Will you be buying the PS5 day one?

Venocide

I got mine pre-ordered last night. 

$500+tax is a lot cheaper than I was expecting (I'm in Canada, and I got the digital edition cuz I haven't bought a physical PS4 game in years). I expected $600-800.

The reason I can't wait is my PS4 backlog. 99% backwards compatible is amazing news, and I don't want to use my launch PS4 any longer than I have to. If I had a PS4 Pro, I might've been tempted to wait a bit longer... and then still bought PS5 day one, cuz I can afford it.

I don't care about PS1+2+3 BC, at this point most of those games are too old, graphically and design-wise, to appeal to me. And I still have my PS3 & its backlog, but I haven't turned it on in 5 years, so what makes me think I'd want to play PS3 games on PS5?

Negatives:

New AAA games will cost $90 here .. gonna be waiting for sales unless it's something totally must-have. I mean, I was already doing that this gen, with games priced at $80.

While Demon's Souls and Miles Morales look amazing, none of Sony's first party launch games are must-have games for me. I do want to play Miles & Sackboy, but will wait for price drops.

Lack of an optical audio port is disappointing for me, because that's how I hook up my speakers to my PS3/4. Gonna have to figure something out.

Edited by peffsi
  • Like 2

Absolutely not. I want to see how it does, first. So many electronics are released, and a LOT of them are completely broken at launch. I am letting other people be the guinea pigs. Also, I would be buying the non-digital one, so I am probably going to wait until it decreases in price.

The more I hear about this console, the less enthused I am.  I'm sure I'll get one at some point but probably next Summer at the earliest.

The three games I was most excited for are all getting released for PS4 so I'll probably just be playing Horizon, Spiderman and Sackboy on PS4.  I think I'm going to make a personal goal of cleaning up my PS3 backlog before I get PS5.  That way I can retire that console and move my PS4 into it's spot in my attic.  

• Like 1

Yup, I was lucky to get one pre-ordered through Target.

I tried to get a 2nd one at bestbuy.com (don't worry it's for my friend, absolutely not scalping) but their website absolutely couldn't handle the traffic and by the time I was able to checkout they were sold out. Got the email from Sony, so I'm going to try again tomorrow.

15 minutes ago, FilooGaroo said:

Preordered by bestbuy - did not received the email confirmation ——

Even though I get almost all emails from Best Buy in my main inbox, the confirmation for my pre-order dropped into my junk mail.  May want to check there if you haven't.  It also took about an hour after the purchase to arrive.

Wasn't actually going to, but found it difficult not preordering one since I got all Playstations in the past on launch day that I could. Was lucky enough my local store still had a few available to preorder, so I am getting one with Demon's Souls possibly. Also find it will help if I'm not lucky enough at getting a RTX 3070, and there will always be games I opt to play on console anyway.

On 11.05.2020 at 11:04 AM, Snaki-0 said:

Waiting for reaveal, probably will wait, my backlog is long anough to keep me busy but if they will show a list for ps4-compatible games and/or will have trophy progress system then im in. SSD alone makes me hesitate

Update:
So yep, preordered

I've pre-ordered one but honestly in the days following that, as more and more information comes to light, I don't know whether to cancel it. The large game sizes with the relatively small SSD, the way Sony haven't been that forthcoming about what's and exclusive and what isn't (not that the launch games being cross gen bothers me, it's more the worry about what else they could be hiding), the rumours circulating that they will launch a black one after only letting us get white...

And then there is yesterday's big Bethesda news, but the information on how that will affect us remains unknown. 

I don't have the income to purchase more than one console per gen,  and I have stuck with the PlayStation ecosystem since I was a child, so I doubt I will jump ship. I am more in doubt as to whether to jump to next gen immediately.

Absolutely yes!
I bought every PS Day-1 since PS2, so there is no way I'm gonna miss that.
Back in 1995 I didn't think Sony would make it against Sega and Nintendo - haha, how wrong I was.
I ordered 2 from 2 different stores, just to be safe, and need a least 2 anyway.