Will you be buying the PS5 day one?

Venocide

Needed a good reason to buy day 1. a lot of good games are still going to be release for the ps4 including MK11 ultimate edition. As much as i love Demon Souls, its not enough to get a Ps5. Maybe a new Silent hill Remake or a Metal Gear Remake would do the trick..but thats not going to happen unfortunetely.

Really not sure. On one hand there's no game intriguing enough for me to get the console at launch, on the other hand I'm really curious about what that SSD is gonna do for some of my PS4 games. I stopped playing Kingdom Come Deliverance partly because of the woeful loadtimes so I'm wondering whether the PS5 would speed them up as dramatically as it does with native PS5 titles (probably not though). Since the PS5 is going to launch here with a week's delay I'm hoping to get an answer to my questions about the console in that time and then make an informed choice once there is an opportunity to get one. Maybe Black Friday will have a deal or two available. In any case I'm not going to reward any scalper for their scalping. I'm mainly buying the PS5 for Gran Turismo 7 and since we don't even have a release date for that I'm in no rush to secure myself a unit. Who knows, I might even get as lucky as this guy and walk into a store on launch day to find a PS5 just waiting for me there ☺️

Edited by Baka_Marimo

Absolutely not.

Main reason is because I fell like I'm far from done with my Ps4, I have many games I still want to complete before moving on to the Ps5 (and yes I know it's backwards compatible but I don't have a 4K tv so I won't feel/ see any difference whatsoever) and buying a console from day one means you're buying a machine that's still full of bugs and were 'new' games are not even out yet (sure you'll be able to play Demon Souls and maybe 1 or 2 other games but that's basically it....).

I'm going to wait 2 years tops before buying one. There'll be more games released for Ps5 by then and there will be no eternal fight on pre-orders. Simple as that.

Edited by its_ArchroniX
  • Like 1

Unfortunately not because demand exceeded supply.  But that didn't stop Sony from rubbing my face in it by emailing this link (sure I'm not the only one):

https://youtu.be/t12x7k_oecc

My head would have exploded if not for the comments.

Strider
"Play has no limits" Except the stock of PS5s...that limit is really low.

Edited by pogo_loco

No way. I always wait for any launch problems to iron out, any super gimmicky stuff to get the boot and any new anti-consumer trends to be neutralized.

I also wait for a price drop. The graphics at release on new consoles are never staggeringly better than the previous generation and neither is the processing.

Not to mention...that around the 3rd month in the cycle...people start dumping previous generation titles by the truckload for pennies on the dollar.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Shua_J said:

No way. I always wait for any launch problems to iron out, any super gimmicky stuff to get the boot and any new anti-consumer trends to be neutralized.

I also wait for a price drop. The graphics at release on new consoles are never staggeringly better than the previous generation and neither is the processing.

Not to mention...that around the 3rd month in the cycle...people start dumping previous generation titles by the truckload for pennies on the dollar.

I'd disagree with you on the change between gen this time around. I think the speed increase alone is practically worth the price of admission. Was there enough of a change between PS3 & PS4 to justify the jump straight away, definitely not. This time around there are actual life improvement changes that cannot be ignored.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Smiddy23 said:

I'd disagree with you on the change between gen this time around. I think the speed increase alone is practically worth the price of admission. Was there enough of a change between PS3 & PS4 to justify the jump straight away, definitely not. This time around there are actual life improvement changes that cannot be ignored.

I get what you are saying Smiddy23. What I meant and wasn't clear about was the hardware is definitely a step up...but devs aren't up to speed on the optimization...mostly due to having to drop games for both consoles...especially at launch. It is almost always the case that developers really get to know their kits by year 2.

1 minute ago, Shua_J said:

I get what you are saying Smiddy23. What I meant and wasn't clear about was the hardware is definitely a step up...but devs aren't up to speed on the optimization...mostly due to having to drop games for both consoles...especially at launch. It is almost always the case that developers really get to know their kits by year 2.

That I can definitely agree with. You dont start seeing a real jump graphically until the 3rd year generally. First 2 years of PS4 were bare!

But the controller and the speed increase are enough for me to get excited to be an early adopter! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Smiddy23 said:

That I can definitely agree with. You dont start seeing a real jump graphically until the 3rd year generally. First 2 years of PS4 were bare!

