Will you be buying the PS5 day one?

Venocide

Going to try and get it day one for the disc based version. If not, it's not a big deal to me. I have a ton of backlog to get through anyways so I'm set for awhile.

Side note, very curious on which games will be able to run on the PS5 for the the PS4 backwards compatibility feature.

On 9/9/2020 at 1:32 PM, RedDevil757 said:

Doubtful I'll get one at all. I still feel this is my last gaming generation.

I'm somewhat in the same boat as you.  On the one hand, I would like to buy a PS5 eventually and play some of its games, but this won't happen until at least 2023.

On the other hand, I still have a fairly large PS4 backlog to get through, which will keep me going for another 2 years or so, and I'll be in my early 40s by the time I finish them all (if I finish them all).  As someone who's been gaming since the late 80s, I somewhat feel that I just don't have it in me to keep going with yet another console and generation of games.

Looks like “I’ll” be buying it day one (if available) but making “myself” wait until Christmas.

Basically the wife wants to get it for me as a Christmas present so now I have to wait! Lol. Was going to buy it anyway, so now we “save” £450. I think that’s how it works anyway.

i saved the money for it last month too. So that’s a little annoying.

I'm gonna wait. I have a lot to do in my PS3 and 4 and I don't usually buy consoles first day. 

I normally wait like 1-2 years (or even more!) to buy them. 

I even think that I'm gonna buy another PS4 first hahaha.

I'd buy it first day if there is a game that I say: "OMGGGGGG I can't wait till I play this" but it's not the case. I can wait, the patience is the mother of all sciences, isnt it?

Edited by Puppeter04

I was about to wait on PS4 but then when it was sold everywhere I wanted it so bad that I paid more on eBay, but hey, that's me cannot control my inner demon sometimes.

Good thing is that I still own my first gen PS4 without a problem ever since. Want to give the PS5 also a day 1 chance if I get one.

For me, the answer has never been so easy when approaching a new console generation: No. Absolutely fucking no.

Both Microsoft and Sony haven't given me a single reason to even spark any form of interest in buying their new devices. They have nothing to offer. Nothing. At all. No interesting games have been announced yet. I'm actually going back in terms of gaming by building a collection based on PS1, PS2, PS3 and 360. Let's be honest: 2000 until 2008 was the golden age of gaming before all went down to shit.

The video game industry makes more money than ever before, but at the same time being in an abysmal state. Why the fuck should I even THINK about spending at least 500 moolah? This is lunacy! Depending on how things will play out, I won't get a new console until 2022. Maybe I'll never buy a new console if the industry keeps on sliding down that downward spiral that it's on since 2010. The only newer system that might end up in my house in the near future is the Nintendo Switch. Everything else is out of the question.

• Like 2

Not sure if I will get at launch as they have run into production issues and today revised their estimated units output downward for 2020.  I also don’t love the launch lineup or lineup even in the first year so no rush.  Also, my PS4 backlog is MUCH greater than my PS3 backlog was.

On the other hand, I don’t expect the price of the console to go on much of a sale within a year or two (maybe bundled with a game you may or may not want) so might as well get it now.

As far as the gaming, I look very forward to the PS5.  I enjoyed the PS4 generation so much more than the PS3 generation.  Better visuals of course, but also much improved gameplay and controls (and controller).  Also, the games have become deeper and more immersive.  The future looks bright!

1 minute ago, djb5f said:

Not sure if I will get at launch as they have run into production issues and today revised their estimated units output downward for 2020.  I also don’t love the launch lineup or lineup even in the first year so no rush.  Also, my PS4 backlog is MUCH greater than my PS3 backlog was.

On the other hand, I don’t expect the price of the console to go on much of a sale within a year or two (maybe bundled with a game you may or may not want) so might as well get it now.

As far as the gaming, I look very forward to the PS5.  I enjoyed the PS4 generation so much more than the PS3 generation.  Better visuals of course, but also much improved gameplay and controls (and controller).  Also, the games have become deeper and more immersive.  The future looks bright!

The production issues are lies. Sony confirmed that they haven't changed the start of mass production and they don't openly share manufacturing issues. 

5 minutes ago, TJ_Solo said:

The production issues are lies. Sony confirmed that they haven't changed the start of mass production and they don't openly share manufacturing issues. 

Ok, I see the update of Sony refuting.  I am surprised Bloomberg ran with the story; they normally have their stuff together.

Definitely pre-ordering, but it probably won't arrive for a few days after launch. I was hoping to be at a store like I used to see on all the old videos of various past launches but COVID-19 put paid to that. I don't mind though as long as I get one.

Hopefully I'll be able to get it day one. But there won't be many games for it at launch. Not including Assassins Creed: Valhalla and Spider-Man: Miles Morales. I'm most interested in the newest installment of Resident Evil. Looks damn good to pass up on the new console. Picking off extra titles like, Dying Light 2 or Outlast Trials. 

Edited by MaximumCarnage23