Will you be buying the PS5 day one?

Venocide

5 minutes ago, cometowner said:

Since PS5 won't support full backward compatibility, then NO.

When did they say this? I heard them say that 4000+ titles from the PS4 will work on the PS5 and the top 100 titles will get a boost mode (enhanced graphics). The PS5 is literally using the same chip as PS4, so full compatibility will most definitely be the case, right? I’m not a technology expert but this looks pretty simple.

I will probably get one as soon as I can, my PS4 is slowly breaking apart so I hope it holds up till the PS5 comes out

3 minutes ago, LoveInHell said:

When did they say this? I heard them say that 4000+ titles from the PS4 will work on the PS5 and the top 100 titles will get a boost mode (enhanced graphics). The PS5 is literally using the same chip as PS4, so full compatibility will most definitely be the case, right? I’m not a technology expert but this looks pretty simple.

They are based on the fact Iceland PlayStation website does not have the info about the backwards compatibility. 

Most games will work on the PS4, the games only 100 people own not so much 

Not at all. My mood for PS5 went down the drain when it was confirmed it wouldn't have retrocompatibility from PS1-PS4 and from what Sony showed on their first line-up, the only game that got my attention was Demon's Souls and even that i already played and finished on PS3. 

Edited by Sigma999

33 minutes ago, Sigma999 said:

Not at all. My mood for PS5 went down the drain when it was confrimed it wouldn't have retrocompatibility from PS1-PS4 and from what Sony showed on their first line-up, the only game that got my attention was Demon's Souls and even that i already played and finished on PS3. 

Where's that confirmation?

5 hours ago, LoveInHell said:

i have doubt ... may they said but 4000 full backward is insane number .. 

PS4 is the best console ever made 

3 hours ago, Sigma999 said:

Not at all. My mood for PS5 went down the drain when it was confrimed it wouldn't have retrocompatibility from PS1-PS4 and from what Sony showed on their first line-up, the only game that got my attention was Demon's Souls and even that i already played and finished on PS3. 

Seriously? So playing old console games is why you decide on a new console? Because no machine, not even a super powerful PC, can do what you want, and won’t for the foreseeable future. So, are you just going to not play any post PS4 game?

3 hours ago, TJ_Solo said:

Where's that confirmation?

It was just announced PS4 compatibility for like 100 games at start , not even all as i was expecting.

8 minutes ago, TomataEighty9 said:

No. That's the short answer.

I'm gonna wait for a ps5 exclusive i can't live without.

Untill Rockstar releases GTA 6, RDR 3 or L.A. Noire 2, i'm good with my ps4.

Rockstar might take a good awhile to release a "new" game if GTA V still produces so much profit.

53 minutes ago, thefourfoldroot said:

Seriously? So playing old console games is why you decide on a new console? Because no machine, not even a super powerful PC, can do what you want, and won’t for the foreseeable future. So, are you just going to not play any post PS4 game?

I don't fall into the hype, i have so much backlog to go with , no need to just the PS5 boat any time soon. Having a console with All home PS consoles in one it's actually a real good incentive for me , if it plays physical games since i hav a bunch of PS1 ,PS2 and PS3 games in my collection.

Edited by Sigma999

8 minutes ago, Sigma999 said:

It was just announced PS4 compatibility for like 100 games at start , not even all as i was expecting.

Rockstar might take a good awhile to release a "new" game if GTA V still produces so much profit.

I don't fall into the hype, i have so much backlog to go with , no need to just the PS5 boat any time soon. Having a console with All home PS consoles in one it's actually a real good incentive for me , if it plays physical games since i hav a bunch of PS1 ,PS2 and PS3 games in my collection.

Fair enough, if you just want to wait. I have a big backlog too, but would rather play them with reduced load times and maybe better performance. I’ve got hundreds of PS1 and 2 games also, but zero inclination to play them without trophies as I’ve done it before and they were all single player games I finished. It certainly wouldn’t impact my decision to buy a new console, but we’re all different.

That's just PS4 games that can run in a boosted mode on PS5

4000+ PS4 games will work but not be given any  boosted performance until they are tested/updated

Even if a PS5 is only BC with PS4, it is still more than what you have now, more than what you bought the PS4 for.
There's no console known that would fit your "ideal" level of BC. 

Making BC that determining factor after buying a console with 0 BC is a bit....odd.

Edited by TJ_Solo
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, TJ_Solo said:

That's just PS4 games that can run in a boosted mode on PS5

4000+ PS4 games will work but not be given any  boosted performance until they are tested/updated

Even if a PS5 is only BC with PS4, it is still more than what you have now, more than what you bought the PS4 for.
There's no console known that would fit your "ideal" level of BC. 

You're right there , however i don't see me going on PS5 until it drops a couple of desired and wanted games for me, i only bought the PS4 in 2017 anyway.

No... I got my Ps4 kinda late, so I still have a tons of games from it to play

But if the "compatibility" with the others consoles happens, I don't see why not to buy it("5" consoles in one),

I'm minor though, guess I'll have to wait my Ps4 to crash to my dad buy another console ?

If I had a choice, I would wait a while, because:

The "compatibility" is doubtful to me, I will wait for someone to confirm it first

In its launch won't be much games for us to play, I'm hyped for the SP, but I wouldn't buy the ps5 just for it

Money and I live in Brazil.

The main problem, for me, is if the "compatibility" isn't what we expect.

Yes, if I can I will; however, I told my girlfriend this generation I will be holding back many games I normally get.  This is mostly because I want to get her a ring, and we both have had the children discussion which I do want and those of course will cost plenty of time and money, lol.

Other reasons include that I still have a massive backlog on my PS4 and I need to play and complete my games there... and as I get older I am feeling more nostalgic and want to re-play some older games across the various systems I have.

Edited by shadowTECnology
  • Like 1

Honestly, I would not buy the PS5 until the eventual PS5.5 or whatever streamlined version of PS5 that would eventually come out. As I recall there were 3 versions of PS3, 3 Versions of PS4. I don't see the point in buying the PS5 version that may have the issues that would have been ironed out in the later versions. Plus my backlog is way too big to justify getting the PS5 for the year or even next year.

• Like 1