make if you care to explain? You can just pick up the games for a lower price when you get the console, right?

I will be getting the PlayStation 5 on launch day later this year (as of today, I already have $300 saved up to invest in one along with another $150 saved up for PS5 launch games). Since it will be backwards-compatible with PS4 games (possibly with PS1/PS2/PS3 as well, if rumors end up being true), I plan to make the jump to gaming full-time on the PS5 whenever SONY decides what day will the PS5 hit the market.

As of now, I will be giving my current PlayStation 4 Pro to my little sister (15) so she get some quality gaming out of it. She has been using my old launch-day PS4 from 2013 (gave to her when I got my PS4 Pro several years ago), and it has been giving her some issues (being unreliable on extended gaming sessions) the past five or so months.

16 hours ago, Toma_Gabriel said:

That's a pretty fake preorder. You pay them way before they have any guarantee. Well amazon does it every time a game in announced. You can pre order announced games way before they are on ps store preorder page or even with a release date.

That's not an official thing.

Sorry if I offended you from your reaction. Didn't mean to.

My point was that there is no official preorder from Sony but only third party. Even I can but a preorder page for the PS5 and when it will be actually out I need to buy them and send to the buyers.

You will just receive them not day 1 probably.

What you on about?? Theres allready couple norwegian sites aswell that has it on pre order. With harsh prices which they will ofc refund when the price gets announced for it.

• Like 1

I'm not sure. I might... It's a bit of a question mark for me, right now.
I do hope that they'll release a proper PS5 Pro right away too and not just wait for a few years again.
For the exclusives, I'll probably end up doing it; although I'm starting to play more active on my PS4 Pro again just now.

I will not buy the PS5 any time soon. I see no point as I’m happy enough with the PS4, I also do not see many changes between the two consoles. There are so many PS4 games I still need to play and I buy everything digital - as far as I know it has yet to be confirmed if digital games transfer to PS5. 

19 minutes ago, LoveInHell said:

I will not buy the PS5 any time soon. I see no point as I’m happy enough with the PS4, I also do not see many changes between the two consoles. There are so many PS4 games I still need to play and I buy everything digital - as far as I know it has yet to be confirmed if digital games transfer to PS5. 

You haven't even seen what the PS5 offers in action. Seeing that is pretty crucial to noticing any changes or differences between the two.

Also, they've confirmed BC with PS4. Crazy how you know they aren't many changes but don't know one of the first features Sony officially announced.

3 minutes ago, TJ_Solo said:

You haven't even seen what the PS5 offers in action. Seeing that is pretty crucial to noticing any changes or differences between the two.

Also, they've confirmed BC with PS4. Crazy how you know they aren't many changes but don't know one of the first features Sony officially announced.

I know its backwards compatible but I heard not fully for digital games. If they’re going to say its only BC for disks, I’m not getting it as I buy everything digital. The PS5 is going to be better but the PS4 is already good enough for me. PS3 > PS4 was a MAJOR improvement, I don’t see the same major improvement from PS4 > PS5. I mean, what? Graphics are better? Frame rates? Its not such a big deal. The hype is definitely not as big (in general) when the PS4 came out. ??‍♀️

Am ecstatic about it but due to some financial constraint, it will have to wait. I've waited long enough for both PS3 and PS4 when they launched

so waiting game for the PS5 shouldn't be that painful.

And besides, I still remember the exact feeling when that Limited Edition MGSV came out and I was like..... deym!!

Adulting is never easy, especially when you have two boys at hand and some house mortgage and the list goes on and on.

( unless maybe, we struck some gold in closing some clients and end up with a huge sales incentives :eyebrow: )

peace out!

-Razgriz-

4 hours ago, Janire1911 said:

For me it completely depends on the games available at launch, if there's something like Horizon Zero Dawn 2 playable on launch day then I'll buy it but otherwise I'll most likely wait.

I feel the same way. For a while I was set on buying it on day one, but I have plenty of PS4 games I still need to play so I probably won't get it on day one unless they announce some pretty good launch titles.