Will you be buying the PS5 day one?

Venocide

i personally won't buy it day 1 because their first consoles always had issues.

disk drive broken after a weak, system errors all day long, yellow light /red light of death - and after a few months they get better fans and iron out all the bugs etc. 

we are basically the beta testers of the final version and i don't want all that trouble anymore. 

i buy it a few months afterwards when they get their stuff together and all shops get the 3rd or 4th wave of better /more stable consoles

Since the ps2 I've always gotten a console very late into the generation. For me, I'll won't get the console day 1 simply because of these reasons:

• A huge backlog from previous consoles - I've yet to finish my ps3 games (although the number for those is decreasing rapidly) and I've got over 50 ps4 games sitting on the hard drive having never been booted up
  • History tells us that a slimmer and more efficient iteration of the console releases a few years after the initial launch. Usually, any hardware issues present in the original model will be ironed out
  • There is money to be saved for us patient gamers. There will be a time when the price of the console goes down significantly - usually a few years after launch plus even more during Black Friday or Boxing day sales
  • There will be a multitude of great games already released by the time I get the ps5 later into the generation. No waiting at all for the anticipated AAA titles and relating to the third point above, you won't have to spend $60 a pop for those games as they'll probably become dirt cheap as we are seeing now during numerous ps store sales
  • Like 1

I never bought a console on day one, I was always at least 2-3 years behind, like I bought my PS4 in on black friday when it was discounted 2 years after release. So I'll likely do the same as I have so many games to play on my PS4 that will keep me going for at least another 2-3 years. Also, I would want the pro version so I am definitely waiting for that

Yeah, I'm like others here.  I will wait for the inevitable Pro version of the PS5 and then I'll bite the bullet.  I got lucky with this generation since there were so many good games at launch, but I really wanted the PS4 Pro when it came out but I couldn't justify the costs since I had a working PS4.

It will be the same for the PSVR whenever that gets a new model.  Hopefully they'll opt for onboard processing and it becomes its own thing, but I'm not buying the current model since I feel a redesign right around the corner (and my brother-in-law doesn't mind me going over to play with theirs). 

In Soviet Russia you either buy it as soon as possible, or economy collapses and you end up buying it for 1.5 times more a year later. So definitely a day one buy. 

I hope it will work with all PS4 games without any workarounds so I will just replace PS4 with PS5 as my main gaming platform.

• Like 2