Venocide

Will you be buying the PS5 day one?

536 posts in this topic

Had this question been put to me a year or so ago, then I'd have said yes but life has an odd way of seeing to you.

So as it stands, I will not. I have a ridiculous backlog to catch up on anyway, so it's not as though I'll be missing out on gaming. 

Likely yes but that all depends on how much an RTX 3070 or 3080 cost and how much of a performance gain I get over my 2060 Super. Also if it has nothing good at launch then ill just wait... Bloodborne 2 plz

Yes if PS5 has backward compatibility.

actually it was the same for PS3 & 4 but SONY kept disappointing me.

Posted (edited)

I'm trying to finish as many games as possible to trade-in towards the PS5 on release but really depends on how conclusive the backward compatibility is and how it handles digital PS4 titles, so will see closer to date I suppose.

Edited by SystmOveRide

Posted (edited)

It all depends on the extent of backwards compatibility on day 1. Like OP stated, my backlog of PS3 & PS4 games is pretty insane and a day 1 purchase wouldn't make much sense for me without a highly available BC to keep me busy for awhile. The PS2 and PS3 initial releases were good for this imo, so hopefully Sony replicates what was done with those.

Edited by merciful84

I doubt it but it depends on what games release in the first year.

I will wait for a few years before geting a PS5. The console will get cheaper and maybe a new model and more games will be released by then.

I wasn't in a hurry to get the PS4 so I already have a lot of games I have to catch up with first.

I'll wait until they release The Last of Us 2 Remastered with multiplayer on the PS5.....then I'll buy it.

Probably not until I finish my PS3 backlog.  On sort of a self imposed grounding for buying new things until I clear my backlog up a bit.

I will definitely buy the PS5 at launch. I have a coworker whos like you should wait a year for the bugs to be ironed out but I got the PS4 at launch and literally played the hell out of it for like 5 years till it fell apart. As such I have no concerns about jumping on board day 1. That is if they ever freaking reveal it!

On 3/2/2020 at 2:05 PM, trojbrown40 said:

I'll wait until they release The Last of Us 2 Remastered with multiplayer on the PS5.....then I'll buy it.

Ill honestly be annoyed if they do that. I also think they possibly wont since backwards compatibility will be a thing and its releasing like 5 months before the ps5 comes out.

I want to buy it on release but my backlog is enormous. So il wait until my backlog is finished.

6 hours ago, CLOUD_Strife900 said:

I want to buy it on release but my backlog is enormous. So il wait until my backlog is finished.

If I waited until my backlog was finished then I would never get a ps5 

I'm not sure, it really depends on the game library and exclusives. So far I'm using my Switch more than any other console I own so no rush for me.

No, I always wait 2-3 years before buying a new console

Assuming the PS5 Pro comes out at the same time as rumored, I'll take it instead of the base version. Sony really should have a two-tiered launch. If they don't have a Pro model at launch, I guess there are probably some who would make do with their PS4 Pro until the PS5 Pro is released. One thing I'd like addressed with the backward compatibility? Some PS4 games that target 60 FPS don't stay there always, such as Dark Souls III (it drops to 45 at times), Trails of Cold Steel II (some areas with fog or other effects are framerate death zones), and Hard Reset Redux (notably during the last boss battle), so here's hoping PS5 can get them locked at 60 by throwing more CPU/GPU power at them.

I've heard a guess of $600 for the "top of the line" model. I can bear that... it's actually less expensive than PS3 if adjusted for inflation. Base PS5 I can see hitting $450-500. For the price, I want it to last... hopefully it won't die on me at least until the PS6 is released.

giphy.gif

I have too many PS3 PSVITA and PS4 games to do first and I will wait for a better price. Maybe ill buy it 3 or 4 years after the launch. 

They didn't confirm ps3 backwards compatibility, so no.

I still have more than 100 games in my backlog, so no, maybe 2 years later.

Nope. I'm gonna start next generation with Xbox. I'm going to get PS5 as well, but not immediately.

Posted (edited)

There is no reason for me to purchase this machine at launch. First of all, my backlog includes PS3, PS4 and 360. I still have dozens of games to wrap up. Second, this device will be expensive. Everything under 500 bucks would be a big surprise. I'm still using my very first HD TV which I've bought in 2011. An upgrade in this department has do be done first in order to benefit from better hardware. The final reason is the lack of games. What will be available at launch? Will it be a killer app like Nintendo had with the Switch back in 2017 (The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild)? I doubt it.

Not to mention financial cutbacks due to the corona virus.

Edited by Todd Coward

3 minutes ago, JohnnySplicer90 said:

who wont be? 

Many. Simply read this thread. -_-