Will you be buying the PS5 day one?

Venocide

Absolutely, I still use my day one PS4 to this day! I barely have touched my 2nd PS4 which is a newer model. Maybe has like 30 hours of gameplay on it. I always buy day 1 and have honestly never had any issues with any console I've bought day one. I also take extreme care of my gaming stuff as well. I have even left it on for months at a time until it has to shut down for an update

• Like 1

According to rumours, Sony wants to focus on exclusive PS5 titles from the get-go.

I definitely will buy the PS5 on launch, BC and more power is reason enough. Its a nice bonus if good exclusive titles release aswell.

I just hope they wont release an upgraded console too soon after the inital launch of the PS5

Edited by Mori
  • Like 3

I've never done a Day One buy for various reasons, majority of which have been covered by people above, all of which are very good and understandable reasons. But the PS5 might be the first time I do so, because even though I was always overall content to wait 6-18 months, there was always a little pang of jealousy for friends who were early adopters. So I may just trade in that jealousy for a nice measure of buyer's remorse instead. Also, Sony absolutely killed it this generation and I've been having a blast since switching back to PS so I'm happy to support them. I'll have a shiny new console to brag about and if I need to wait on some kinks to be resolved I have a massive backlog to keep me busy in the meantime.

• Like 3

Yeah, it'll be a day one buy, but I'll still hold on to the PS4. If the backwards compatibility rumors are true, then awesome because I'll be able to pack up and put in storage the PS3s and PS4s a lot sooner and just use 1 system for them all. But we'll see. For now, I shall remain the clutterfuck console hoarder I was born to be. 

• Like 1

I most likely will. The older I get, the more hungry I am for new technology. I can unload my PS4 Pro while it still has value, making it a lot more affordable. The loading of older games is a reason by itself for me to get it.

I'm not really worried about console issues, since I buy every new Playstation console nowadays anyway.

• Like 1