Will you be buying the PS5 day one?

Venocide

6 hours ago, Fragtaster said:

<snip>

Oh wow. I appreciate it that you took your time to respond to me. :) Well, yes, your argumentation is solid and I understand/accept/respect your points.

I am not much into music or movies though. Most of my music collection is made up with music from games or violin covers. But, yes, modern music is also not my cup of tea either... I think my most modern song is from 2002 or something. And movies, well, I am unable to watch movies. :D As said, low attention span... A movie would take me a whole day, because I would need to pause it all the time.

And about games... Well... I am not a nostalgic person. Sure I did like for example Pokemon Red on the Gameboy back then... Because it was fantastic and a great game back then. But that is it. It was BACK THEN. Nowadays I would rather play AlphaSapphire or X on the 3DS. I did go back to Red some time ago, because I needed the legendary bird trio for the Bank and... Yeah, I needed to accept that times changed. It did not feel the same. It was just an old game. Great back then, but nowadays boring, simple and limited. You mentioned Zelda. I must say, Breath of the Wild did not catch my interest at all. I mean, what is that game supposed to be? If you would rename and reskin things, nobody would say "Ey, is that a new Zelda game??? <3 "

However, by the quality I am happy with what the PlayStation has to offer these days. Sure, I have some serious crap on my profile too, but that has in fact a psychological reason for me. However, I am currently playing Assassins Creed: Odyssey. I LOVE this game. And I am playing that because I LOVE Assassins Creed: Origins. At first I did not even want to play Origins. I was one of these #notmyAC people. I LOVE Assassins Creed and thought the new fighting system would ruin the franchise (It is actually quite enjoyable and way better than the old one. I am playing on Easy though, because I do not want to waste too much time with fighting.). But I gave it a try. Very late, but I did. And I realized something... It is better to let old things go. It is better to accept that times are changing. Maybe the newer Megaman games suck, because they tried too hard to be like back then? :)

• Like 1

On 25/3/2020 at 7:43 AM, Yoey_666 said:

Some mentioned that the ssd capacity is low with 8xx GB, but in this case you should not forget that the ps5 games will also need 2-3 times less space on your ssd.

You can not compare the size of a ps4 and ps5 because the games will be much smaller.

Actually the PS5 SSD is 2x better than the Xbox X, it is the latest model on the market, 2x faster or more for 175GB? 

It’s amazing how thirsty Xbox needs to win and establish his brand over PS5 with such ridiculous marketing strategy, my country media have publish every single notice they could find to dig Sony (even the typical “X says ...” where X is some random dude) the last week. What is Xbox now, Apple? The damn console is not yet out and they seem to be the overwhelming winners? 

First, calm down dudes, there is still more than half year before they release, and Sony hasnt even started yet to promote anything to the public.

Secondly, the previous developers conference was to show off how much PS5 is built to make developers life easier and deliver much much better games than in Xbox, of course, its all hidden in technical language, so its not good marketing material, but it wasnt meant to be, yet M$ uses every opportunity, even spreading mislead information.

You won’t find this on any media: 

• Like 1

100%. I might even be one those that que over night. There's nothing I'm more looking forward to this year and my girlfriends 6 months pregnant.

I've been saving up for a while now to get the best TV available, possibly 8k but I think the best strategy with that will be to wait on the PS5 pro being released in a few year when 8k might be more of a realistic option with AAA games and the TV's are more reasonably priced.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, BlackTorito said:

Actually the PS5 SSD is 2x better than the Xbox X, it is the latest model on the market, 2x faster or more for 175GB? 

It’s amazing how thirsty Xbox needs to win and establish his brand over PS5 with such ridiculous marketing strategy, my country media have publish every single notice they could find to dig Sony (even the typical “X says ...” where X is some random dude) the last week. What is Xbox now, Apple? The damn console is not yet out and they seem to be the overwhelming winners? 

First, calm down dudes, there is still more than half year before they release, and Sony hasnt even started yet to promote anything to the public.

Secondly, the previous developers conference was to show off how much PS5 is built to make developers life easier and deliver much much better games than in Xbox, of course, its all hidden in technical language, so its not good marketing material, but it wasnt meant to be, yet M$ uses every opportunity, even spreading mislead information.

You won’t find this on any media: 

You know what I found interesting and I'm not sure if the SSD in the Series X will be capable off but the fact Sony demonstrated that with their read speeds you only need to render the graphics in the field of view in game meaning less resources needed to have a whole area rendered in, which could negate some of the raw compute numbers between the two.

@Fragtaster Am I a Sony Fanboy, just because i’m pointing out that in my country, media and social masses  tried to bring down Sony on the last week? It was so obvious that it was ridiculous, I was pointing out how Xbox is trying to change their brand perception to customers at the cost of Sony’s, its and obvious marketing move, its essential. I was not comparing them to a failed Apple, what?

We are talking about business division strategy, not MS corporate strategy, which is really different.

If you really think Xbox is minding their own business, then maybe you are the one with fairy tails in your head. They are not going to directly tell you, obviously. The fact is people rarely has Xbox and PS on the same house, they are direct competition, they share almost the same Market, why would Xbox invest money on new studios then? Obviously, MS is really big, more so than Sony, so they have other potential business lines, and they can afford to do it, but we are talking about Xbox here.

——

I have seen the English media reacting to how everything blow last week, so excuse me, but its not me on my world. But ok for you I guess lol, I won’t call you “Xbot” honestly, I’ve never cared for console wars, I’ve never denied that Xbox were the most powerful (and I don’t care either way), I was talking about real value in the end.

I just vent to somehow equal the balance that media disrupts, because its not something they do exclusively on business, they do on politics and other fields. So calm your bigheadedness, just because you dont have the same viewpoint doesnt mean everyone is on their own world.

edit: BTW, I’m not the guy on the video... ??‍♂️

Edited by BlackTorito

• 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, Titanomachy_75 said:

Number 1 rule of thumb NEVER EVER buy console on day 1 too many bugs ...I bought on day 1 3 times 2 had bugs so, Even I bought but not again :)

I never had much issue. Even my day one 360 lasted until 2013. That's when it experienced the RROD.
I've owned many consoles and never had issues with the 1st revision even when newer models changed some parts, before even assuming bugs existed.

1 hour ago, TJ_Solo said:

I never had much issue. Even my day one 360 lasted until 2013. That's when it experienced the RROD.
I've owned many consoles and never had issues with the 1st revision even when newer models changed some parts, before even assuming bugs existed.

You are lucky lol I got the rrod lol as well ... And my ps3 just died :) The best console to date is my 3do and sega genesis  I still play them and yes nothing wrong with them :) AHHH The good ol days of gaming :)

Unless it's a Nintendo console, I always wait for at least the first revision of any Sony or Microsoft console before buying one where they fix any major issues from the launch models (usually involves either disc drive or cooling mechanism).

Edited by drlight66

Always best to wait a year to see how things hold up for early adopters. The console also needs a proper reveal before I can determine my personal hype level. The hardware sounds fantastic so far but we know nothing about the software. I can't get hyped for a console before its games are known.

• Like 1