Will you be buying the PS5 day one?

Venocide

I'm still waiting for a more "proper" reveal of the system, games and features but if that pans out to be more... acceptable than the "dive" we got earlier this year (yikes) then I'll say day one for me. Considering it's many months away still, I've already saved hand over fist the $500-600 it'll probably cost. Will probably buy as a early Christmas gift to myself. I'd say don't buy at all it if you're in financial hard ship right now, but I don't see a reason to wait if you're not especially because of backwards compatibility. You can play all these new games coming out on your shiny new PS5. But considering the fact they are probably not going to make too many PS5's I wonder if I can even get my hands on one. . . 

This will be the first time I've been on the "cutting edge" of a new system. Usually I had to wait for my parents to buy things for me and always missed new console releases, now I can buy things myself, so this will be exciting!

Right now it's not a matter of will I be buying it day one, but can I buy one day one. I've been living in China for the past year and won't be going anywhere else anytime soon, so we'll see what happens. As it stands, I probably won't be buying day one, but a couple of decent launch reveals could always change that 

• Like 1

On 5/8/2020 at 9:46 PM, Darling Baphomet said:

I disagree on that. It has an immense boost in processing power, SSD means instant loading, and even the PS4's early exclusives - namely Infamous and Killzone - were absolutely gorgeous. Even if the difference is only 60fps instead of 30, imagine God of War or Horizon in stable 60fps. That being said... there won't be many exclusives for the first year or two, anyway, so you'll probably be fine waiting for a bit.

Well even though you make good points. I just dont think we see the jump in graphics/gameplay that will warrant a purchase for a few years. I'm usually a day one guy with new consoles, but idk theres just something about the way Sony has handled the marketing and communication to this point that I just dont like. Not stressing it to much though. I've got a backlog of games from PS4/PS3 a mile long to keep me busy. 

Edited by CB7Tuner91
  • Like 1

Waiting for reaveal, probably will wait, my backlog is long anough to keep me busy but if they will show a list for ps4-compatible games and/or will have trophy progress system then im in. SSD alone makes me hesitate

• 3 weeks later...

I'm definitely getting it on day 1.  I've done that for all of my Playstation consoles with the exception of my PS1 and I've never had an issue with any of them near release.  My day 1 PS4 is starting to finally have a few issues, but it's had a good long life and I'm getting a PS4 Pro later in June with my TLoU2 pre-order, so it just has to last one more month!

I might, depends on game lineup and What games are backward compatible. I’m pretty bug on my far cry games so I want them to be able to play (mostly 5, love mucking around on 5 with friends) and I’d like to hope I’d ps3 can be played on it maybe the sly cooper series?  It all depends. I just don’t think I’d buy the first model either. I’d wait for a couple of months or the slim version. 

No. I'll wait for a good catalogue of games to build up and for the console to reduce in price. I have hundreds of games in my backlog and dozens more I'd like to play on this generation console so plenty to keep  me busy until the PS5 is on sale!! 

I wont be able to throw my money fast enough at the cashier when this comes out on day one.

There are tons of rumors that it might cost as much as $600 and people are freaking out. Hell, most of the people reading the damn article are reading it on a thousand dollar iphone. And you have a problem spending half that on a gaming system? ?

• Like 1

I'm not sure, but I will buy it quite early. I have a very old version of PS4 with only 400gb of storage. I keep having to delete and install games if I want to play something different. It's also had quite a few problems lately, with annoying lagging and crashing once in a while. I haven't seen the point in buying a new one, because it still does work reasonably well, but I'd love to just buy the best version of PS5 that I can get my hands on this year.

Early adopting the PS4 was a mistake for me, highly unlikely to bite day one on PS5. Lots of games to play on PS4 Pro still, and hell maybe i'll even wait for the 2nd version or "PS5 Pro". If for some reason Sony blows it out of the park with guaranteed day one/month one exclusive AAA games I might reconsider. Or a "roadmap" to good new games in the first year, but that's very unlikely. I spent most of first year of owning my PS4 playing my PS3 and PC due to lack of any software to play.

I also may still not have a job in holiday 2020 (laid off from pandemic atm) and won't want to piss away that much money. Regardless if Sony somehow blows the doors off this PS5 reveal (whenever it's rescheduled for).

I intend to, yes. My PS4 appears to be on its last legs and it seems pointless now to upgrade to a Pro. I had to cancel my planned trips to Germany and Turkey this summer due to COVID, so I already have the money sat there waiting for launch. :)

Yup buying it regardless of price or launch titles. I am too deep into the ecosystem and need to have the system on day 1. I had no issues buying the PS4 at launch and even upgraded to the Pro during Pro's launch after selling off my base ps4. I still have tons of ps4 titles to catch up though so I'm hoping the backwards compatibility isnt terrible on day 1