Will you be buying the PS5 day one?

Venocide

Well although some ppl would I'll probably wait this out since im not really a huge fan of The White color for The PS5 but Does it come with Black?haha yeah i would sit this one out and wait for a better and improve Version Quote 

"A New Model" would be great to see what upcoming variety of color designs for these models Would Look like. But like always 

"I'M GAME" for whatever.

Obviously i would since There are Future titles im really looking for to try out Such as. 

-Devil May Cry 5 Special edition (PS5)

-Spider-Man Miles Morales/Spider-Man (Remastered Version)Can't wait to go back and Revist This since it is the best Spider-Man Game so far. 

-Batman Gotham Knights (PS5)

This could go on to keep it Short

I would gladly buy a (PS5)Tho I'll wait for New models so yeah that was pointless to say i would.

-Would buy a Black Color version tho -

Yeah so I'll wait this one out.50/50 must Have.

Not getting one at launch but picking up spider-man miles morales UE for when I do get the system, only way I can justify the price of the standalone expansion/story especially when the PS4 version for the story is going to be the same price of £52, the way the pricing has gone is pretty harsh right off the bat. I'd love to justify sackboy a big adventure (especially with the special edition being leaked out I love that plushie) but I'll probably wait for a nice special edition system either horizon or god of war should hopefully have one, more tempted by the latter especially if there are runes on the console.

Only was going to get the pissstation 5 if it had backwords come pact with ps1 to 4 on it but I rather wait for it to drop down in both price and see how it all pans out. xbox series xxl is looking ok but still couldn't really careless as I wanted ps5 to do it from ps1 to 4 due to all the games I loved back in the day being on ps2 and 3. sure I can plug in my console and so on for the older consoles but they are older systems and buying new parts for them is a bitch same goes for things that are older in general.

I mean, I want to really play the suffering 1 and 2 on ps4 and or 5 just so I can stream it and not deal with so much bs but yeah. in sony's eyes it is too much hard work even though xbox and Nintendo have been doing this for the last few years now more on the big N's side as wii and ds and gamecube was able to play past consoles/ handhelds on there like ds with Gameboy advance games and the wii with gamecube games and gamecube with Gameboy advance and colour if I remember right. 

I wasn’t going to purchase a PS5 until more exclusives release, but then Sony announced Demon Souls as a launch title. I have no experience with the souls games outside a few hours I played back in 2014, so this game is a great starting point. Plus the PS5 will double as a PS4 game enhancement since I don’t have the pro model. It’s the first console I ever preordered and will be getting day one (assuming shipping won’t get delayed lol). 

Edited by xHydroBoltx

I didn't find out that preorders were open until 20 or 30 minutes after they had started to go live and it was pretty much too late after that; was saying sold out everywhere and my cart on Bestbuy was frozen for 2 hours before they told me they were sold out.  Very depressed, I resolved to check Amazon every 10 minutes once I got to work the next day.  I then went to sleep for about an hour and a half only to wake up and find that I had slept through Amazon going live and selling out in less than 20 minutes.  Completely defeated, I decided to try one more time on Bestbuy, even though I had been told by them that they were sold out, and I managed to push a preorder through in only about 5 minutes at around 2:30 in the morning, confirmation received and everything.  I think that that site's just not designed for that amount of traffic and the sold out notice I and so many received was akin to an error message.  But 6 hours after the preorders went live, word had gotten out that it was sold out and enough people had stopped trying that it was finally working.  Same thing was probably happening with it with XBox, I know it was frozen solid when I checked after they went live.

