Having a hard time with the game...

AJ_Radio

I bought Just Cause 2 a couple months ago, didn't add to the backlog because I plan to platinum this soon.

So far I do not like the game. The controls are poor, which I guess is to be expected of PS3 era titles but I find myself struggling to do good maneuvers to dodge enemy fire, since they made both rolling and running on the SAME BUTTON.

It's funny how nostalgia and age work against you....

The gimmick in this franchise is blowing shit up with Chaos. Chaos enables you to unlock new options, including new missions and stronghold takeovers. Problem is a lot of areas, including villages, you're not so much blowing shit up, but you're looking for collectibles such as drug stashes, weapon parts for upgrades and money to buy stuff from the black market. I've left many areas with 30 - 40 percent completion because I haven't a goddamn clue how to get them to 100 percent.

Perhaps later in the game I will unlock additional things for me to blow up and explore...

Hardcore difficulty is annoying. I might just start an entire new playthrough on Easy and work on getting the 75 percent from there after I finish off the story on Hardcore. Yes, people have said I will play an additional 10 - 15 hours, but if that means not dying repeatedly and having to start a whole fucking fight again because saving isn't always generous, I'm up for it.

Overall it's a fairly easy game, it's just pretty annoying on Hardcore.

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 1

Had a similar issues, then found two things that carried me right to the plat

https://justcause.fandom.com/wiki/Main_Page

Wikia for the franchise. Every time that i entered a new location, first thing i did, i searched for that location on there. Every page contains info about what needs to be destroyed for 100%, so the feeling of confusion, due to not knowing what to do, was removed.

http://jc2map.info/

Interactive map for the whole game. For when you know what is left but have no idea where is it. Great tool as well. Map in-game can't be zoomed as much as on there, but it should give a general tip as to which area you should be patrolling for missing stuff.

For combat, when overwhelmed, keep on rolling until you can hide (not cover, cover is shit) and wait for regeneration. Pulling everyone to yourself with the hook also helps and leaves enemies helpless.

• Like 1

well, if you dont like just cause 2, then def dont try 3. the trophies on that game to break records wore out 2 of my controller analogs to get platinum. i remember 2 being kind of difficult at times but i also liked the game so it didnt bother me. but you can def do it just keep trying. if you cant finish a area do it later. its been years since i played it so my mind is a bit foggy. but i do know the longer you play just cause games the more better you become with the controls. so the first day or 2 you pick the controller up you might wanna throw it against the wall. but put in enough hours and you start to master the game. 

• Like 1

Hardcore is rough at the start. But as you upgrade your weapons and get more health from those 'shield' pickups, the game becomes easier.

24 Hours in and only at 37 Percent. Probably going to end up somewhere between 50 - 60 Hours by the time I'm done.

Edited by Spaz