But the controller and the speed increase are enough for me to get excited to be an early adopter! 

I agree with that completely. Dont get me wrong...I'm not a new gen nay-sayer in the least. I'm also super excited to eventually get my hands on the new controller too after watching a couple of videos on it.

I wasnt going to but then fucking Sony dangled a pre-order email in my face On sept.24th for the second wave on september 25th, so..yeah, ill be a next gen day 1 adopter for the first time. Physical drive ps5, demon souls and spider man deluxe (the day 1 edition with the ps4 remastered version Included) plus whatever games thatll be free upgrades like Mortal Kombat 11

I wasnt going to but then fucking Sony dangled a pre-order email in my face On sept.24th for the second wave on september 25th, so..yeah, ill be a next gen day 1 adopter for the first time. Physical drive ps5, demon souls and spider man deluxe (the day 1 edition with the ps4 remastered version Included) plus whatever games thatll be free upgrades like Mortal Kombat 11

edit:  turns out i may or may not get my preorder, sony sent me an email stating that my pre order payment will soon be processed..i preordered on September 25th.  At the time i had the appropriate funds on my credit card and i figured it was paid in full and im just waiting for my product.  Now im realizing that wasnt the case and at the current time of posting this, i dont have $680 readily available on my card.  I dont know when they plan to process the payment, on launch day?  If thats the case i still have a week to make another payment on my credit card.  A few possibilities are I still have until my next paycheck to make a payment on my Card before they process it, i can be under funded and be over drawn on my account and have to make up for the displaced funds, or just denied for insufficient funds and my pre order will be canceled.  

like wtf, why couldnt they just process my payment at the time i pre ordered when i actually had the money for it

11 minutes ago, Property_Damage said:

edit:  turns out i may or may not get my preorder, sony sent me an email stating that my pre order payment will soon be processed..i preordered on September 25th.  At the time i had the appropriate funds on my credit card and i figured it was paid in full and im just waiting for my product.  Now im realizing that wasnt the case and at the current time of posting this, i dont have $680 readily available on my card.  I dont know when they plan to process the payment, on launch day?  If thats the case i still have a week to make another payment on my credit card.  A few possibilities are I still have until my next paycheck to make a payment on my Card before they process it, i can be under funded and be over drawn on my account and have to make up for the displaced funds, or just denied for insufficient funds and my pre order will be canceled.  

like wtf, why couldnt they just process my payment at the time i pre ordered when i actually had the money for it

That email just started going out today, was coming here to say the same, but they did the same thing with the peripherals.

They don't usually charge until 1-3 days before shipping the product (whereas most retailers just charge the day it ships), but this email was just to make sure your payment method was secure because you're locked out of changing it as soon as it comes to be ten days before release.

I had also tried seeing if I could contact a CSR about charging the payment the day I pre-ordered because I hit a snag knowing that the current card would have expired before release, but all is well. I just gotta make sure to get to the bank and drop the money in the account, is all. 

Definitely not a day 1 purchase. Will probably wait a year or so to get it. Not that there's anything wrong with getting it day 1 but the two games that I was hyped for in the reveal show (Spider-Man: Miles Morales and Horizon: Forbidden West) are coming to PS4 and there's a few other titles I haven't yet played from this gen so I'm in no rush to move on.

Whilst the console itself does have a lot of bells and whistles (and that video showing the load times for SM:MM was unreal), there's no killer launch app that appeals to me that I can't already play on the device I own.

28 minutes ago, Apollo said:

That email just started going out today, was coming here to say the same, but they did the same thing with the peripherals.

They don't usually charge until 1-3 days before shipping the product (whereas most retailers just charge the day it ships), but this email was just to make sure your payment method was secure because you're locked out of changing it as soon as it comes to be ten days before release.

I had also tried seeing if I could contact a CSR about charging the payment the day I pre-ordered because I hit a snag knowing that the current card would have expired before release, but all is well. I just gotta make sure to get to the bank and drop the money in the account, is all. 

Im so bad with my money.  I had the credit, charged it, was confirmed and happy.  Since then ive had to use my card on several occassions, not to mention my auto insurance is automatically deducted from my account on the 1st of every month so yay me for tomorrow being more behind the ball of appropriated funds, just when i thought i had it locked in 100% now its 50/50.  If i get it great, if not then well.. the universe is telling me something.