My Flapmaster experience and advice for trophy hunters

Malex595

This was quite an inspirational read xD Personally I had few issues with Flapmaster, but only because I had the horrible training of playing Flappy Bird while in a bus that was driving on a broken section of a road. THAT is frustration! BUT I AGREE THAT THIS TROPHY IS CRAP! And yes, the bottom line is 100% true : the moment you take the trophy and the game seriously is the moment you lose!

Btw there was some user, I can't remember who but god bless him, said that if you just start all kind of mods the game slows down as in gets mildly broken which makes the flapmaster easier. Seems just right to use a game breaking tool in a game that promotes bugs and breaks :dance:

This trophy is a mistery to me... I would never have guessed that a trophy with a 30% rarity that has been earned by over 31'000 people on this site could be rage inducing and so heavily discussed ?

I would love to try it myself to see how it is, but I don't wanna play a shit game just for that ?

After some useless spended hours yesterday i was able to win this trophy.. Finally! what a disaster.. Input lags etc. I also experienced a lot of higher "jumps" than possible. It looked like i pressed the button 1.5 times instead of 1 time, really strange.

My advice: Keep calm and don't stress out. Keep trying. Take a break now and then if it takes long.

Edited by lordziro

My advice is to go for the trophy straight away. I went into the PS3 version knowing about the trophy. So I did 10 minutes of flappy goat and then when I felt rage building up,l I went and did something else in the game

Don't save it till last, you won't even feel happy when you get it.

If you look at my order this trophy is in the middle

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/3772-goat-simulator/enaysoft?order=date

Play it, don't rage, reward yourself with a silver or gold trophy every 10 minutes of play when you feel anger.

Another tip I have is to drape something across your TV so you can't see the score, just play and have fun, if possible. I thought I had failed but I got 14 and though wow cool. I heard the trophy pop.

It's an odd game but man did I enjoy it a lot more second half knowing that the hard trophy was now out the way.

Edited by enaysoft

I know it's not helpful, but I am a pretty old gamer who refuses to admit his eyesight is starting to go and has a tendency to get worked up over unfair game mechanics causes by lazy programming. Still I got this trophy in both versions of the game without much trouble at all. PS3 version took a little longer than PS4 but my learnt skills and the knowledge I had about how the game worked did help very much when I did the PS4 version. I literally got that one in minutes of trying.

A general tip is that you need to take into consideration that the hitbox of your character is a square that touches all its outer edges. So even the empty space in the corners will trigger a fail if it hits something. It's not very good programming, but when a certain death seems unfair it at least will make some more sense when you know this.

Another important thing for me was taking enough time to position the goat in front of the arcade machine. (I would not opt for the television version of the game, because that one has a stretched image that can get very misleading.)

Oh and try to not keep track of your score if you know you might get nervous after passing 7 or 8 hurdles. Just get into your cadance and go for it without really paying attention to anything else at all. You will know you got it when the trophy pops.

Edited by pinkrobot_pb