Will you be buying the PS5 day one?

Venocide

I'm waiting for ps5 pro.

Reasons:

• being an early adopter gives you a limited catalogue...
  • ... with no games on sale (I barely buy games day one)
  • looks like they are going to take their time anyway, adapting the firmware for a 100% compatibility with ps4
  • I don't trust all AAAs being 4k native on regular ps5. More like 2k or similar, upscaled to 4K. Or many 4K games with bad framerrate. The RT technology consumes too many resources.
  • as a PSVR enthusiast, the more power to move my blurry games, the better
  • I still have a huge backlog of ps3, ps4 and even Vita games. I guess I could play ps4 games on ps5, but not ps3 and vita ones. For example I have both Tales of Symphonia platinums waiting for me, and those already need ~300 hours.

I'm on the fence but leaning towards getting it. The only system I've ever bought on launch was the Switch and I probably should of waited for a bit for some games to come.

The PS5 however will have Yakuza 7 and I believe the Demons' Souls remake on launch so it's definitely piqued my interest. Even with that being said, Yakuza 7 is coming to PS4 and it's not like I haven't played Demons' Souls before so it's gonna be hard to decide unless they announce something else big.

Edited by The_UW_98

While i want to, I don't think I will especially in the economic climate we have now and the fact I have a crazy backlog on multiple consoles. I think it might be a couple years before i get one or when there is a revision of console, like the PS4 Pro. 

I know I will be jealous looking at all the reviews and lets play of the games though. 

10 minutes ago, xABathingApe said:

So I can budget for it and be able to pay off the pre-order before the console releases

It'll probably be 500USD, you don't need to know the price to save up money for it

I already saved for it in advanced so I'll get it at release

I'm still very undecided... I'd love to be part of the 'Day-One Train' with all the fantastic titles that have been announced so far, but on the other hand there is still so much to play with the PS4 and the contemporary releases, which will be fun for sure, will also require a lot of time. I'm just thinking about Marvel's Avengers, Mafia Definitive Edition, Crash Bandicoot 4, Dirt 5, Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga, Watch Dogs Legions, Cyberpunk 2077, Assassin's Creed Valhalla, XIII Remake,... Did I miss something? I bet there are even some more upcoming gems out there and as stated above it feels somehow unnecessary to upgrade before diving into all these games. It's probably also a matter of time, since not all of us can rush through all the upcoming PS4 games prior the PS5 release due to other commitments. No matter how you decide - I don't think you can make anything wrong with either decision this time!

I will wait for mid to late 2021 (at best), not only because it'll be hard to get one on release date according to the rumors but also I live in Uruguay, South America, and on release, the PS4 and XB1 were either around $1200 (blame customs tax for that...).

I waited until they were more affordable (close to $600 I think it was)

Edited by mordeckai81