Will you be buying the PS5 day one?

Venocide

2 hours ago, seblegamer said:

I was expecting way more answer like that ! 

Im very surprised that a big majority dont want to get it day one

For me, unless there is a big news about something annoying my way of playing, it will be a big yes too :)

Same... I'll have it preordered most likely ?

• Like 1

Not Day 1 for sure. Though if it can bring all my digital PS4 games (or even better, PS3) to PS5 and able to play multiplayers with my existing PS4, I could see myself get one before the end of this year. Always wanted to do local co-op with two consoles for so long. Won't really mind lack of early contents too if this happens.

If not then I'll wait for Slim.

I won't be getting it at all. My backlog now includes PS4 games I haven't played yet, so I don't see the point of having a FOURTH system to through for trophies. Real life is starting to catch up for me so I'll just be glad going through my PS3/Vita/PS4 collection for now.

I did buy my PS4 at launch and it held up very well for me. If I ever get a PS5, I imagine the system will be well designed and sturdy.

Edited by POEman553

Yes and no, Yes I'm getting one on launch and no I'm technically not paying for it.

I went into ebgames during the E3 bonus trade in(40% on top of lvl4 bonus 20%) and dropped about 1k worth of trade ins, made a good amount of pre-orders(expensive collectors) and have been steadily building my store credit up again with more trade ins.

I'm guessing PS5 will probably launch at around $500-650 and Pro at about $700-800 AUD, which is fine by me since my voucher is currently at $750 and still growing.

Getting it day one, unless there is going to be a price drop in 6months or year later. I dont see a point waiting especially if it's backwards compatible.

Hard to say. I have lots of PS4 games still to play for sure but, if ps5 greatly improves loading times meaning it's more enjoyable to play them on PS5, then I might get it at launch. If it improves them in other ways, and especially if PSVR games are improved graphically, then it will be pretty much day one.

That's from a gaming perspective however.

Another consideration for me is my desire to avoid adding to Sony's sales numbers and profits. Ever since they changed to their new Puritanical Global Censorship Policy I have bought as many of my games second hand as possible and would like to continue this with hardware. Maybe I'll get it a few months later therefore, if the above game related elements hold true. If PS4 games don't benefit the same as PS5 games would then I'll just finish my backlog on PS4 first.

It honestly depends on many things. I don’t usually buy games at full price: as obviously all games will be full price at launch it makes little sense for me to dive right in. I usually wait for a must-buy game (fun fact: each must-buy game for every console I bought I ended up not liking at all). I might buy the PS5 at launch or near launch if it is backwards compatible with PS3 and does some rendering/upscaling magic. I can only dream of playing Freedom Fighters (PS2) with decent graphics/framerate ?