Typically I've had a lot of bad luck with my launch window systems.  My Playstation I got on my birthday 3 months after its release, couple of years later it broke and had to be replaced.  My PS2, I finally found in a Walmart 5 months after release, couple of years later it broke and had to be replaced.  My launch day 360 broke and had to be replaced.  My launch day PS3 broke and had to be replaced (Ratchet and Clank Future Tools of Destruction is still stuck inside of it).  My first console that's had heavy play consistently for its entire life span since my Nintendo 64 and has lasted would be my PS4.  Got it on launch day, I've used it more than any other console ever, if I'm not playing a game then I'm using it to stream Hulu or Amazon or Netflix or whatever, I haven't had cable TV in years, but it's still working fine.  I hope that luck holds.  With Caronavirus affecting how many units they've been able to make, I hope that that hasn't influenced any quality control in the manufacturing process.  And if it has, I hope I'm one of the lucky ones.  I know that it's risky but since I'm responsible for my money now, I'm not a kid anymore who has to wait for birthdays and Christmas, I don't want to wait.  It would maybe be the smart thing to do, and I can certainly understand waiting, it's what a lot of people I know are doing, but I'm not going to, I'm going to be there on launch day and I'm looking forward to it.

Edited by Cherrywood

Personally would love to be able to buy one on release with all the potential titles that are coming to the PS5, but I will probably edge on the side of caution and wait until early 2021 before I invest into one. As a long time supporter to the PlayStation systems with getting them on day one, it will be unusual for me to not be grabbing a PS5 on launch; but with my never ending backlog growing across the PS3 & PS4 now isn't the time, besides I doubt i'll run out of games to play in the meanwhile ?

Edited by kRiZz_93
  • Like 1

I was actually planning to buy it next summer but I changed my mind as quite a lot of my backlog game will benefit from faster loadings, and placed the pre-order. Well, I was a few hours late to the party and it looks like I'll be getting it January/February anyway. If I'm lucky.

Secured the GameStop Starter Bundle today at 1:00PM EST. Spammed refresh and eventually got it in my cart. Completed the cart process in 30 seconds. Still holding out hope that I can get that cancelled because the 2 games do not interest me and I am good on PS Plus well into 2021. Also would like to get something for Day 1. This was more for backup purposes just in case nothing else comes up.

Got the camera and media remote through Best Buy and got the charging dock through Sony directly. Trying to find the Pulse Headset now.

Got one for myself and one for my youngest son, my eldest had already asked for a new phone for Christmas but wishes he got a ps5 now too.

Also going in digital only for the first time in a gen, i only have a handful of discs left now and to be honest i dont need a game room or wall of games at my age. 

12 minutes ago, FoxRDT said:

No PS5 until my backlog of PS3, PS VITA, and PS4 games is completely cleared... or my PS4 stops working.

If I went with that logic ps6 would be out before I got a ps5....

I went from probably not to a solid no when they announced miles and horizon and coming to ps4... as of now there are no games coming to ps5 that I want to play that are not also coming for ps4... leaving me no reason to want a ps4... plus its ugly...

• Like 2

On 22/09/2020 at 10:43 AM, Trini said:

Preordered through the playstation website via invitation. I just wish they would showcase the UI already

I’m with you, I’m excited to see the new UI. I’m hoping for something good. I’ve seen a few concepts from people and I hope at least a few of the features from them are actually in the real UI.

Specifically things like; play time tracking, individual trophy progress, being able to pin certain games to the Home Screen..

But not long to wait now, still waiting to find out if the store I’m getting it from will be doing a midnight launch.

• Like 1

On 9/26/2020 at 9:21 AM, GizMo_The_Great said:

I’m with you, I’m excited to see the new UI. I’m hoping for something good. I’ve seen a few concepts from people and I hope at least a few of the features from them are actually in the real UI.

Specifically things like; play time tracking, individual trophy progress, being able to pin certain games to the Home Screen..

But not long to wait now, still waiting to find out if the store I’m getting it from will be doing a midnight launch.

Trophy progress would be a great deal alone for many, I never get why they failed to implement such a beneficial feature in the first place, but hopefully, they listened to feedback from the community and provide us with one. On another note, you can probably try calling your store to see if they are partaking in a midnight release, I know some aren't doing so but you never know.