Will you be buying the PS5 day one?

Venocide

I don't think that's a very good idea, because at least during the first months there are actually not too many reasons to buy a new consoles. 

First than all, there are not gonna be too many titles to even consider it, and secondly and most important, the first ones usually come with manufacturing defects, so it was with the X360 and the very well known red ring of the dead, and with PS4 and Error CE-34878.

Besides, I still have a lot of titles to play on my PS4 and even bought a PS3 to enjoy many other I could not play at its time, so if I buy a PS5, that might be in early 2022 or perhaps in late 2021.

I was leaning toward yes ever since it was announced but after hearing about them possibly porting Horizon Zero Dawn to PC, I’m not sure. If they start porting exclusives to PC I might be done with PlayStation entirely. Would be a terrible move by them. 

Edited by DarkHpokinsn
  • Like 1

Yes. Already started saving for it and a 4K TV purchase at that time as well so I can finally enjoy the 4K Blu-Rays I've been collecting.

I really hope 1 change they make for PS5 is trophies. Mainly that you can see your trophy points on your PS5 profile similar to a gamerscore and all PS4,PS3 games show up too.

• Like 1

No

I'll always wait for a solid year. Because of 3 main reasons

- Games are not always good at the start of a generation

- Price drops baby both games, consoles and accessories

- Backlog of PS4, Vita and Switch games means im good for a while.

I mean if its backwards compatible thats great but i aint gonna blow 500 sterling if i dont have too. 

That said its early days, blow me away Sony. I know you want to! 

Edited by punkshepherd
Grammar/Spelling
  • Like 1

I feel like the first versions of consoles have always been disappointing. Think about the first version of the Nintendo DS, the Nintendo Wii, the original Playstation 2, Xbox 360 red ring of death,...
These are all pretty old, but even PS4 & Xbone's launch versions were disappointing overall. And don't get me started on the technical disaster that the Nintendo Switch launch was eventhough they had insanely good titles (if you're reading this: check out Crowbcat's video on the Switch launch on YouTube)

I never buy anything day one or pre-order any games, I wait for the reviews to come out and then I'll decide if the console/game is worth it or not. For example games like No Man's Sky, who were abysmal at launch but super hyped by everyone. Some games, like the Infinite Warfare/MW Remastered bundle, seemed bad before launch but then were actually decent. I'll advise anyone to not just jump on the hype train or the hate bandwagon of games that is all too common on the internet nowadays. But back to the point, I only got the PS4 in mid-2016 with an extra controller bundle because my computer was too shitty to play GTA V. So I'll definitely wait again for atleast a year to buy this one and in the meanwhile clear some of my backlog.

• Like 1